Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FoxNews using 2010 footage of CPAC booing as an intro for 2011 year Ron Paul win

send it to thinkprogress and media matters

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Typical. Switch a little video. Exaggerate (make-up) what was actually said by some hecklers...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah, I'd like to see the contrast between the two videos and pushed to bloggers and reporters who care about truth.

My email went through. Call both of Dr. Paul's offices and let them know what Fox did.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

If people haven't figured out Fox by now, I question their ability to use reason and logic.

Who's good at putting viral videos together? Has Aravoth been around lately?
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    Someone make a youtube video documenting the discrepancy and then send it to bloggers. Make fun of the fair and balanced slogan in the video. We should actively work to discredit Fox if they are unwilling to give us a fair audience.

Is there a way to petition the FCC to fine Fox for blatant misrepresentation?

Edit: here is a link

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Broadcast (TV and Radio), Cable, and Satellite Issues > Unauthorized/unfair/biased/illegal broadcasts
    Done!

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    listening to the MoxNews version, yeah the FOx News dubbed over the crowd noise. Sick... FU Frank.
    That seems unfair, which violates their claim that Fox is Fair.

Big deal though. What are we really going to do about it?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

the really scary part is that we catch this because we're so vigilant. Imagine what flows day after day unnoticed that is assumed to be accurate but is not.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Tonewah View Post
    If people haven't figured out Fox by now, I question their ability to use reason and logic.
    That isn't the issue. The issue is - what are you going to do about it?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, he's wearing a different shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    That seems unfair, which violates their claim that Fox is Fair.

Big deal though. What are we really going to do about it?
    Write them. Call his offices. Write the FCC. Make it go viral. Bringing attention to it may cause them to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    the really scary part is that we catch this because we're so vigilant. Imagine what flows day after day unnoticed that is assumed to be accurate but is not.
    A war room has been discussed as to how to handle this when we're ready to start organizing a grassroots plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    A war room has been discussed as to how to handle this when we're ready to start organizing a grassroots plan.
    I support the idea of a war room!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    +1.

I haven't looked at all the videos yet, but this just showed up on my FB thread about this

They also show Gary Johnson in 4th when he actually got 3rd
    4 minutes ago · Like
    anyone else notice that?
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

That isn't the issue. The issue is - what are you going to do about it?
    It is at least a part of the issue that people will continue to watch Fox, even when they KNOW Fox is lying to them, hoping for some different result. It's pretty much the definition of insanity. Since 2007 I've been showing people the videos of Fox manipulating and distorting. It goes in one eye, and out their ear. People believe what they want to believe. It's why people watch cable news... not because they want to know what's REALLY going on, they want someone to slant things to their point of view, over and over again. It's like crack to some people.

They hear a few things they agree with, and, before you know it, they start to agree with the things they disagree with. At our meetups, we almost have to have deprogramming sessions from Fox news before we can even start the meeting.

But you are right, you have to keep putting action to the complaints.

I would be down for that.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonewah View Post
    It is at least a part of the issue that people will continue to watch Fox, even when they KNOW Fox is lying to them, hoping for some different result. It's pretty much the definition of insanity. Since 2007 I've been showing people the videos of Fox manipulating and distorting. It goes in one eye, and out their ear. People believe what they want to believe. It's why people watch cable news... not because they want to know what's REALLY going on, they want someone to slant things to their point of view, over and over again. It's like crack to some people.

They hear a few things they agree with, and, before you know it, they start to agree with the things they disagree with. At our meetups, we almost have to have deprogramming sessions from Fox news before we can even start the meeting.

But you are right, you have to keep putting action to the complaints.
    As I've stated before, media-led people are tough nuts to crack. We have our work cut out for us.

Here is the thread for the war room: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...68547-War-Room

Isn't there some religious group that petitions the FCC on a regular
    basis about TV shows that they find offensive to their children?
    Can't we do the same thing when Fox or any other network pulls
    this kind of $#@!?

Write them. Call his offices. Write the FCC. Make it go viral. Bringing attention to it may cause them to respond.
    i called fox news left my number and that i am a republican delegate and made my opinion known in the nicest fashion i could!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    i called fox news left my number and that i am a republican delegate and made my opinion known in the nicest fashion i could!!
    Bless your heart!

I'd +rep ya, but I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    any chance drudge would be willing to report fox's misrepresentation?
    ya really tell drudge

well after the results fux was calling CPAC "fringe"........and that it does not matter.......they may have the second part right!
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the guy running the clips found "Ron Paul wins CPAC" in his computer, and played it without realizing it was last year's, but I won't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Maybe the guy running the clips found "Ron Paul wins CPAC" in his computer, and played it without realizing it was last year's, but I won't give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Then they should correct their error by stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Homer View Post
    Who's good at putting viral videos together? Has Aravoth been around lately?
    Had to slap something together, its a little rushed but heres a vid i did

Busted:Fox News CPAC Ron Paul Video Deception

.....fox is cooked,
    Last edited by Dojo; 02-15-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast