Thread: GA Rep. Bobby Franklin Causing Controversy Again

GA Rep. Bobby Franklin Causing Controversy Again

This is the same state rep. who introduced the legal tender bill and the bill to abolish drivers licenses.

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com...ers-to-be.html

Ga. Lawmaker Doesn't Want Rape Accusers to be Called 'Victims,' Dems and the Sexual Grievance Industry Have a Conniption

The Law Should Not Call Accusers 'Victims'

Rep. Bobby Franklin (R-Marietta) wants to do something that is so fair, so just, so moral, that it is astounding anyone would question it. He has has introduced a bill in the George state legislature that would change the state criminal code where it refers to rape accusers as "victims." Rep. Franklin's bill, which has raised objection from the usual crowd, wants to call such people -- are you ready for this? -- "accusers."

Heaven forbid that the law should call people what they really are!

Rep. Franklin "gets" it. By labeling an accuser the "victim" before a single scrap of evidence has been admitted at trial, much less an adjudication of guilt, the law implicitly accepts the rape allegation as factual. The message it sends does a grave disservice to the presumptively innocent who are accused of such crimes since, by necessity, they must be guilty if their accusers are, in fact, "victims."

This is a no-brainer. But not to the politicized zealots who dominate the public discourse of these issues. According to The Huffington Post: "The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee writes, 'To diminish a victim's ordeal by branding him/her an accuser essentially questions whether the crime committed against the victim is a crime at all. Robbery, assault, and fraud are all real crimes with real victims, the Republican asserts with this bill.'"

And that's not all the Huffington Post writes:

"Rape and sexual assault are chronically underreported crimes. According to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, '60% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to the police, according to a statistical average of the past 5 years. Those rapists, of course, never spend a day in prison. Factoring in unreported rapes, only about 6% of rapists ever serve a day in jail.' Under Franklin's definition, all of these people who didn't report their crimes aren't actually victims -- because there is never a conviction.

"'To be classified, off the bat, as an accuser instead of as a victim places one more barrier to reporting the crime to the authorities,' writes Amie Newman at RH Reality Check, who points out that Franklin's state of Georgia ranks 11th out of the 50 states and the District of Columbia for incidences of forcible rape.

"Jennifer White, attorney for legal programs at the Family Violence Prevention Fund, said that even when victims do come forward, prosecutions and convictions are still often incredibly difficult to get.

"'Changing, just for these particular crimes, the word 'victim' to 'accuser' really buys into an outdated and disproved myth about victims who come forward with these kinds of allegations,' said White. 'I think it's a sad reality that for some reason, it's easier for society, in some respects, to believe that a victim would fabricate this type of crime than to believe that a person is capable of committing certain atrocities. And it really has a chilling effect for victims who already have an extremely difficult time coming forward.'"

It is, of course, nothing short of morally grotesque to trivialize the suffering of the countless victims of false rape claims by insisting that false rape claims are "a myth." See here. Yet representatives of the sexual grievance industry say things like this without the slightest challenge from the mainstream media.

In any event, kudos to Rep. Bobby Franklin for trying to do the right thing.
    He's getting a mountain of hateful messages on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...33609&comments
    Last edited by Zatch; 02-06-2011 at 05:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've never really thought of it, but that label does put a bit of a slant on the judicial process, doesn't it?

Wow, he's catching heat on his facebook page:

I will do anything in my power to make sure you get out of office as quickly as possible. You are an embarrassment to the people of Georgia. You are an embarrassment to the human race.
    Here is the bill if you want to give it a read:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/108144.pdf
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-06-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatch View Post

I commented. Lets flood that page supportive comments!
    Last edited by kah13176; 02-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

And my comment is already taking a lot of flak. Wow, people are aggressive.
    Last edited by kah13176; 02-06-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    Probably a lynch mob that came from Huffington Post and Raw Story.

Probably a lynch mob that came from Huffington Post and Raw Story.
    I came back 3 hours later and had 4 profanity-laden private messages in my inbox.
    -Taylor Mali

-Samuel Adams

We should get this guy on Freedom Watch to explain the bill.
    Last edited by Zatch; 02-06-2011 at 09:00 PM.

I commented. Lets flood that page supportive comments!
    This guy deserves support. He's standing up for what is right, i commented as well , lets not let an honest man get taken down

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, that was waste of time...gah, I feel dirty.

Who the $#@! are these people?

Yeah, right, the concentration camps could never happen here...

I came back 3 hours later and had 4 profanity-laden private messages in my inbox.
    post 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, that was waste of time...gah, I feel dirty.

Who the $#@! are these people?

Yeah, right, the concentration camps could never happen here...
    Huff Post and Raw Story had really slanted articles on his bill. That's probably where they came from.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...id=25815598690
    This facebook page is more fun, cell phone is exploding
    Last edited by dbill27; 02-06-2011 at 09:55 PM.

A big part of the progressive movement is very hateful. They are zealots without a brain, just a intelectual pose.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quite an emotional bunch posting on that facebook page.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Quite an emotional bunch posting on that facebook page.
    Take a good look, that's the MADD mob as well.

Let this fellow propose a bill to abolish drunk driving laws and watch the fur fly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess im now in support of rape by supporting a fair trial?

The only bad thing about this georgia lawmaker is he seems to be against gay rights, thats what wikipedia said however, so i dont know of the validity of that statement is or if he wants to pursue legislation against gays

I just posted:

How can a person who claims they have been abused be legally considered a victim until the events they claim have been proven? What if the accuser is disproven (to an obvious extent) in a court of law? Does that mean that they went from victim to non-victim? NO, because they started off as an ACCUSER. In America, there's this little thing called "innocent until proven guilty" - if the accuser automatically starts off as a victim, that creates a bias where the accused is automatically viewed as a wrongdoer; how can that ensure the accused a fair trial? It baffles me how someone could find such offense in being legally referred to as an "accuser" if you accuse someone of a crime. Sure, you can consider yourself a victim if you know you have been victimized, but, in the LEGAL world, you have to have tangible proof. ---- There is nothing anti-woman about this, so all of you out there attacking Rep. Franklin by throwing insults like that at him should stop your trolling.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5598690&v=wall
    -- Please post here too. We need to stick up for this guy.

I figured that was you Riley. Good comment.

These people would croak if they'd ever heard of Blackstone's Ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.