Thread: Panel speaker: I can't wait for the blowback to come

Panel speaker: I can't wait for the blowback to come

An audience member asked the panel what they thought about the CIA term 'blowback.' The first panelist danced around the question but ultimately concluded "I can't wait for the blowback to come." -- Clearly these folks have no idea what they're taking about. This guy doesn't realize he just called for another 9/11. I can't wait for the Tube.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    An audience member asked the panel what they thought about the CIA term 'blowback.' The first panelist danced around the question but ultimately concluded "I can't wait for the blowback to come." -- Clearly these folks have no idea what they're taking about. This guy doesn't realize he just called for another 9/11. I can't wait for the Tube.
    What was the topic the panel was there to talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

About Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The War in Afghanistan, and the discussion ended with how we should be building an Afghan army so we don't have to stay there.

The War in Afghanistan, and the discussion ended with how we should be building an Afghan army so we don't have to stay there.

Didn't we already do that back in the 80's? lol

Who exactly is going to pay for this army? The Government of Afghanistan? Of course not, they are incapable. It is a sham. A farce. A complete and total theft from the people to large military corporations like Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, etc.

PS: Oh yeah, we've been down this road before -- the 1980s. What did we get for that? 9/11. I swear these people must do this on purpose.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Training freedom fighters never came back to bite us in the ass.... no, of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    I swear these people must do this on purpose.
    Remember Hanlon's Razor, my friend: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The video of this question will be coming out shortly.
    -
    Viva La Revolucion

lol yeah this was a facepalm moment

I was reminded of McCain's debate answer. And this guy was on a foreign policy panel... do we REALLY want people advising us without basic knowledge? :O

Here is the Video!! Spread it around!!!

Thank you, Scott! Someone has to get this to LRC! Lew will LOVE it.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I remember this moment and it was obvious 5 seconds into the response that this moron had no damn clue what "blowback" even meant even though the man who asked the question kind of defined it while giving his question. A lot of us from the forums were sitting together and we all just kind of looked at each other and mouthed "wtf?"
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

ha i love that..."thats not the blow back effect" "oh im sorry we are out of time"
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

So head honchos at the COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS do not understand the concept of blowback...awesome...great...makes me feel really good about the next 20 years here (sarc)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +1
    Thanks for the video! I hope Lew Rockwell picks this up, and I'd also be interested to hear Michael Scheuer's take on this.

Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottj88 View Post
    Here is the Video!! Spread it around!!!

Please feel free to spread this, I don't know the contact information for these great sources that may be curious to see this. This is a personal video shot by me recording my friend asking it... trying to get it out there, but need a little help. Do you know specific email addresses I could/you could send it to sources who may want use this?

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I thought that, overall, the panel did a good job. Yeah, the first guy danced around the blowback question but I got the impression he was a Michael Scheuer type- get the job done with full force or get out. As an ex policy debater, I loved how the Cato guy was such a policy wonk that he wanted the crowd to stop talking so he could make his case. And the CSIS guy just gave such great numbers to take a step back and look at the war with a realistic lense- I got the impression he was tired of people who acted like we could win but also acted like pulling out would solve all of our problems.

For that matter, I thought the China panel was pretty good too. I got to ask a question (about human rights and Mubarak) of Rohrabacher and I thought that Mallory Factor had an AMAZING speech.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Oh my, Bing West is an idiot, and they ended it right there! This deserves major media attention. I hope CNN and MSNBC get a hold of this, it will force them to discuss the real reason 9/11 and terrorist attacks occur, "It's Blowback Stupid". Bing West must have been so full of himself, he was thinking USA USA USA the whole time the question was being asked. For gosh sakes Bing West is the "former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs during the Reagan Administration".

Here's the biggest shocker (Not really... haha) Bing West is currently president of the GAMA Corporation, which designs wargames and combat decision-making simulations.

If the MSM doesn't discuss this matter, it only proves the point that their in bed with with the warmongers!

The CPAC website full video is htxp://video.cpac.org/video/show/how-to-think-about-afghanistan-2011

The question occurs at 31:35
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 02-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Emailed Infowars and Lew Rockwell. Anyone else you think interested in this?

This would also be a perfect opportunity for Ron Paul to call out Bing West, and assign a reading assignment, on the subject of blowback. Before he designs another wargame, that cost american and Afghanistani lives.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

http://thehardrightedge.com/blowback/

I made a detailed post about the situation and took the chance to inform about blowback and plug Ron Paul.
    -
    Please spread around if you feel it is worthwhile,
    -
    Scott J

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    USA! USA! USA!

...dumbasses

I loved the question, but he danced around it like mad.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

This was hilarious.

The CATO guy was awesome, might I add. The two old Romneyite ladies sitting next to me were dumbfounded after hearing his argument.

Yea. Old Bing apparently has his head stuffed so far up his ass he can smell his tonsils.
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt