Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Quote Originally Posted by driller80545 View Post
    I am old and don't have time to wait 20 years for something good to change.
    Same here ... I'm getting antsy.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Polite and hushed work well in Egypt right?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Polite and hushed work well in Egypt right?
    The different contexts are important.

If you want to emulate what happened in Egypt, go ahead. I can't say I blame you. Just, please, don't pretend that in doing so you are in any way acting as a Ron Paul supporter. Maybe we will need to give up on working within our political system and support something more overtly revolutionary at some point. But we can't mix both of those things together. It's one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Sorry for prejudging you. I shouldn't have said that. But you're definitely wrong about that stuff not working. There's not some easy way to do this. It takes about one man-hour of work to win over a single vote. We can't just dabble with that without putting forth the required time and effort and then say it doesn't work. And we can't try to come up with some contrarian trick to win this campaign on the TV by doing anything and everything to call attention to ourselves no matter how negative it is. If we want to do something to shape the TV narrative in a positive way, we have to do it the hard way from the grassroots up. There's no other option.

We are on the same side here. I apologize for forgetting that momentarily!

I am a little perplexed by this. Why are we so mad about these "ron paul kids" and not mentioning a word about the evil's of Rumsfeld and Cheney? It seems to me that every thing said to them was absolutely justified. When you are dealing with the evils perpetrated by Rumsfeld and Cheny, to me, the standards for politeness can be considerably relaxed. But then again, I can't stand political correctness and would not have been upset in the least if I went to CPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    I am a little perplexed by this. Why are we so mad about these "ron paul kids" and not mentioning a word about the evil's of Rumsfeld and Cheney?
    I'm perplexed too. Where did you get the bit about anybody here wanting us not to mention a word about the evils of Rumsfeld and Cheney?

I keep thinking about what Ron has said over and over about civil disobedience and liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's tiring to see people compare this meaningless, idiotic behavior to something revolutionary. It's not. It's not becoming a minute man during the revolutionary war to fight for independence. It's not a mass protest for civil rights. It's a small group of people booing and yelling things that make the others in the room roll their eyes.
    That's the point.

Everybody's getting the vapors and calling for the smelling salts over a little well deserved heckling of two totally wicked characters.

When the time does come to stand up to the fire hoses and battle tanks, (and make no mistake, that day is coming) my god, I can only imagine the weeping and moaning and gnashing of teeth about how "irresponsibly" everyone is acting and won't you all "please go home and settle down".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's the point.

Everybody's getting the vapors and calling for the smelling salts over a little well deserved heckling of two totally wicked characters.

When the time does come to stand up to the fire hoses and battle tanks, (and make no mistake, that day is coming) my god, I can only imagine the weeping and moaning and gnashing of teeth about how "irresponsibly" everyone is acting and won't you all "please go home and settle down".
    A lot of people worked very hard to present a charming impression of support for our candidates amongst conservatives.

Do you think the hecklers helped that goal?

Because the conservative blogs I've seen on it are panning the behavior and saying Trump is right.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    A lot of people worked very hard to present a charming impression of support for our candidates amongst conservatives.

Do you think the hecklers helped that goal?

Because the conservative blogs I've seen on it are panning the behavior and saying Trump is right.
    Probably not.

Let me ask you a question: Do you honestly think you'd ever get a "conservative" who thinks Trump is right, to support Ron Paul?

ETA - Not that it matter one way or the other. Ask a 1000 people in the street what they thought of CPAC 2011 and 999 will say "wut?"
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-11-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Hey, are we all in the Marriott Ballroom yet ?? Woot Woot !!! Ron Paul 2012 !!!
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

anybody here that would've boo'd at Obama's Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony? Paul Krugman's Nobel Prize for Economics?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    anybody here that would've boo'd at Obama's Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony? Paul Krugman's Nobel Prize for Economics?
    Yes definitely
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Probably not.

Let me ask you a question: Do you honestly think you'd ever get a "conservative" who thinks Trump is right, to support Ron Paul?

ETA - Not that it matter one way or the other. Ask a 1000 people in the street what they thought of CPAC 2011 and 999 will say "wut?"
    I think there was more openness to hearing him and this let people slam the door on him. I think people who read those blogs were openminded, yes.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Yeah, sure.

I'll concede your point that CPAC is filled with people that would be necessary to win a GOP primary.

I'll let it be about how beneficial that would be in the long term, if even possible to achieve. A Cheney supporting war hawk neo-con I think will never "see the light".

And repeat once again, that's it's probably, no, definitely, a good thing I don't normally show up for stuff like this.
    Antifederalist,

You have made some great points during this discussion and I agree with you and feel exactly the same way about what the political system has become and how it is literally destroying our country. I am glad to see that you've come around to Gaius's points because while we are trying to win over everyone that we can to supporting Ron Paul and the freedom message, we first need to win the Republican primary. Being that the Tea Party movement was born right here in these forums we need to reach out to them and work our way out. I am working on ways to reach conservative Christians, another large voting block we really need to come to our side. The actions of our friends at CPAC certainly didn't help me in that regard.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events
    No. It makes me proud that they are not afraid to use civil disobedience for a good cause.

America needs more people who won't sit down, shut up, and take it. Timid, finger-wagging bluenoses are the problem, not the solution.
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

I would have liked to bring some water balloons filled with red paint to both of their ceremonies:

*Splat!*
    "You're a WAR CRIMINAL"
    *Lulz*
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    No. It makes me proud that they are not afraid to use civil disobedience for a good cause.

America needs more people who won't sit down, shut up, and take it. Timid, finger-wagging bluenoses are the problem, not the solution.
    Are you sure you're a Ron Paul supporter?? Ron asked that people be civil. Do you understand what the word civil means??

I did a little bit of booing and shouting out myself. I shouted "hypocrite" and "you're only delaying the inevitable" when Sen. Hackett was called out.
    Last edited by Vessol; 02-15-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

It's probably a good thing I don't show up to such events.
    Aye.

LoL at anarchist...sheesh.
    Now that was funny... AF inferred to be an anarchist roflol...

These neoconservatives don't like Ron Paul but as far as it's known: they haven't heckled Ron Paul.
    You can't possibly be serious with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    The lot of you get all dreamy reminiscing how in the 1700s tax collectors were tarred and feathered, today you hiss and boo at people who hiss and boo at war criminals.
    Aye, they sure do get all dreamy...

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    The people that are rude are probably indeed those who have given up on politics and I sometimes wonder if they are actively working to make sure their prophecies are fulfilled.
    I find it hard to believe many (if any) of the anarchists on this forum were in attendance. Were there any RonPaulForums anarchists there? That remark is likely baseless and in need of retraction.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The different contexts are important.
    I agree completely on context. One context achieved stated goals. One context never achieves any stated goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    I find it hard to believe many (if any) of the anarchists on this forum were in attendance. Were there any RonPaulForums anarchists there? That remark is likely baseless and in need of retraction.
    I was there and I've made it fairly clear that I'm an anarchist on these boards for awhile. Going to CPAC and promoting Ron Paul and his ideas I see as a way to bring real liberty to the eyes of the people. I feel that the more people know and understand Ron Paul's message, the more likely they are to oppose the current massive government or even the State in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    The people that are rude are probably indeed those who have given up on politics and I sometimes wonder if they are actively working to make sure their prophecies are fulfilled.
    Do you honestly think that people traveled to Washington DC and spent all that money on various expenses, just so they can "work against Ron Paul" by being rude?
    Last edited by Vessol; 02-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I was there and I've made it fairly clear that I'm an anarchist on these boards for awhile. Going to CPAC and promoting Ron Paul and his ideas I see as a way to bring real liberty to the eyes of the people. I feel that the more people know and understand Ron Paul's message, the more likely they are to oppose the current massive government or even the State in general.
    I stand corrected. One unruly RonPaulForums anarchist shouting "hypocrite" was in attendance. That settles it then, anarchists are the problem because we are like Jedi, they don't know what to do with just one of us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345