Thread: I am going to the C4L reception with Ron Paul/What should I ask him?

I am going to the C4L reception with Ron Paul/What should I ask him?

I am going to the Ron Paul and Rand Paul reception, What should I ask them? I am looking for good questions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wink

Ask him if he can get his son Rand to get the book I loaned to him back to me?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

when/where is this reception again?

Yeah I'm going to it also, so I'll probably see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by New York For Paul View Post
    I am going to the Ron Paul and Rand Paul reception, What should I ask them? I am looking for good questions.
    Did Ron spank Rand growing up?

:collins::collins:

Ask him to do a shout out for Lebanon City Pennsylvania !! Ron Paul 2012 !!!
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post

Argh.....

What IS it with you and spanking?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBuddha2010 View Post

Actually, in fact, he didn't. Not $#@!ting you here, an article quotes Mrs Paul as stating exactly that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/us.../06paul.html?_

“Behave yourself and be polite” is how Representative Ron Paul describes his regulatory philosophy about rearing five children. Mr. Paul, a Republican, and his wife of 53 years, Carol, never believed in assigned chores or mandates.
    What, and they didn't become spoiled lazy brats? That certainly is a shocker to the typical ignorant world view of your average parent! The Paul kids were allowed autonomy and their "original sin" didn't determine them to become bad people? Surely the Pauls must be lying, they must have reigned over their kids with an iron fist and physically abused them, how else could they have grown up to be good people? It simply does not make sense to the "conventional wisdom" (read unexamined ignorance) on parenting.

He decided to go into politics despite his lineage as much as because of it, family members said. “Ron believes that you are not supposed to initiate force on anyone else,” Mrs. Paul said. Her husband promoted self-reliance in his children, and their choices and views flowed from that, she said.
    The father was insistent about allowing his children as much autonomy as possible and he believed, for instance, that economic subsidies (like allowances) could foster dependence. He discouraged Rand or any of his siblings from accepting financial aid to attend college, nor would he accept Medicare or Medicare payments from patients, calling it “stolen money” in a 1996 interview with The Austin American-Statesman. (Rand Paul, however, was criticized recently for opposing cuts to Medicare physician payments.)
    What a shocker, applying libertarian values to parenting! How could he?!!

As a member of Congress, Mr. Paul spent most of his time in Washington and, upon returning to Texas, often crisscrossed his sprawling district to attend political events. At home, his children recall, he prized the solitude of his lawnmower. Mrs. Paul was a stay-at-home mom, longtime Girl Scout troop leader and self-described “busybody” who prided herself on knowing exactly what everyone was doing. If one of the children misbehaved, her husband did not spank or yell. Instead, he sometimes gave them written assignments, Mrs. Paul said, explaining, “He believed in exercising the brain.”
    NOOOO! Ron you are doing it wrong!!! Don't you know that, according to AquaBuddha and the ignorant lazy parenting of yesteryear, that the non-aggression principle does not apply to kids? Why would it apply to people who are smaller and younger than yourself, who are extremely susceptible to being warped psychologically by abuse. Why not hit those whom you brought in to the world, those who are helplessly dependent on you? Kids who act up only because of your lack of guidance, tyrannical control, moral hypocrisy, etc?

Ron Paul: bad parent, didn't hit his kids, applied libertarianism too consistently to his parenting.

----

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway

Argh.....

What IS it with you and spanking?
    He is just chapped myself and others called him out on his moral hypocrisy, on his support for hitting kids. Perhaps he is a little defensive about it because he is unwilling to admit that his parents abused him, or that he abused his kids.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 02-09-2011 at 11:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did he kick Borat's ass after the cameras cut out?

Ask him about Robert Paul (his other son) for Congress in Texas 2012, we'd LOVE to draft him.

The answer to this would be VERY interesting.
    Last edited by Bergie Bergeron; 02-09-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Ask him about his PCC dream team. Who would they be.

Hint that Mindy Finn would be a fantastic catch - she likes his positions and is really, really GOOD!

How would you attract Democrat voters for 2012 and will you spend more time in your 2012 campaign elaborating the transition period you speak of for the government that we desire, so that voters will have a plan of where we've been, where we are, and where we're going? In 2008 most people brushed you off as too radical, because you didn't focus on the transition period. How would you emphasize this period for the 2012 campaign. With your gaining Progressive, Independent coalition, if you do not receive the overwhelming support of the Republican party as in 2008, would you consider running as a third party candidate and awaken other political parties as you did for the Republican party in 2008?

I'm sure there's 1 good, solid question that can summarize that up. I'm going to have to give it some more time. I just wanted to throw it out there and see if it's anything you can work with.

How

Ask him this:

For decades you have stood fearlessly for liberty. Unwaivering in the face of ridicule and ignorance. Often alone among your collegues. Watching as your country and the Constituion were trashed. Never giving up. Never compromising. Always remaining a gentleman even towards the worst enemies of everything you hold dear. How do you do it?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton