Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming- Man Made or Natural?

User requested to be banned for time reasons

Global Warming- Man Made or Natural?

Alright, I think we can all agree on the fact that the world is getting warmer. I see many of us, however, are divided as to the cause of this heating. Please provide any evidence to back up your positions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Global warming is natural.

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...lobal_warming/

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Update by Joe D’Aleo, Icecap
    Thursday, November 15, John Coleman, the founder of the cable TV Weather Channel and currently TV meteorologist in San Diego at KUSI began a series of short briefs trying to explain in simplified terms for the layman why he does not believe in global greenhouse warming on his KUSI climate blog.

Below was his original statement that got much national attention. KUSI and Icecap received hundreds of emails, better than 90% favorable, thanking John for his courage in speaking out on this issue and thanking KUSI and Icecap for covering the news the networks won’t cover. There were of course some negative responses mostly ad hominem attacks questioning motivation as is typical in this issue. Some requested John follow up with some concrete facts in understandable terms and he will begin to do that. The first brief on that link will address the ‘hockey stick”.

By John Coleman

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create an illusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the “research” to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus. Read the rest of the original blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by rational thinker View Post
    Alright, I think we can all agree on the fact that the world is getting warmer. I see many of us, however, are divided as to the cause of this heating. Please provide any evidence to back up your positions.
    Actually, i have to challenge your premise that we all agree that the climate is warming.

I'll use the same link the above poster used, because it's a great site with many different scientists from different fields.

http://icecap.us/index.php

Heres a sample of one article:

It was a remarkable interview involving the co-host of Counterpoint, Michael Duffy and Jennifer Marohasy, a biologist and senior fellow of Melbourne-based think tank the Institute of Public Affairs. Anyone in public life who takes a position on the greenhouse gas hypothesis will ignore it at their peril.

Duffy asked Marohasy: “Is the Earth still warming?” She replied: “No, actually, there has been cooling, if you take 1998 as your point of reference. If you take 2002 as your point of reference, then temperatures have plateaued. This is certainly not what you’d expect if carbon dioxide is driving temperature because carbon dioxide levels have been increasing but temperatures have actually been coming down over the last 10 years.”

No. It is the biggest scam in history.

The temperatures have been decreasing for quite some time now.

Secondly, if Global Warming was real, only 10% of the ice caps they report are actually melting (the ones by the north pole). Antarctica has 90% of our ice caps... and they've been growing at more of a rapid rate than before.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ic_020822.html

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

The issue is too complex to make any snap judgments. To say it's "nature" and not human activity is to fail to realize the obvious: we are part of nature.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. To summarily dismiss that we have any effect on the environment is ridiculous. To go overboard with it is also ridiculous. We need to be smart and remove the politics from this issue, it has no place and both sides prevent us from really learning what is going on.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    The issue is too complex to make any snap judgments. To say it's "nature" and not human activity is to fail to realize the obvious: we are part of nature.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. To summarily dismiss that we have any effect on the environment is ridiculous. To go overboard with it is also ridiculous. We need to be smart and remove the politics from this issue, it has no place and both sides prevent us from really learning what is going on.
    Of course humans are a part of nature. I have never suggested, nor argued otherwise. Our contribution to "global warming" ( so called ) is minuscule in comparison to "other" major natural periodic, cyclic forces.<IMHO>

Try this one on for size.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=164002

Thanks!

Global Warming- Man Made or Natural?
    Well most of us understand that it is a Man Made Scam.
    http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature...ticle10866.htm
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...NTARY/10575140
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-22-2008 at 05:58 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you piss in to the ocean, does it turn yellow?

Pete

Check oout this site, they have over 180 links to articles disputing Global Warming. Even if you disagree, you should still check out the links for opposing views.

http://schnittshow.newsradio610.com/globalwarming.html

It is virtually shoved down our throats that scientists are in complete agreement about global warming. Al Gore and the media assure us there is an absolute consensus in the scientific community that humans are heating the planet and irreversible damage is looming as a result of man's carbon output. The truth is, there is not an irrefutable consensus. How about some intellectual honesty? Reasonable debate? Or, in the least, a different explanation. Below is one of the largest collections of articles and opinion pieces on the Internet, many written by respected scientists, climatologists, meteorologists and professors who dispute the apocalyptic "man-made" explanation of global warming.

Last edited by ulsterscots; 01-07-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    If you piss in to the ocean, does it turn yellow?

Pete
    If you fart in a hurricane, does it stink?

Seriously, there was an interesting data point this week about 3,000 ocean buoys not finding any warming. Here are some quotes. It's NPR so a grain of salt is required.

"“Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. …
    In fact, 80 percent to 90 percent of global warming involves heating up ocean waters….. Since the system was fully deployed in 2003, it has recorded no warming of the global oceans.
    "There has been a very slight cooling, but not anything really significant “”

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=88520025

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

I agree. The debate has become politicised and the bulk of the public funding is going toward the man caused warming side at the moment. When people start using science for power and control it gets scary.
    I really want to know what is happening without the politics and it is real hard to make a good judgement with all the hysteria. Like now I am trying to find more news stories about what seems to be a global temperature plunge this last year but very few media outlets will cover this. The best I could find was that the ice caps have made a huge resurgance this year but it was written from the angle that the deep multi year sea ice was down.
    Last edited by klamath; 03-22-2008 at 09:25 AM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    An excellent article to say the least.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by haigh View Post
    If you fart in a hurricane, does it stink?
    Only if someone smells it.

I agree that the earth is warming, but from what I can gather, it's either flat-lined for the moment, or decreased. Aside from that, I don't think man is the main cause; I'd say his influence is less than 1%, so you could technically say he is causing it to a degree...but not enough to do anything worth even noting...it's like adding a pinch of salt to a college size pool; you're directly effecting it, but not enough to warrant a massive change.

I'd also love for a global warming person explain to me why it's snowing outside my Ohio home today...despite it being March--I've never seen this happen this late in the month before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    I agree that the earth is warming, but from what I can gather, it's either flat-lined for the moment, or decreased. Aside from that, I don't think man is the main cause; I'd say his influence is less than 1%, so you could technically say he is causing it to a degree...but not enough to do anything worth even noting...it's like adding a pinch of salt to a college size pool; you're directly effecting it, but not enough to warrant a massive change.

I'd also love for a global warming person explain to me why it's snowing outside my Ohio home today...despite it being March--I've never seen this happen this late in the month before.
    I live in PA, just on your doorstep, and I'll say this--I can't say whether the weather is warmer or colder, the stats can tell you that, but the weather is different from when I was a kid.

Something has changed.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...lobal_warming/
    I thought you guys didn't trust what comes out of the MSM? Surely he must have a hidden agenda.
    Conspiracy theories are just self-esteem boosters for those who have none. It empowers them with a feeling of being "in the know", and boosts their self-esteem by talking down to everyone as if they are sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    I thought you guys didn't trust what comes out of the MSM? Surely he must have a hidden agenda.

Not MSM!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Quote Originally Posted by Signzit View Post
    Just giving him a hard time.
    Either way I don't think there is enough evidence to point to either side of the debate. Your video hasn't swayed me.
    Conspiracy theories are just self-esteem boosters for those who have none. It empowers them with a feeling of being "in the know", and boosts their self-esteem by talking down to everyone as if they are sheep.

Perhaps a non MSM view:

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Just giving him a hard time.
    Either way I don't think there is enough evidence to point to either side of the debate. Your video hasn't swayed me.
    Try this:
    Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
    http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Try this:
    Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
    http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm
    Thanks. Very informative. No conspiracies, just facts, and info.

I take it from the "you guys" part, you are not a Ron Paul supporter?

Thanks. Very informative. No conspiracies, just facts, and info.
    You're welcome! I have conspiracies available too ( on request ).

User requested to be banned for time reasons

Let me make this simpler. How many of you believe that evolution is a lie?

Let me make this simpler. How many of you believe that evolution is a lie?
    No, I don't believe evolution is a lie, it is more of a half truth.

It's not a collective issue, it's a free market issue. I believe that a true free market would solve any environmental concerns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast