Thread: Wind power generator

Wind power generator

Hi everyone I am seriously considering buying a wind generator. Looking for one to plug into my current grid. Some thing that can suply the power I need for my house hold apliances and what power I dont use I can sell to the local powercompany. Anyone here have any experience with wind generators or any advice as to what model or company to go with?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you should have a site survey of your land done to see if a wind generator is worth the money invest [vs solar or some other RE]

then pick up as many "home power" magazines as you can find and read through them. that will at least get you started.

Thanks, normaly I wouldnt consider wind power but I live on a big hill and there is a havester silo thats abotu 60ft tall just sitting there. Seems like it is always windy here. I am thinking about this
    http://www.bergey.com/pages/10kwgridteksystem

With the federal tax credit of 30% and if I can use the silo as the tower it will only cost me $23,370. Which is't bad at all. i guess my next step will be contacting the company and geting a test done that will tell me if it is really worth my while.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Well, you can find several additional opinions on such type of generator first. As I know, many people in the windy regions get the energy in such a way and they are happy with it.