Thread: If you want the rest of the broadcast money

If you want the rest of the broadcast money

Everyone on this board is going to have to contact the members in their meetups and ask them to contribute ASAP.
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm confused. Money for what?
    Michigan - Congressional District 1

Look at the campaign website. We are not going to meet the fundraising goal by midnight tonight! www.ronpaul2008.com

Man, look at those Mondays! Every Monday has been better so far!

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Man, look at those Mondays! Every Monday has been better so far!
    What? We are $120,000 from reaching our goal. We have to make that by midnight tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What? We are $120,000 from reaching our goal. We have to make that by midnight tonight.
    I'm just saying, we have had good growth this quarter. Every week is getting bigger and better.

I'm not too big on this goal-within-a-goal Broadcast Freedom idea.

We have an overarching goal of $12m by Dec. 31st, which we're doing well on (on pace to raise about $7m but it's trending upward), and a sub-goal of earning $4m in October which was probably ambitious (should have been 3,4,5 instead of 4,4,4as Jonathan Bydlak himself acknowledged).

So what do we need this sub-sub goal for? So my message to the Ron Paul campaign would be, you just tell us how much money you need online and when you need it by and let us figure out how to raise it!

Decentralization, the secret to success.

Yes, but we really need to reach this goal set out by the campaign.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No, we don't. They should follow their own principles and not micromanage the online fundraising. They gave us a goal -- $12m by the end of Q4, and subgoals of $4 per month -- and they're doing an excellent job transparently conveying as much fundraising data as possible to the supporter network. This transparency allows incredible things like RonPaulGraphs.com and the Ron Paul Money Bomb to sprout spontaneously.

That's all they should do. They shouldn't throw sub-goals in! Let the market decide what the best way to raise money is. And look at the havoc it's playing with the Ron Paul Money Bomb, people deciding whether to give now or then. As with government intervention, central planning does not lead to the market choosing the best ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post
    No, we don't. They should follow their own principles and not micromanage the online fundraising. They gave us a goal -- $12m by the end of Q4, and subgoals of $4 per month -- and they're doing an excellent job transparently conveying as much fundraising data as possible to the supporter network. This transparency allows incredible things like RonPaulGraphs.com and the Ron Paul Money Bomb to sprout spontaneously.

That's all they should do. They shouldn't throw sub-goals in! Let the market decide what the best way to raise money is. And look at the havoc it's playing with the Ron Paul Money Bomb, people deciding whether to give now or then. As with government intervention, central planning does not lead to the market choosing the best ideas.
    Good stuff! The money bombs and November 5th are doing well, although I would like to raise 3million this month!

Would you like to make a wager with me? $16,000 per hour is not do-able yet. Its not going to happen, as much as I've been working to get it done.

OH Puhleese. Other people on this board were begging for the campaign to set shorter term goals. They listened. Now, we're bitching about it.

Yes, it's up to you when you want to donate, or whether you want to donate at all. I guess it all depends upon whether one is more interested in helping the campaign, or in furthering a pet project.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Would you like to make a wager with me? $16,000 per hour is not do-able yet. Its not going to happen, as much as I've been working to get it done.
    Nice attitude. Let's just all lay down and quit on the entire campaign. The odds are just too high.

OH Puhleese. Other people on this board were begging for the campaign to set shorter term goals. They listened. Now, we're bitching about it.

Yes, it's up to you when you want to donate, or whether you want to donate at all. I guess it all depends upon whether one is more interested in helping the campaign, or in furthering a pet project.
    I don't have a dog in the ron paul bomb vs broadcast freedom fight. but i think it would be both mor profitable and more consistent to do this the libertarian way!

Nice attitude. Let's just all lay down and quit on the entire campaign. The odds are just too high.
    as much as I've been working to get it done. You work as hard as you can, but clicking your heels and squinting your eyes shut and wishing on pixie dust is not going to make it so.

I don't have a dog in the ron paul bomb vs broadcast freedom fight. but i think it would be both mor profitable and more consistent to do this the libertarian way!

NOBODY LISTEN TO THIS!!!

Lets not fight the official campaign!

I will graciously submit to them!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I'm not a libertarian. I am an AMERICAN and I say, NEVER SAY DIE!!! The campaign asked us to meet a goal and we damn sure had better do everything in our power to reach it!

