Thread: New 60 Minutes Interview With Wikileaks Julian Assange

New 60 Minutes Interview With Wikileaks Julian Assange

Airing Date Jan.30 2011

In an exclusive interview with "60 Minutes" tonight, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange discussed, among other things, his relationship with sources (a crucial legal issue, as the U.S. considers taking court action against Assange), WikiLeaks' vulnerability to government shut down (presumably of concern to Assange, especially since some WikiLeaks supporters have found themselves grappling with various law enforcement agencies), and rumors about an upcoming release of documents embarrassing to Bank of America.

"60 Minutes" offers a transcript of the interview, along with video extras, here, and a behind-the-scenes video here. Readers can check out our roundup of the latest WikiLeaks news here. (CNET News is published by CBS Interactive, a unit of CBS.)

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20...#ixzz1CZlzGB9d

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the video. 60 minutes definitely cut out some of his complete answers, but overall it was a good interview.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Wow, that was pretty good
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Congressional Medal of Honor

The anchor said Assange considers his political viewpoints as libertarian.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

There are some extra footage on: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ntBody;housing

I haven't watched them yet though, still watching the first two parts.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

The jaguar looked pretty 'parapatetic' also, especially after you shined that billion-candlepower spotlight on the poor cat. I don't blame him for taking it on the lam.

And for the last thirty years, ever since you did a yellow journalism smear piece on the Audi 5000 which proved only that what you said was happening couldn't be true and the only thing that would cause the cars to accelerate wildly was a foot on the gas (or a floor mat--sound familiar?), I have known that you are as liable to be 'agitated' by the truth as anything else. So, when you call someone an agitator, it's kind of hard for me to know if you are merely calling him honest.

When I see you calling elected officials in a represenative democracy 'forces of nature', I can't help but feel that you people do not qualify as the 'vigorous free press' that is necessary to make a democracy work properly. I also can't help but feel that the last shred of decency left the building with Edward R. Murrow.

And when I see you ignore Assange's valid points about how necessary it is for voters in a democracy to have some kind of access to the truth, and instead stick your Hearst-Luce-Murdoch Brand, yellowcake uranium-quality spin right in the man's face and record his expression of sadness, I can't help but feel that you don't have any shame left either.

Well, they haven't pulled the comment yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, they haven't pulled the comment yet...
    UPDATE: They not only pulled the comment, they pulled my account.

They seem to lack humor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...