Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Question about the Tea Party movement

  1. #1

    Question about the Tea Party movement

    I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP. People knew that if the republicans, that helped destroy the economy during the Bush years, returned to DC, that there would be no change. I think we all knew they republicans would regain the majority someday soon. But didn't want to see the same big spending, big regulating republicans.

    After all, if the republicans had done a half way decent job from 2001 to 2007, there would have been no need for a more conservative movement.

    Am I right about this?

    Request. Please keep the focus of this thread on the republican party. I think we all know the disfunction of the democrat party.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdman2luv View Post
    I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP. People knew that if the republicans, that helped destroy the economy during the Bush years, returned to DC, that there would be no change. I think we all knew they republicans would regain the majority someday soon. But didn't want to see the same big spending, big regulating republicans.

    After all, if the republicans had done a half way decent job from 2001 to 2007, there would have been no need for a more conservative movement.

    Am I right about this?

    Request. Please keep the focus of this thread on the republican party. I think we all know the disfunction of the democrat party.
    That sounds about right.

  4. #3
    Ron Paul grass roots co-opted truther Tea Parties.
    Republicans co-opted Ron Paul grass roots Tea Parties.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdman2luv View Post
    I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP.
    That is incorrect. The Tea Party movement was revived to restore and promote the Constitution. Both political parties were violating the Constitution.
    ----

    Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

  6. #5
    It doesn't matter so much why it was started.
    It currently exists in order to promote the faux conservative platform, which is state intervention abroad.
    We can have the federal government meddle abroad or meddle at home, but we can't do both.
    So it's pretty much just about reversing GWB's novel idea of using the meddling abroad as justification for meddling at home.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    Ron Paul grass roots co-opted truther Tea Parties.
    Republicans co-opted Ron Paul grass roots Tea Parties.
    That.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It doesn't matter so much why it was started.
    I think it matters a lot. Because what we all ended up with, was a bunch of neocons masquerading as tea party supporters. (IE Glenn Beck, Rick Perry and Sarah Palin). And what we acheived was allowing the populous to believe that there wasn't much difference between the tea party movement and the republican party. We all know there is a huge difference. But "WE", the few who were part of the first grassroots Ron Paul revolution, weren't enough to sway the votes towards actual tea party candidates.


    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It currently exists in order to promote the faux conservative platform, which is state intervention abroad.
    We can have the federal government meddle abroad or meddle at home, but we can't do both.
    So it's pretty much just about reversing GWB's novel idea of using the meddling abroad as justification for meddling at home.
    Personally, I don't believe the government should be medlling abroad or at home.. This leads to too much government control.. Not to mention the price tag of all this intervention..

    Being a truck driver, I'm under even more regulations and scrutiny, just because of things like the Patriot Act. In which most tea party supporters understand just how unconstitutional it. Not to mention, things like the CSA 2010, that logs every violation I'm awarded with for up to 3 years. And give me and the company I drive for, points that could reflect bad on me and the company. Even if the violation was uncontrollable.. Like blowing a tire or a light burned out.

    This is one reason I'm not a republican anymore. Because they support things like this. And several of the tea party supporting neocons that got elected, don't care about the freedoms, liberties and rights of American conservatives, as long as they get elected.

    Sorry for the rant. I'm doing my taxes right now, and I'm looking at all the miles I could have driven if it we'ren't for the regulations that surpress my wages. Things like the log book, that says I can only drive 11 hours a day. And am forced to shut down, even if I'm wide awake.

  9. #8
    The Tea Party event was held to kickoff the rEVOLution. What we have now would be more like if the British decided to infiltrate the rebels and started having tea parties in Boston harbor all the time to placate the rebellion. Time to move on to the rEVOLution.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    The modern day Tea Party movement was started here:

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ent-came-to-be
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    The modern day Tea Party movement was started here:

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ent-came-to-be
    This

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    The modern day Tea Party movement was started here:

    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ent-came-to-be
    Thank you sooo much.. I had known that Ron Paul supporters were responsible.. But I've never been able to prove it to the neocons. The date on this is very helpfull. Thank you again.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    That is incorrect. The Tea Party movement was revived to restore and promote the Constitution. Both political parties were violating the Constitution.
    +rep
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 02:52 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 05:50 AM
  5. MEDIA: The Tea Party Movement Is Not The Ron Paul Movement
    By Matt Collins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •