Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn. Alaska. Be ware of Kerri Price from HQ.

Default Attn. Alaska. Be ware of Kerri Price from HQ.

Attention all grassroots volunteers in Alaska. Upon opening offices in Anchorage and Fairbanks one of the staffers the official campaign sent up there to help you guys is Kerri Price. Friends, I don't know how seriously I can put this. But she is bad news. She worked in the Michigan campaign and it is no exaggeration to say that her involvement literally cost RP votes in Michigan (on the campaigns dime nonetheless). There are threads in the forums that talk about this, as well as one here:
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/vie...ager.offset=40

I know what I'm talking about firsthand, and can tell you there are many other volunteers who worked in Michigan who can corroborate what I'm saying.

My advice to all Alaska grassroots is to steer clear of her. Do not share information with her. Do not trust her to provide you with anything. Do not let her take any kind of authority role in your local campaign structure. Shun her as much as possible and let her sit in an office fiddling around on Facebook the whole time. It will be a lot less of a waste than if you let her try to "help."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't think there's evidence of any more than incompetence. But it's a level of incompetence that is just as bad as if it were deliberate. Like I said, it's clear that things are worse with her help than without it. Basically, she came in thinking she knew everything and in effect took over the operation of the whole state. Since Leslie Roszman is still the state coordinator, and Kerri is only the coordinator for SE Michigan, this never should have happened. But I think Leslie may be too nice of a person to confront her. Kerri has consistently demanded that everyone who wants to be involved in helping the official campaign must do the things she wants. Usually her ideas don't make sense. And when people ask her questions, she gives these condescending pat answers that reveal she's too clueless to understand what they were really getting at. For example, right after she got here in early December she realized that the deadline for voter registration was Dec. 15 and decided that we needed to drop all campaign activities and commit all of our efforts to a massive voter registration drive, like we're MTV Rock the Vote or something. When people asked her why it's worth the time to register people who don't support Ron Paul she replied by saying, "If they aren't registered they can't vote for him." (Well, yeah, but that doesn't answer the question.) On conference calls when people brought up the suggestion of getting organized in how we will run our get out the vote efforts, she replied, "Well, I know there's this video on the official website that talks about that, but since we started so late here, we don't have time to worry about that." Once again, totally clueless. I knew she was wrong because I and the local volunteers I'd been working with had already been collecting phone numbers from supporters and potential supporters we met, asking them if we could call them to remind them to vote on election day. We're going to call them ourselves. Kerri didn't like that idea because she had never thought of it. Kerri also wanted to make a major statewide effort to communicate RP's pro-life stance. When one member expressed the thought on the michigan4ronpaul message board that there may be other issues that will win more votes, she had their post deleted. In Southwest Michigan, circumstances that had gone on earlier in the Fall left a big vacuum of leadership for only meetup group centered in Berrien county (and there never was one in Cass county). So our Michiana for Ron Paul group, which is pretty big and well-organized and includes people from both of those counties as well as Indiana (where most of it's members are from) made a point of concentrating all of its efforts there. Since October, we have been the only group campaigning in those counties and have had at least 10 events in them, including canvassing every decent sized town. Two of us were appointed as the Berrien and Cass county coordinators and provided with lists of contacts of people in those counties that had been in touch with the national campaign. We were to integrate them into the canvassing efforts and provide them with yard signs and literature. Last week, at the 11th hour, at the order of Kerri they removed us from those positions because we don't reside in Michigan. They assigned new people to those positions who had no idea what to do. Now after 4 weeks of Kerri giving us the run around about how all the signs and lit. we need we be here any day, it just came in the past two days, and now these completely uninitiated county coordinators have to figure out what to do with them.
    One other thing I forgot to add. The minute Kerri came into Michigan she started insisting that we had to get everyone off of Meetup. She wanted us to use the phone and email and the second-rate michigan4ronpaul.com website to replace everything that we had been using meetup for. She insisted that meetup is strictly a social networking site and not good for planning campaign events. This claim is absolutely ludicrous. That's like saying that we shouldn't have ads on TV because TV is only for sitcoms and sports. I think her real reason is that the vast nationwide use of meetup groups allows for grassroots workers to act separately from national HQ, and she wouldn't be able to control what happened in Michigan as long as this grassroots operation remained in place.

I agree that the problem isn't strictly one against her personally. From the testimonies we've already encountered in Iowa and New Hampshire, there are other equally terrible people working for the campaign. I don't know the names of others. But we need to blacklist them.

All campaign staff, such as Kerri Price, who are going into states and causing all this damage, must be shut off from the real campaign that is going on there. I don't know where Kerri will go next (perhaps Ohio, since that's where she's from, or perhaps another midwestern state that's earlier than them, such as Illinois which votes on Super Tuesday). But the volunteers there need to be warned not to grant her any authority whatsoever. They cannot trust her promises about providing them with materials. They should order what they need themselves, and preferably not through the official campaign's store. They cannot take orders from her. And they cannot integrate her into their operations unless she agrees to assist underneath the leadership they have in place. If this blacklisting results in people like her getting fired, that would help a lot. Even if it only results in minimizing their impact on the campaign, that would also help.
    bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Interesting.
    Live Free or Die...

"I Killed The Bank!" -Andrew Jackson
    "I Killed The Bank Again!" -Ron Paul

Have not met her, yet Alaskans are independent and dont take orders. Outsiders that cause trouble are soon put "outside in the cold". Our two local leaders are running things well and the crew from outside are supporting. They might have sent her here because she could cause the least trouble. Alaska is huge and to connect with Alaskans independent thinking it helps to be and think like an Alaskan. Alaskans are naturally distrustful of people that just arrive from outside, to show them how things are done.
    Last edited by seapilot; 01-28-2008 at 06:47 PM.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Have not met her, yet Alaskans are independent and dont take orders.
    No kidding! Coming up here for business, it's always Alaskans vs. the "Lower 48"

It sounds to me like she is enthusiastic but not a good leader. Not everyone knows how to lead. I'd advise assigning her to a task where her abilities will be useful and where she feels she is contributing but one where she is not making important decisions. She can be an asset. We need all the help we can get.

I am not getting into details here, but a HUGE problem developed shortly after the campaign staff showed up. I may provide details after February 9th. For now, I only want to give Paul the best possible showing, so that the next candidate will find his way a bit smoother. Alaska has 29 delegates to the national convention. I and many others are working on delivering as many as possible to Ron Paul, and have no time for drama.

Where is HQ finding these people? HQ should be HQ and not interfere within states. They should cut their staff by 250 and function from one single location.

Create 90 second television ads which have substance and present fresh visions of freedom. They should be constantly creating fresh visual and textual imagery of what freedom promises to actually be in the reality of a Ron Paul administration.

With 50 people in one location they can do this and let the grassroots do what the grassroots does best.

Matthew Chapters 23 + 24

Have not met her, yet Alaskans are independent and dont take orders. Outsiders that cause trouble are soon put "outside in the cold". Our two local leaders are running things well and the crew from outside are supporting. They might have sent her here because she could cause the least trouble. Alaska is huge and to connect with Alaskans independent thinking it helps to be and think like an Alaskan. Alaskans are naturally distrustful of people that just arrive from outside, to show them how things are done.
    Good luck to you guys.. So does the official campaign know of the issues with her? Anyone tried to talk to them? What's their response? Is she gonna get fired?

Best advice is to send only one official staff member to each state HQ for communication purposes. The rest should be volunteers and the money used for advertising. That would be my strategy. As Captain electron posted we have to focus on getting out the vote for this Tuesday.

Best advice is to send only one official staff member to each state HQ for communication purposes. The rest should be volunteers and the money used for advertising. That would be my strategy. As Captain electron posted we have to focus on getting out the vote for this Tuesday.
    From what I know, this is what's happening down here, and it seems to be working very very well (I'm not high up, though, so I'm not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pedersen View Post
    Where is HQ finding these people? HQ should be HQ and not interfere within states. They should cut their staff by 250 and function from one single location.

Create 90 second television ads which have substance and present fresh visions of freedom. They should be constantly creating fresh visual and textual imagery of what freedom promises to actually be in the reality of a Ron Paul administration.

With 50 people in one location they can do this and let the grassroots do what the grassroots does best.
    Sounds like HQ could benefit to learn from Ron's call for "less government."
    "I'm thinkin' we'll rise again"

Quote Originally Posted by noztnac View Post
    It sounds to me like she is enthusiastic but not a good leader. Not everyone knows how to lead. I'd advise assigning her to a task where her abilities will be useful and where she feels she is contributing but one where she is not making important decisions.
    She would rebel at being "assigned" anything except directly from national HQ. She would consider any other activity to be beneath her. She has a big head, is very snobbish, and talks down to everyone. I suggest assigning her a seat on the next bus out of town.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Quote Originally Posted by Eponym_mi View Post
    She would rebel at being "assigned" anything except directly from national HQ. She would consider any other activity to be beneath her. She has a big head, is very snobbish, and talks down to everyone. I suggest assigning her a seat on the next bus out of town.
    Dont they have to have an interview or resumes? Guess when there is millions to spend quickly some fall through the cracks. With all the hard core volunteers out there think it would have been easy to get some quality people to work for the campaign.

Dont they have to have an interview or resumes? Guess when there is millions to spend quickly some fall through the cracks.
    She looks good on paper and probably does ok on interviews. But yeah, the screening is apparently not very good. Frankly, I'm concerned that national HQ would still consider using her for anything. And I'll be even more concerned if she is put in any position where others might depend on her to get something done. If she is going to AK, keep a close eye on her, and don't depend on her for anything.
    Philosphy of Liberty

She looks good on paper and probably does ok on interviews. But yeah, the screening is apparently not very good. Frankly, I'm concerned that national HQ would still consider using her for anything. And I'll be even more concerned if she is put in any position where others might depend on her to get something done. If she is going to AK, keep a close eye on her, and don't depend on her for anything.
    Well if its any consolation, Alaskans dont usually depend on anybody for anything anyways. Well except spam(the food).

Everyone write the campaign, I just did.

If what you say is true, we need to make it known to HQ.

Alaskans dont usually depend on anybody for anything anyways.
    Yes, I suspected that to be the case. However, there are a number of ways for someone to sabotage a campaign that might not be so obvious, i.e., neglecting to order needed materials in a timely manner, delaying action on critical activities, etc.. Your primary is rapidly approaching, so, much of that is probably beyond concern. It really puzzles me that national would send anyone with your primary a week away anyway.
    Philosphy of Liberty

and paul hits a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth with 2 out, for the win....
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

She was sent back south and no longer "assisting alaska".

I second what this guy says. I have dealt with her two times, the last time I put her in her place, in front of a few others.

Things Kerri will do:

1)Try to take control of the meetups and create chaos
    2)Promise to have campaign materials the 'next day' - never happens
    3)Try and create a strategy of canvassing that hurts the campaign, such as focussing on geographic areas that are of no significance to the campaign/Ron Paul
    4)She will literally not be able to communicate or answer anything asked, she is deficient in logic and reason, and should be IGNORED.
    5)She uses divide and conquer techniques amongst the meetups, to garner a leadership role for herself
    6)She is a liability to this campaign, and should be sent over to McCain's if they will accept her
    7)Lastly, 'she is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed and she knows it'

My two cents-
    Last edited by Michigan11; 01-31-2008 at 08:47 AM.

"She was sent back south and no longer "assisting alaska"."

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/369703.html

Ron Paul Campaign to Hold Civil Liberties Town Hall Meeting Thursday

ANCHORAGE, Ala. The Ron Paul 2008 Alaska presidential campaign invites Anchorage-area voters to a town hall meeting on privacy and individual liberties on Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 p.m. The Q&A session will be held at the Ron Paul 2008 Alaska State Headquarters in Anchorage at 3339 Fairbanks St., near 34th and Old Seward, behind the Moose's Tooth.

"Congressman Paul is the leading advocate for individual freedoms in the presidential race," said Paul Alaska state political director Craig Bergman. "His opposition to Real ID and the Patriot Act proves that he is the sole presidential candidate devoted to the protection of American civil liberties, as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Alaskans need Ron Paul fighting for their rights as President."

Ten-term Texas Congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is known for his consistent pro-Constitution voting record and advocacy of civil liberties. As a member of the US House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies.

Congressman Paul's Alaska campaign is building on the heels of his second-place finishes in the Nevada and Louisiana caucuses. He is the only Republican presidential candidate actively campaigning in Alaska, with 2 offices, 11 field staffers, and 40 district chairs operating statewide.

Congressman Paul is also the highest-polling Republican presidential candidate in Alaska. In December's KTUU presidential preference poll, Ron Paul placed first with 29 percent of the vote.

The Alaska Republican presidential primary vote will take place on February 5, 2008.

For Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee Kerri Price, 202-491-5229
    Last edited by hillertexas; 01-31-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    "She was sent back south and no longer "assisting alaska"."

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/369703.html

Ron Paul Campaign to Hold Civil Liberties Town Hall Meeting Thursday

ANCHORAGE, Ala. — The Ron Paul 2008 Alaska presidential campaign invites Anchorage-area voters to a town hall meeting on privacy and individual liberties on Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 p.m. The Q&A session will be held at the Ron Paul 2008 Alaska State Headquarters in Anchorage at 3339 Fairbanks St., near 34th and Old Seward, behind the Moose's Tooth.

"Congressman Paul is the leading advocate for individual freedoms in the presidential race," said Paul Alaska state political director Craig Bergman. "His opposition to Real ID and the Patriot Act proves that he is the sole presidential candidate devoted to the protection of American civil liberties, as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Alaskans need Ron Paul fighting for their rights as President."

Ten-term Texas Congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is known for his consistent pro-Constitution voting record and advocacy of civil liberties. As a member of the US House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies.

Congressman Paul's Alaska campaign is building on the heels of his second-place finishes in the Nevada and Louisiana caucuses. He is the only Republican presidential candidate actively campaigning in Alaska, with 2 offices, 11 field staffers, and 40 district chairs operating statewide.

Congressman Paul is also the highest-polling Republican presidential candidate in Alaska. In December's KTUU presidential preference poll, Ron Paul placed first with 29 percent of the vote.

The Alaska Republican presidential primary vote will take place on February 5, 2008.

For Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee Kerri Price, 202-491-5229
    She hit the road, is gone, packed up her things and left, saw it with my own eyes. This was yesterday evening. All her duties were assigned to another staffer. One of your emails must have got to the right person.
    Last edited by seapilot; 01-31-2008 at 11:57 AM.

All her duties were assigned to another staffer.
    I hope that isn't much of a hardship, but think you would be better off without her anyway.
    Philosphy of Liberty

She was sent back south and no longer "assisting alaska".
    As of last night at 17:56 she was still the "Alaska Field Coordinator".

As of 1900 she was packing up and heading out the door.

hahahaha solved that little problem well!

I got an email from Meghann Walker last night stating that she (Meghann) was the Alaska Field Coordinator.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast