Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Thumbs up Lew Rockwell - Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Ron Paul Kids Do Us Proud

Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 10, 2011 06:08 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/78008.html

At the CPAC meeting, when everyone was supposed to salute blood-drenched authoritarians Cheney and Rumsfeld, the Ron Paul libertarians refused, and walked out. One young man asked, “Where’s bin Laden?” The red-state fascist contingent chanted, as usual, “USA! USA!” by which they mean, “Federal Government! Federal Government!” Notice that the liberal Deomocratic website TPM is bugged by the opposition to Cheney-Rumsfeld. In the Beltway, forget pretend splits: they all love the State. Except the Ron Paulians, that is.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So Lew Rockwell is basically applauding Ron Paul supporters for not respecting Ron Paul's personal request for them to keep their act professional and respectable. I'm not surprised. Rockwell is an abrasive and distasteful guy; no wonder other libertarian organizations distance themselves from him.
    Last edited by Gaius1981; 02-10-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Fukit, they should have made a citizens arrest!

Lew Rockwell doesn't vote.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

haha...lew always has a way of brightening my day.

Lew Rockwell needs to shut up. Ron Paul requested that people be respectful and here's Lew cheering on their chicken $#@! behavior.

What a joke. It'd be better to lose the straw poll than have people there under Ron Paul's banner who can't behave like adults.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 02-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    Lew Rockwell needs to shut up. Ron Paul requested that people be respectful and here's Lew cheering on their chicken $#@! behavior.
    This ^^^
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Punk kids and they hurt Ron Paul and his message.

I am sorry, but I have no respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. The very idea makes me sick. Being quiet will not get these peoples approval. They will never approve unless Ron promises them a multi billion dollar military contract or something. Then he will be a great guy. Are you willing to go that far?

Quote Originally Posted by driller80545 View Post
    I am sorry, but I have no respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. The very idea makes me sick. Being quiet will not get these peoples approval. They will never approve unless Ron promises them a multi billion dollar military contract or something. Then he will be a great guy. Are you willing to go that far?
    Straw man. We just want people to be polite so the people there who are not yet convinced by Ron will at least be willing to listen to him rather than be so turned off they refuse to have anything to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    What a joke. It'd be better to lose the straw poll than have people there under Ron Paul's banner who can't behave like adults.
    Many of them aren't adults. But Ron's got the huge advantage of the youth, and with all that passion and energy, you take the good with the bad.

Forget the media and their meme...Paulians are a force to be reckoned with, and if these neocons and envious liberals want to whine and cry about a few hecklers, let em.

It's not so much about getting their approval, as it is about not completely repulsing them by acting like Code Pink. Many of the people in attendance are Tea Partiers that might be persuaded to vote in favor of Ron Paul, as long as he seems like a respectable and credible candidate. Many will judge him by the actions of his supporters.

Fukit, they should have made a citizens arrest!
    +1
    Im too old to take advice and much too young to give it, so let me live my life as I see fit.

Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events, and that only Ron Paul felt compelled to send out a letter asking supporters to mind their manners?

Did Mitt Romney need to tell his supporters not to act like fools? Why not?

Don't you find it the least bit pitiful/embarrassing that apparently only Ron Paul supporters act like this at these events, and that only Ron Paul felt compelled to send out a letter asking supporters to mind their manners?

But they are fools - they support Mitt Romney!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No.

I'm a grown man, with a lot to lose.

I wish I had been there.

I'd have been proud to stand with them.

And I stayed out of this entire argument so as not to appear as "egging on" while not even being there.

I'll NEVER be embarrassed to stand next to a passionate lover of freedom, EVER.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-10-2011 at 08:20 PM.

mitten's jingoist don't need to act like fools, the msm does that for them.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius1981 View Post
    So Lew Rockwell is basically applauding Ron Paul supporters for not respecting Ron Paul's personal request for them to keep their act professional and respectable. I'm not surprised. Rockwell is an abrasive and distasteful guy; no wonder other libertarian organizations distance themselves from him.
    I refrained from posting about the Rumsfeld protests before it happened. Now I'll say what I think. Ron Paul covered himself a little by advising against the protest. That's fine. And so is the protest imo. The neocons paint us as weak. Fighting them shows that we are not afraid of them. It is time to declare this election a War on Neoconism.

Ron Paul we all hope becomes president because he believes in freedom. Freedom is essential because consolidation of power is a weakness. It is very possible imo that this action of individuals will prove to be a large net bonus for us in the end.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

Because they LOVES them some Cheney and Rumsfield!

I know what you mean, but the comparison isn't exactly there....

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    I refrained from posting about the Rumsfeld protests before it happened. Now I'll say what I think. Ron Paul covered himself a little by advising against the protest. That's fine. And so is the protest imo. The neocons paint us as weak. Fighting them shows that we are not afraid of them. It is time to declare this election a War on Neoconism.

Ron Paul we all hope becomes president because he believes in freedom. Freedom is essential because consolidation of power is a weakness. It is very possible imo that this action of individuals will prove to be a large net bonus for us in the end.
    true neocons are very very few. WE WERE BEATING THEM and hopefully still will. They need the others on their side, and now are the 'injured party.' Whatever. I'm going to stay off the threads because there is nothing we can do at this point, anyhow, and I do think it was intentional, the way the speakers were stacked. I mean, come on!

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    The only chicken $#@! behavior, is when the so-called "libertarians" sat on their hands or applauded those war-criminals in order to be polite.
    Last edited by Justinjj1; 02-10-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Props to all the people who made a statement when Rummy received a Defender of the Constitution award. And for all those that didn't like it, you gotta take the good and the bad when it comes to freedom. Not everyone can sit idle as they get metaphorically slapped in the face. Kudos to you guys though.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjj1 View Post
    The only chicken $#@! behavior is, the so-called "libertarians" who sat on their hands or applauded those war-criminals in order to be polite.
    That would be none. They all left before he came in. THAT was also reported by the press, and that we have no problem with.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judging by many of the posts here, the Ron Paul movement would be well advised to arrange educational events on public relations and professional campaigning in general. Some basic things that are self-evident to most adults, seem to be hard to comprehend by many here. Yelling out "Ron Paul" while acting like a brat only serves to ruin his "brand," so to speak. Especially when it takes place at a high-profile event that's watched by most of the people whose vote you'll need in the primaries. Having some basic dignity goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No.

I'm a grown man, with a lot to lose.

I wish I had been there.

I'd have been proud to stand with them.

And I stayed out of this entire argument so as not to appear as "egging on" while not even being there.

I'll NEVER be embarrassed to stand next to a passionate lover of freedom, EVER.
    Thank you AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    Many of them aren't adults. But Ron's got the huge advantage of the youth, and with all that passion and energy, you take the good with the bad.

Forget the media and their meme...Paulians are a force to be reckoned with, and if these neocons and envious liberals want to whine and cry about a few hecklers, let em.

Well there you have it. The one's who are acting like children and not respecting the wishes of Ron Paul...are children

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius1981 View Post
    Judging by many of the posts here, the Ron Paul movement would be well advised to arrange educational events on public relations and professional campaigning in general. Some basic things that are self-evident to most adults, seem to be hard to comprehend by many here. Yelling out "Ron Paul" while acting like a brat only serves to ruin his "brand," so to speak. Especially when it takes place at a high-profile event that's watched by most of the people whose vote you'll need in the primaries. Having some basic dignity goes a long way.
    You'll notice that some of those who were interviewed after speaking up were members of IAVAW. Im sorry but those two are directly responsible for the brothers we lost. So when you have a family member who has been killed and the person who was responsible for it is getting an award Ill be the first one standing there telling you that you have to be polite and respect him.

Here's a visual representation of a a Ron Paul supporter and Donald Rumsfeld at CPAC, only with more love. The basic appearance and demeanor is the same.

I don't see any reason we should feel obligated to go along with the narrative that the rude people were Ron Paul supporters.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast