Thread: Bernanke warns of catastrophic consequences if debt ceiling is not raised

Bernanke warns of catastrophic consequences if debt ceiling is not raised

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why, he can loan the same $9 Trillion he loaned to the banks, to Washington DC, you, his partners in crime.

Who cares where it comes from... it's all counterfeited toilet paper anyway.

This is more propaganda and fear institution for the ignorant and to ensure all his spending Dumbocrats vote yes to raise the LOAN DEBT AMOUNT to whatever.

There's 3 ludicrous things about all this:

1st: The debt ceiling is not a credit limit. Credit card limits are set by your lender, and they're not self imposed.
    2nd: There's no cap on spending. It's the gap between spending and revenue that matters.
    3rd: Nobody believes that the current debt ceiling can be maintained, even with aggressive Rand Paul/Paul Ryan-like austerity measures.

It's all a fony fiscal farce with the Federal Reserve
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

And then he says "Don't blame US Monetary Policy for the mess we are in. Timmy made me do it."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...71288420110203
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Perhaps somebody can answer the one question I've been having this entire time.

Why do we need the banks so much that we had to bail them out to the tune of $900 billion?
    If all of those banks had failed, wouldn't the free market take over for their loss and people would still be getting loans from other places?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Why do we need the banks so much that we had to bail them out to the tune of $900 billion?
    If all of those banks had failed, wouldn't the free market take over for their loss and people would still be getting loans from other places?
    Because if the likes of JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, and AIG fail, then you'd have widespread chaos in the credit markets that would spill into the rest of the economy, since credit is, roughly speaking, 50% of all capital. People would lose their checkable deposits at these banks, which totals nearly $200 billion, retirement funds would get decimated due to stock market losses, and jobs would be lost in the tens of millions from the domino effect into the rest of the global economy.

Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate here

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE US!!!!!!!
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by freshjiva View Post
    Because if the likes of JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, and AIG fail, then you'd have widespread chaos in the credit markets that would spill into the rest of the economy, since credit is, roughly speaking, 50% of all capital. People would lose their checkable deposits at these banks, which totals nearly $200 billion, retirement funds would get decimated due to stock market losses, and jobs would be lost in the tens of millions from the domino effect into the rest of the global economy.

Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate here
    Oh, okay... I thought it was perhaps to save the member banks of the Federal Reserve and thus perpetuate the insanity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, okay... I thought it was perhaps to save the member banks of the Federal Reserve and thus perpetuate the insanity.
    Well, you're actually somewhat correct in that remark. These ARE member banks of the Federal Reserve System, and they've been getting a lot of privileges through the Fed's discount window lending activities over the many decades.

Who pays for the political campaigns and lobbyists?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

The longer he puts it off, the more catastrophic the correction is going to be.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    The longer he puts it off, the more catastrophic the correction is going to be.
    Maybe he knows that and is looking for someone to blame when the catastrophic correction does happen.