Thread: Jerusalem Post: Pro-Israel activists decry GOP senator's call to cut aid

Jerusalem Post: Pro-Israel activists decry GOP senator's call to cut aid

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will get their wish too, the aid will continue to flow.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Actually, what is amazing is that the only ones making a stink about this are the obviously Israel interests. A couple Jewish organizations, even, are saying 'how can Israel get $3 billion in aid when they are talking about cutting food stamps here? we're better off getting ahead of this for the interests of keeping US support and agreeing Israel doesn't need this aid.'

I will be interested to see how this ULTIMATELY comes out. As for this particular bill, at least it has been calendared, but I agree that 'aid' is likely to be put back in, in some fashion. However, that in itself will start a debate now that Rand raised this.

And even so, the other 99% of the bill is pretty good....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-30-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Let the Christians who think we're ruled by the Bible send billions to Israel privately, if they so desire, however those of us who are tired of being taxed to fund wars have had enough!
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Getting Israel off the welfare check will make it stronger. Anti-Israel people dont seem to realize this.
    Last edited by juvanya; 01-31-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    Getting Israel off the welfare check will make it stronger.
    So? I don't care how strong Israel is or what their country does in the name of their national security. They can invade Iran and annex it if they want...as long as they're not using American taxpayer dollars to fund their war machine.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 01-31-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Well... don't think they haven't tried to come up with ways to cut foreign aid without cutting aid to Israel.

Eric Cantor (R-Virg.) --has floated a novel solution to protect aid for Israel from the current foreign aid backlash: giving the Jewish state its own funding account, thus removing it from funds for the rest of the world.

One possibility would be to shift Israel's aid to the Pentagon budget

The shell games begin

Quote Originally Posted by Dojo View Post
    Well... don't think they haven't tried to come up with ways to cut foreign aid without cutting aid to Israel.

Eric Cantor (R-Virg.) --has floated a novel solution to protect aid for Israel from the current foreign aid backlash: giving the Jewish state its own funding account, thus removing it from funds for the rest of the world.

One possibility would be to shift Israel's aid to the Pentagon budget

The shell games begin

Dual-citizens should not have a place in the federal government.

Cantor is a jew who obviously has allegiance to the state of israel... how in the world is it ok for him to "represent" american interests?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senator Paul's position will carry the day eventually. We simply do not have the money to subsidize anyone at this point--and this argument will convince voters as time moves on--especially as the fed continues to buy treasuries, thus monetizing the debt.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

SO what if he is Jewish? You lose all credibility by jumping down that rabbit hole.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    SO what if he is Jewish? You lose all credibility by jumping down that rabbit hole.
    I agree that being Jewish isn't an issue. I do wonder about dual citizenship, though, though not usually with Israel, per se. I know corporations at least make you disclose if your board members also sit on other boards so you can evaluate whether you think they have divided loyalties. I think divided loyalties isn't an unrealistic concern.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    I hate that it is this way, but it is.

If one is jewish, then one has automatic citizenship in the state of israel. Isn't that politically significant? Believe me, I wish it weren't an issue, but it seems like it is.

Some jewish politicians, if not all, put israel's interests above our own. Isn't that treason?

Right now, it is fairly obvious that israel virtually runs U.S. foreign policy... do you disagree?

It is said that israel is an "ally", which is a lie, because the U.S. has no treaties with israel because to have treaties you must have boundaries and israel does not like the constraints that come with boundaries.

Instead the U.S. gives israel billions of $$$ every year, puts "israel-firsters" in the highest offices of the land, overlooks the hundreds of nukes israel has but hasn't "declared" (although the U.S. flips out at the notion of certain other countries even using nuclear energy), and points the "anti-semite" finger at all who question the status quo.

If someone else just says you're a citizen because of your religion, though, I don't know what we could do without creating some sort of religious test. I don't know about that kind of situation. Generally, though, it seems to me to make sense that you would have to pick one, or the other, at some level of senior representation of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If someone else just says you're a citizen because of your religion, though, I don't know what we could do without creating some sort of religious test. I don't know about that kind of situation. Generally, though, it seems to me to make sense that you would have to pick one, or the other, at some level of senior representation of this country.
    It's a bad situation no doubt.

This is mainly because of the nature of judaism/jewry as a religion/race.

It's a shame to disqualify a person because of their religion and/or race, but if their religion/race means they have allegiance to an entity other than who they are *supposed* to be representing, then they are not fit to hold office.

If a jewish person can manage to hold public office in the U.S. and NOT cater to israel/jews, then I see no problem with it. But when you have jewish congressmen (or any congressmen for that matter) calling for more funding to israel, and slandering those who oppose them, then it's a problem.

By the way, did you know that the only country that it is ILLEGAL FOR U.S. COMPANIES TO BOYCOTT... is israel?

Quote Originally Posted by sirgonzo420 View Post
    I hate that it is this way, but it is.

If one is jewish, then one has automatic citizenship in the state of israel.
    Not sure if that's entirely true, they still have to apply for citizenship and prove they are Jewish from their mother's side. There's plenty of Jews who do criticize Israel, such as Chomsky and Finklestein, but yes, they are not in the US political system.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    Not sure if that's entirely true, they still have to apply for citizenship and prove they are Jewish from their mother's side. There's plenty of Jews who do criticize Israel, such as Chomsky and Finklestein, but yes, they are not in the US political system.
    You are correct - they must apply first. But if their mother is jewish, they are guaranteed citizenship after the paperwork is completed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are correct - they must apply first. But if their mother is jewish, they are guaranteed citizenship after the paperwork is completed.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return

The Law of Return (Hebrew: חוק השבות, ḥok ha-shvūt) is Israeli legislation, enacted in 1950/5710, that gives Jews, those of Jewish ancestry, and their spouses the right to migrate and to settle in Israel and gain citizenship. The law gives the right of return to those born Jews, those with Jewish ancestry and converts to Judaism. It has been controversial.[1]

What will ever become of the foreign aid addicts and their propped up regimes once the great default happens...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    So? I don't care how strong Israel is or what their country does in the name of their national security. They can invade Iran and annex it if they want...as long as they're not using American taxpayer dollars to fund their war machine.
    Precisely my point. Anti-Israel people dont seem to understand this that cutting the aid wont achieve their goals. Its not even a significant part of the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Both Israel and the US (I think) require renunciation of other citizenships to take higher office. I dont have a source for the US, but I know Ambassador Michael Oren renounced his US citizenship when he took that position. We could look at Elaine Chao and Carlos Guitterez?

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    Both Israel and the US (I think) require renunciation of other citizenships to take higher office. I dont have a source for the US, but I know Ambassador Michael Oren renounced his US citizenship when he took that position. We could look at Elaine Chao and Carlos Guitterez?
    Actions speak louder than words....

Dual-citizens should not have a place in the federal government.

Cantor is a jew who obviously has allegiance to the state of israel... how in the world is it ok for him to "represent" american interests?
    Dual citizens used to not exist in America, much less be allowed to run for office and hold security clearances.

It was the Holocaust Guilt Trip that made Americans sacrifice their formerly rational reasoning for an emotional feel-good approach to the rootless cosmopolitans.

When a Mexican named Perez wanted to have it both ways, the Supreme Court said "No."

But when a [more Special Blessed Person] asked, the Supreme Court turned on a dime and said "OH, YES. ANYTHING YOU WANT."

And we have been suffering the consequences of such foolishness ever since.
    Last edited by Inflation; 02-01-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    Bachmann2012.com is For Sale, to benefit RPF and RP2012.

Silver kills vampires: We store. We wait. We win.

Economics, like chemistry, has nothing to do with politics. -Chodorov

Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Dual citizens used to not exist in America, much less be allowed to run for office and hold security clearances.

It was the Holocaust Guilt Trip that made Americans sacrifice their formerly rational reasoning for an emotional feel-good approach to the rootless cosmopolitans.

When a Mexican named Perez wanted to have it both ways, the Supreme Court said "No."

But when a [more Special Blessed Person] asked, the Supreme Court turned on a dime and said "OH, YES. ANYTHING YOU WANT."

And we have been suffering the consequences of such foolishness ever since.

Well, they are the chosen ones, and everyone else on this earth are here to serve them.