Thread: HotAir - Post-CPAC Straw Poll, or if at first you don't succeed...

HotAir - Post-CPAC Straw Poll, or if at first you don't succeed...

hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/14/lets-try-this-again-post-cpac-straw-poll-seriously-dont-acorn-it/

I can appreciate everyone’s interest in promoting their candidates. I am not, however, keen on folks trying to vote multiple times to throw the results. It’s very, very easy to figure out if certain candidate backers are trying to stuff the ballot box, 1.) through the source of the vote, 2.) the combination of candidates chosen, particularly at the top of the ticket, and 3.) the timestamp on those votes. When people violate the clearly stated rules, their votes are removed from the published totals.

To reiterate: It is not to your advantage to try and fail to get more than one vote through; in fact, it hurts your candidate. I want this to be a fairly representative poll, but as I’ve indicated, there have been some real consequences to the ACORN-ing major candidate backers out there. (Side note: Whose backers are trying to game this poll is revealing in its own way.)
    @@
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul isn't an option.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

vote for Johnson

I did. And then responded to this:

In that case I think I’ll vote for Ron Paul 20 times!

DarkCurrent on February 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

with...

Sorry! No can do. He’s not an option.

Americans: It’s the economy, stupid!

GOP: WAR!!!!!!!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

That is a google doc form. hahaha a person or persons could easily blow the doors off of it.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Ron isn't an option and I don't like Johnson.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I put Johnson / Paul and made sure to write a comment about not including Paul in the last part.

Of course not. Romney is supposed to be the winner right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    I put Johnson / Paul and made sure to write a comment about not including Paul in the last part.
    I did similarly.

Bump, folks need to go vote in this one, too!

Vote for Johnson and write-in Ron Paul for VP, and then complain at the end under comments for not including Ron.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Johnson for POTUS, write-in for VP Paul and the following comment:
    "Interesting that you do not include congressman Ron Paul as a choice for President or Vice President. No worries, I will still not pick one of your proffered Neo-Con scumbags as my choice. To now add Mr. 9/11 to the mix shows how few straws are left in your grasp. "

Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Live Free or Die View Post
    Johnson for POTUS, write-in for VP Paul and the following comment:
    "Interesting that you do not include congressman Ron Paul as a choice for President or Vice President. No worries, I will still not pick one of your proffered Neo-Con scumbags as my choice. To now add Mr. 9/11 to the mix shows how few straws are left in your grasp. "
    That is awesome!
    --Albert J. Nock

Here is my rant that I wrote in "Other Thoughts":
    (I don't really think it is that good, but I knew I should put something...)

This poll is inaccurate due to the non inclusion of many other possible presidential candidates, namely, Ron Paul, who was the winner of the 2010 and the 2011 CPAC straw polls, and should be on this post-CPAC straw poll. The fact that Paul isn't represented in this poll does not lend any more credence to it or hotair.com, nor does it increase the validity of the outcome. In addition, the fact that Paul is not included in either the "Preferred Presidential" or the "Preferred Vice-Presidential" is a clue that this poll was set up either specifically to not include him, or the creator of this poll pulled his name off the list on purpose due to the creator's own political bias. There is no question that Paul's name is off the list due to bias; likewise, the fact that his name is not on the list cannot be written off as an accident. Therefore, the results of this poll should not be taken into consideration due to clear bias in the polling process.
    Last edited by dntrpltt; 02-16-2011 at 05:56 PM.

if ron is not an option it is not a worthwhile poll! i am done voting for johnson on any level in polls!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 02-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    if ron is not an option it is not a worthwhile poll! i am done voting for johnson on any level in polls!!
    same here.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear