Thread: Photos: CPAC 2011

Thumbs up Photos: CPAC 2011

View photos: here.

After days of selecting, editing and uploading, I have finally compiled a large selection of photos I took at this year's CPAC. I attempted to attend nearly every C4L & YAL event, as well as every major speaker, and I believe I was able to accomplish that goal. Thanks to my press pass, I was able to take photos from wherever I pleased, and I hope that you enjoy the photos of the speakers from my personal perspective. You can find plenty more photos, here.

Mitt after realizing his attempt to win the straw poll was futile.

Although the event was very draining by the end of the week, I hope you all enjoy my photos. I look forward to hopefully attending next year as well. Our victory at this year's CPAC was amazing, and really signifies our movement's strength and passion. It was great meeting those of you who also made the journey to CPAC, and for those who didn't, I hope I've let you in on what you unfortunately missed.

You can find a vast collection of photos, more than 600 I believe, on my photostream, here. Please enjoy.
    Last edited by Gage; 02-17-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those are really good photos. Although I hate both men, the pictures of Trump and Romney are brilliant.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

Thank you.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Thank you!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I think you have found your calling my friend. You are one hell of a photographer!
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Wow... Rumsfeld looks like a ghost.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Gage. +rep

EDIT: When I get more rep to give out, you'll be the first to get it. >_>
    tu ne cede malis

Thanks everyone, glad you like the photos. Rep is appreciated.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

This one looks funny and photoshopped.

Great shots!

Mitt Romney by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr
    lulz
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
    This one looks funny and photoshopped.
    Hah, actually it's because I accidentally focused on her arm rather than her face.

Gage, you are amazing photographer.

pimped on facebook, you seriously need a website and to start charging

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Hah, actually it's because I accidentally focused on her arm rather than her face.
    Do it more often, it's cool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
    Do it more often, it's cool.
    Well, it was largely due to the lens I was using, as I rented one specifically for CPAC. The one I used is much better than the one I usually usually use though, but I have been looking into purchasing a new lens.

Awesome job man. How difficult was it to obtain a press pass?

Dang, does everyone use teleprompters?
    Forget Ron Paul 2012- RON PAUL FOREVER!

Check out my zazzle store- http://www.zazzle.com/jvparkour*

Quote Originally Posted by JVParkour View Post
    Dang, does everyone use teleprompters?
    It's there for those that want to use, but not everyone used it. Lots of people made fun of Obama at CPAC in previous years for using teleprompters, all while a teleprompter was on stage during their speech. They weren't using it, though.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    Awesome job man. How difficult was it to obtain a press pass?
    Actually, not that difficult.

Great shots! Thanks for sharing!

The question is did you get a picture with "Teh CollinS"!!!
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    The question is did you get a picture with "Teh CollinS"!!!
    I didn't, but I did snap a photo of Kotin with Collins.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.