Well people should be leaving work right now. Rush hour is probably killing them. Once home the money should shoot up...hopefully enough. It's 5:01 eastern here.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Well, I'm not a libertarian. I am an AMERICAN and I say, NEVER SAY DIE!!! The campaign asked us to meet a goal and we damn sure had better do everything in our power to reach it!
    OK but Liberty Eagle, how do you counter my argument that the campaign setting sub-sub goals like Broadcast Freedom will lead to LESS money earned in the long term?

I mean, let's say we make the 430K goal tonight. How much more did BF bring in over what would normally have been brought in? Maybe 100K? But, as with top-down decision-making in general, what's lost is harder to calculate. Did it undercut enthusiasm for the RPMB? Stifle another idea?

It's the same principle why the Politburo shouldn't have decided how many shoes the Soviet people needed produced on an annual basis: you let the market make these decisions. Same with shoes as in fundraising!

Did I just compare the Ron Paul Campaign to the Politburo? Yes, but only to make a point!

Thumbs up

Did I just compare the Ron Paul Campaign to the Politburo? Yes, but only to make a point!
    F'in brilliant. I love Liberty and the Libertarians.
    Hi!

OK but Liberty Eagle, how do you counter my argument that the campaign setting sub-sub goals like Broadcast Freedom will lead to LESS money earned in the long term?

I mean, let's say we make the 430K goal tonight. How much more did BF bring in over what would normally have been brought in? Maybe 100K? But, as with top-down decision-making in general, what's lost is harder to calculate. Did it undercut enthusiasm for the RPMB? Stifle another idea?

It's the same principle why the Politburo shouldn't have decided how many shoes the Soviet people needed produced on an annual basis: you let the market make these decisions. Same with shoes as in fundraising!

These smaller goals definitely lead to more money. Take a look at the graphs.
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

1. Actually, it increased the rate.
    2. It's idiotic to compare the Ron Paul campaign to the Politburo. I can't even believe you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    F'in brilliant. I love Liberty and the Libertarians.
    Actually, this whole thing seems to be doing a good job of highlighting why the Libertarian Party never gets any traction.

By the way, you DO realize, don't you, that there are a lot of us who support Ron Paul, who are not Libertarians?

We will all need to agree to disagree or we will be the end of ourselves.

Each side needs to give up a little here. I think most (*most*) folks have settled down on the bashing of the november 5 idea. At least, most folks aren't trying to stop it now. If there's still people arguing against November 5, they need to realize that even if they don't like it, the media is not going to notice so it doesn't really matter in the end (I'm just being honest).

Just as folks should let November 5 happen, so should everyone join in the official campaign goals. We can argue over whether or not they are worthwhile, but that shouldn't change us from participating. The campaign has not been badgering us with official goals. We are 3 weeks into the goal of 4 million for the month and have yet to get above $1.5 million in donations. For the PCC to sit by and let this campaign drift by would be ridiculous. This is ONE short term campaign goal for the entire month of October. I think that's pretty "hands off" if you ask me.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a reason the campaign sets goals - they need the money they ask for. They have a budget and fundraising projections- and the need that money.

Actually, this whole thing seems to be doing a good job of highlighting why the Libertarian Party never gets any traction.

By the way, you DO realize, don't you, that there are a lot of us who support Ron Paul, who are not Libertarians?
    I would say its because we trade in common sense and practicality for idealism. Libertarianism is the ideal form of gvt for keeping the gvt power in check, and off our backs. Its what we are fighting for, but we haven't a clue on how to beat them in their own game.

The problem is you can't run a succesful business, or campaign without a coherent strategy, short term and long term goals, and organization etc. These methods are what our adversaries use, and why they are in power.

Its not the message that is extreme, it just appears that way, because our voices are not unified, therfore it comes across as random, fringe, wacky.

This is a really dumb argument that pops up from time to time from people who don't really understand libertarian philosophy. Just because "top-down" doesn't work for organizing society doesn't mean "top-down" doesn't work for anything. It doesn't work for society because individuals all have different goals and values only known to them, and unknowable to a central planner. It can work for say, a hardware store, because there is one goal - selling hardware, which a good manager knows more about than the run of the mill cashier.

There is one goal here - getting Ron Paul elected. There's no reason to believe that because the campaign sets a fundraising goal that it's heading down the path of the USSR. Given their track record thus far, I'd say that's ludicrous.