Thread: Legalize Industrial Hemp

Legalize Industrial Hemp

Some of the most environmentally friendly products on earth come from hemp.

Isn't it about time that we create some green jobs and stop paying farmers to not grow crops?
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will RP and Elmer Fudd reintroduce the bill they had last congress to legalize hemp?

That's pretty cool, but I like to emphasize when discussing the different uses for hemp why it takes less resources, water, fertiliser, etc, than other methods, so all these things would be cheaper in a free market.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If only the bill had made it to the floor but, I think it was canned this video is from 2007

There is too much good stuff about industrial hemp to include everything. Hemp is excellent against soil erosion, it does not need herbicide or insecticide to stave off predators, it works great when mixed with concrete to strengthen it, as well as, insulate it. As a car body material, fender benders would be a thing of the past. The "plastic" products produced from hemp are biodegradable. It just goes on and on. It is a gift to mankind. It is time for a peaceful revolution.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Industrial Hemp is Legal in Canada

Brother Jonathan

Great vids! Why have we been so stupid?

Brother Jonathan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post
    Great vids! Why have we been so stupid?
    Because industrial hemp competes with petroleum.

"Competition is a sin" - John D. Rockefeller

Brother Jonathan

Would love to see it,,, but have little hope of it.

but then I would like to own a gun.

About an equal chance or either.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Because industrial hemp competes with petroleum.

"Competition is a sin" - John D. Rockefeller
    Isn't there a way oil cartels could use government to get a monopoly on the industrial hemp industry? I'm surprised that hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Isn't there a way oil cartels could use government to get a monopoly on the industrial hemp industry? I'm surprised that hasn't happened.
    I'm sure they would try. They are working hard to monopolize farming, but it is tough because 8,000 to 10,000+ acre farms are cumbersome and difficult to manage. Plus the risk of loss in any given year is huge.

Brother Jonathan

I just learned a month or so ago that North Dakota has legalized industrial hemp production. You have to get a handful of permits and inspections, but I guess some people are doing it. I'd really like to see that spread, though the ATF still considers hemp and marijuana the same because they can detect a couple nanograms of cannabinoids in hemp
    Last edited by youngbuck; 02-10-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    I just learned a month or so ago that North Dakota has legalized industrial hemp production. You have to get a handful of permits and inspections, but I guess some people are doing it. I'd really like to see that spread, though the ATF still considers hemp and marijuana the same because they can detect a couple nanograms of cannabinoids in hemp
    I was not aware of that... that is good news!

Brother Jonathan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Brother Jonathan