Thread: Get Internet Access When Your Government Shuts It Down

Thumbs up Get Internet Access When Your Government Shuts It Down

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People need to have portable ham radios because if they shut down the internet ham radios will be the best way to communicate.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

I don't think they can shut down the internet no matter how bad it gets. Not for an extended period of time anyhow. People would flip out. I'd be out of business. Millions would be out of work.

They dont care as long as they stay in power. They're watching Egypt to see if they can learn anything.

Considering everything going on right now, BUMP!

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    I don't think they can shut down the internet no matter how bad it gets. Not for an extended period of time anyhow. People would flip out. I'd be out of business. Millions would be out of work.
    Yes they can. It's about control. Not money or caring what citizens think.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not exactly sure what your intention is with this. But the Egyptian revolution didn't have anything to do with freedom. What we have seen come out of it in the aftermath is the EXACT intended result.
    I am the spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Net-Neuter-Ality" gives the government the ability to do a shutdown. In order to enforce, the government must have a means to monitor. So we end up with government devices inline with the ISP's. Much like they've already done with the phone companies in populous areas (thank you, Patriot Act)

I expect that once complete, they'll be able to devastate the internet by shutting down major ISP's, and "neutralizing" the net.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Actually there is something to be said for that.

When the Egyptian government shut down the web, what happened? Well everyone got off of their computer and went out side. If they had left the Internet on, people would've been less inclined to leave their house and go outside. Just sayin'....

Mesh WIFI networks will work too.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ZanZibar View Post
    Actually there is something to be said for that.

When the Egyptian government shut down the web, what happened? Well everyone got off of their computer and went out side. If they had left the Internet on, people would've been less inclined to leave their house and go outside. Just sayin'....
    Drop your mouse and pick up your rifle.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I'm hearing blackberry and outlook email is down. The ol' lady got a text on her blackberry saying it was until further notice, so BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Exactly.
    That should be taken as a "clue".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    yes. but that doesn't mean i'm gonna be headed out onto the streets.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

They have been making a alternative Internet for a long time.
    I think it is one they control.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you're in for a real shock.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    yes. but that doesn't mean i'm gonna be headed out onto the streets.
    would you be headed for the hills?lol