Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: foreigner donations?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    Well, it's the American man not the Aussie man so what business is it of yours?
    Care to elaborate my son, or are you just a gutless wonder?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter20x View Post
    Yes. I'm sure.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...1---e000-.html

Electioneering communication is a radio or TV ad.

(1) Says what foreigners cannot do.
    (2) Says it's YOUR ass if you get caught helping them.

Not only is it illegal, it WILL reflect poorly on the campaign when it gets discovered. Look at all the negative media Hillary got with that one dude.
    So it seems as though foreigners can act the same way as non-profits and do issue advocacy, etc, but not direct endorsements.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you explain to me the way the Israel funds all the other candidates please?

Well, it's the American man not the Aussie man so what business is it of yours?
    Ahh, your a woman, that gives you special priveleges... No need to reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Man from La Mancha View Post
    Can you explain to me the way the Israel funds all the other candidates please?

AIPAC, JINSA, ADL, JDL, AJC are funded primarily through Israeli Americans, Jewish Americans (approx. 25%), and American gentiles, i.e., Christian Zionists, that promote Zionist ideology for Israel. Israelis cannot contribute to campaigns unless, they know Americans, give money to them directly or through an institute, and are "hush-hush" about it- I am sure this occurs quite often.

I hope you all realize that the aid we give Israel each year has to be spent here in the USA- I am sure some of it makes its way back to these organizations.

For safe keeping, just to let you know, the majority of American Jews do not support our current foreign policy in the middle east. So a lot of these organizations do not support the interests of most American Jews.

What about funding meetup groups that are waiting to be started, that haven't been paid for yet, can't see anything wrong with that, personally...
    Last edited by kimosabi; 10-23-2007 at 08:16 AM.
    Beat Vote Fraud - Video your Vote!!!

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come."

- Dr Ron Paul

"Don't Fight City Hall, when you can BE City Hall"

G. Edward Griffin

Energy Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Stanley Meyers

Health Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Dr Richard Schulze

Quote Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
    What about funding meetup groups that are waiting to be started, paid for, can't see anything wrong with that, personally.

Illegal.

Read what I wrote above.

Why do these threads seem to pop up every 2 weeks? Not only is such activity illegal, but it is not in keeping with Ron Paul's philosophy. He's against foreign intervention, and that includes influencing foreign elections. It really upsets me when I see Americans inviting foreigners to influence our own elections. It's so hypocritical. Permanent residents are allowed to donate like Americans but other than that it is illegal.
    Oh no!...I think i've just got the blood of a redcoat on my new linens...well I quit...

Quote Originally Posted by jacross View Post
    Yeah as an Australian I know not to donate money to the campaign and would never do so. I do have an American friend and i know he does, but not with my money.

I have however sold him a pillow full of love for $100 US dollars. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted with the money.
    This was a carefully worded statement. This is probably the best a foreigner could possibly do. However, there cannot be a statement saying money has to go to or could go to the campaign or grassroots effort. Any type of suggestion otherwise is illegal.

Just sell some special edition bumper stickers for $100 each.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can someone sell me a $2000 Ron Paul t-shirt???

- Dr Ron Paul

G. Edward Griffin

LOL!!!

Wanting to buy Ron Paul stuff and being a foreigner (if you are) on this site will probably not work to your advantage.

Your breaking me up!

Is it autographed by Ron?

Anything overvalued against the going market price especially anything that has Ron Paul on it, can be or most likely will be investigated by FEC and lead up to criminal prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    Anything overvalued against the going market price especially anything that has Ron Paul on it, can be or most likely will be investigated by FEC and lead up to criminal prosecution.

If it is signed I'll pay $20,000 because it will be a collectors item.

I'll buy the t-shirt from a Ron Paul supporter and what they do with the money is their business.

- Dr Ron Paul

G. Edward Griffin

If it is signed I'll pay $20,000 because it will be a collectors item.

I'll buy the t-shirt from a Ron Paul supporter and what they do with the money is their business.

And this is where I end my input...

Get that man a autographed Ron Paul T- shirt!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do these threads seem to pop up every 2 weeks? Not only is such activity illegal, but it is not in keeping with Ron Paul's philosophy. He's against foreign intervention, and that includes influencing foreign elections.
    Perhaps it's seen not as foreign intervention, but as a means to *stop* foreign intervention? To stop the USG from putting military bases on 150 *other* countries, and meddling in their affairs. To stop the USG from bombing/invading any more than the ~50 countries that have been bombed/invaded by the USG *since the end of WWII*. What rights do those people have? They're apparently not allowed to reject interventionism violently (Iraq). They're apparently not allowed to reject interventionism peacefully (by helping a non-interventionist win office). So just what *can* people being "intervened" against do? Bend over forwards, brace yourself, keep a stiff upper lip, and "think of Britain"?
    Last edited by lastnymleft; 11-03-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typos

Almost none of what has been described in this forum is legal... so, don't do it because of the risk to yourself and the campaign.

BUT... an independently established group could establish themselves and, with proper identification and notifications, run fairness ads. For example, a group might be called "Fair Debates for America" and run ads which encourage fairness in the debates. The ads could include the fact the legitimate candidates, such as Ron Paul, should be included by the MSM. These ads could run in important areas such as Iowa, New Hampshire, etc.

This type of group is allowed to take UNLIMITED funds from donors... including (unlimited) funds from outside the US. Check with your lawyer first!

We don't want something to cause a problem for the campaign... so, it might be better to call the group "Australians for Fair American Elections" and even have someone with an Australian accent do the voice overs... and make it clear from whence the message is coming.

Just my own random thoughts.

Go to Newer Thread

I am a paralegal, familiar with these issues, and have posted a legal solution on another thread.

Yours in Liberty

Jerry
    RonPaulMax.com
    Last edited by ashevillejerry; 11-22-2007 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Link to newer thread

Pray, try not to pour cold water on effervescent foreign nationals.

Many of us are not actually mesmerised by your country or your political system.
    It's just that we live in a shrinking global situation where we are just as detrimentally affected by the scourge of Big Biz corporations (many of which were spawned in the U.S.) as you are, and as are 'foreign nationals' from countries who are unable to speak for themselves, often because they have been compromised by foreign and fiscal policy born in the U.S.A.

You also have a president who talks about usable nuclear weapons and World War Three. So whether you like it or not, we are deeply concerned and deeply pissed off that decisions your voting public make will impact significantly on our 'foreign national' lives and the lives of our descendants.
    So kindly do not make snide remarks about people who wish to pour their energy into the campaign. I believe we have earned the right to do whatever we can to get the only credible presidential candidate who would not sell his grandmother for a song, into the White House!
    Or as we would put it in Antipodean language, pull your collective heads in (the ones who translate our input as meddling that is!)

It is obvious we cannot help financially. We just need to get creative, check things out with
    AshevilleJerry on the admirable RonPaulMax.com and work together.

Your Obedient Servant,

Raiha
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12