Thread: Idea! Need input

Idea! Need input

I've been a Ron Paul supporter since I heard about him in 2005, and I campaigned for him heavily in 2007. I was first drawn in by his commitment to peace and non-intervention. I consider him an idol and a personal hero. I know that America and the rest of the world would be a safer place if he were president.

I'm 24 now, and I've been working and going to college off and on for six years. Just last semester I earned my A.A. degree in General studies. Yeah, it's been very tough on me and I've had to struggle my way the whole time. The military has always been an attractive option that I've very seriously considered. However, I'm so opposed to our Middle East occupation and our endless empire that I have never went through with it.

I think that part of the reason that our military struggles to meet recruiting goals is because of our foreign policy. Many people are ready and willing to defend their homeland; few are ready and willing to fight and die for empire. If we get a true leader in office who pledges to America and the world that we will bring all of our troops home from all foreign countries, I think the military wouldn't have any problem driving recruitment.

I have everything the military wants in a soldier- I'm young, strong, healthy, intelligent, love guns, and I love my country. So here's my idea- if Ron Paul or any other candidate for president who espouses a strict non-interventionist foreign policy wins office, I will pledge to join the service. I want this to be made known and see if anyone else feels the same way I do. I would be very interested in starting a website to see how people respond.

(It's like a money bomb, except for soldiers...)

Thanks for reading, give me some feedback!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've had this conversation with my friends, and I ultimately came to the same conclusion. Although, I'd have some reservations unless we had a non-interventionist VP, too.
    tu ne cede malis

If Ron Paul becomes President he will be drastically downsizing the armed forces, so there would be very little openings to join. I'd say this is a no-go. Luckily a lot of the new people at my unit are Pro-Paulers (they are mostly 20 to 21 y/o). It's amazing and one is actually an anarcho-capitalist!

I know at least four to five guys that will definitely vote for Paul, so it appears my preaching *ahem* educating is having some effect
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Same here. Would not join because I couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing I had a part in our nations game of command and conquer across the globe. Would gladly sign up to protect our soil.

I got out of the military just in time. I already smelled a heavy stench of bull$#@! all over the place right before too. Their biggest thing was to teach people to act like sociopaths.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Same here. Would not join because I couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing I had a part in our nations game of command and conquer across the globe. Would gladly sign up to protect our soil.
    But I think the whole point is that if he wins, you won't be going to war and there will be no game of command and conquer?

I am currently in the military, and while I admire the sentiment behind your idea, it won't work.

The fact is, military recruiting is not struggling. They have been meeting and exceeding their goals for a while now. I know my branch, for example, is actually doing force-shaping (where they reduce the number of active duty personnel in various ways).
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a good idea. Reminds me of Oathkeepers: http://oathkeepers.org
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Are you willing to kill your fellow Americans? Because that is what the military may resort to if our economy collapses and there are riots and protests. We ain't Egypt and Americans are armed to the teeth. The Hopi Indians prophesied that the American government would one day slaughter millions of its own citizens. Every prophecy of the Hopis has come true. My grandpa was a decorated Marine and he said that a person is in the military for one thing, and one thing only: to kill your fellow man.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Do you have a legitimate source for all the Hopi prophesies that have come true?
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by realtonygoodwin View Post
    Do you have a legitimate source for all the Hopi prophesies that have come true?
    Daniel Pinchbeck lived with the Hopis for about a year. He makes the claim about Hopi prophecy and tells his story in the book "2012: The Return of Quetzacoatl".

http://www.2012thebook.com/
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

To the comments about how "soldiers murder" and soldiers only kill fellow man, that doesn't describe the soldiers that I know who are my friends and family. They are decent individuals. But yes, I understand that a few soldiers are little more than trained killers, but I'm quite sure they represent a minority.

If you want to talk about generals and other high level powerful and secretive military officials, that's quite a different subject.

Anyways, I wonder if "President Paul", on top of eliminating Selective Service and bringing ALL soldiers home from overseas, would cap the size of our active duty military. If that's the case, then my idea would fizzle. I also wonder if the monetary incentives to join the military would change under the new policy.