Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap! Watch these Egypt protests live on Al-Jezeera English!

Holy Crap! Watch these Egypt protests live on Al-Jezeera English!

These protests are INSANE! Buildings being smashed, tanks, military, youth rioting.

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_n...423657345.html
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow... that's some crazy stuff going on

Can someone give me some info on what started this and in Tunisia. Is it people uprising because of corruption in politics while having bad living standards?

LOL they were just rocking a huge truck into the water

Don't try this at home, these are professionals
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Egypt has just suspended ALL flights into Egypt! wow. "will ring serious alarm bells for foreign embassies and foreign governments"

Is anyone getting you-tubes of Gates' speech, other US officials? They are stressing "nonviolence" and "opening up dialog with the people". I have an idea for a project to apply these recommendations against them.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Good, its a precursor to here. All the Gold stolen and the peoples money buys squat. Of course they will riot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    Is anyone getting you-tubes of Gates' speech, other US officials? They are stressing "nonviolence" and "opening up dialog with the people". I have an idea for a project to apply these recommendations against them.
    He was just on the link I posted above. He was saying that they should turn the internet and social networks back on. He condemned any violence by the protesters and military/police. He also mentioned that Obama was briefed for 40 minutes about Egypt, and that he is monitoring a fluid situation to see if protests spread to the rest of the mideast.

The ruling party headquarters is burning to the ground in Cairo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    Good, its a precursor to here. All the Gold stolen and the peoples money buys squat. Of course they will riot.
    Not as long as we have our television. The only time Americans riot is when our sports teams lose or win championships.

I hate the Lakers.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

MSNBC breaking news.......only 3 days behind

Interesting how listening to Al Jazeera, they are saying the Muslim Brotherhood has not been involved, and has mostly been a youth-led protest without any leadership to speak of. Yet Hannity was going on about how the Muslim Brotherhood was involved in this and how harmful it would be if they gained power.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    Not as long as we have our television. The only time Americans riot is when our sports teams lose or win championships.

I hate the Lakers.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee
    Attempting to shut down all Internet & mobile phone service would certainly do it, too.

And yeah, Will, that about sums it up. Fraudulent election, inspiration from recent uprising in Tunisia due to corruption (some of it exposed directly by Wikileaks), poor standard of living and extremely oppressive dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Interesting how listening to Al Jazeera, they are saying the Muslim Brotherhood has not been involved, and has mostly been a youth-led protest without any leadership to speak of. Yet Hannity was going on about how the Muslim Brotherhood was involved in this and how harmful it would be if they gained power.
    They will gain some power if a new govt goes in . They do not need to protest . Basically your looking at unemployed kids , uneducated , no job opputunities , no future .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Muslim Brotherhood has become involved, btw, calling for military to force out Mubarak's regime.
    Thanks for that update. I know Al Jazeera isn't necessarily the best source.

Muslim Brotherhood has become involved, btw, calling for military to force out Mubarak's regime.
    The US reporters live in Cairo did excellent reporting all walks of social/economic/ages life in Egypt protested. It wasn't militants or just young people.

It's a movement against an Elitist Puppet controlled abroad. You listen to all the US politicians on what should be allowed... yet it's practically banned here in the US.

Obama... "Egyptians have rights, rights to protests, rights to assembly peacefully."

Yeah Obama... Demonstrat wearing a mask in Washington DC and you're Arrested. Pure 100% Propaganda for the planet to soak upon.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-28-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Obama speaks from prepared speech, walks off without taking questions.

I think Hillary wrote that speech for him.

Also worth noting many Muslim Brotherhood activists were arrested last night. Mubarak's response has been extremely provocative.

Also worth noting many Muslim Brotherhood activists were arrested last night. Mubarak's response has been extremely provocative.
    Yes , but that is routine , they arrest them all the time , jail , torture .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes , but that is routine , they arrest them all the time , jail , torture .
    Winning hearts and minds.

Mubarak had the chance to do the right thing.
    He Didn't .
    Obama had the chance to say the right thing.
    He Didn't .

You can't have Mubarak without Barak

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Winning hearts and minds.

Mubarak had the chance to do the right thing.
    He Didn't .
    Obama had the chance to say the right thing.
    He Didn't .

You can't have Mubarak without Barak

Hope the Egyptians see that dependency. Obama/Mubarak poor responses are further provoking the angry citizens. When Mubarak stated he would be replacing everyone but himself, the crowd shouted "Down with Hosni Mubarak!" The military is not under Mubarak's control. He is toast.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hope the Egyptians see that dependency. Obama/Mubarak poor responses are further provoking the angry citizens. When Mubarak stated he would be replacing everyone but himself, the crowd shouted "Down with Hosni Mubarak!" The military is not under Mubarak's control. He is toast.
    We have ABC News (I know, I know) often on in the background while we do the dishes. One of the things they were saying is that Egyptians are picking up the used/discarded tear gas cannisters... and reading how they say "MADE IN THE U.S.A." on them. Yep, I think they get the dependency.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Posted with no further comment.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    We have ABC News (I know, I know) often on in the background while we do the dishes. One of the things they were saying is that Egyptians are picking up the used/discarded tear gas cannisters... and reading how they say "MADE IN THE U.S.A." on them. Yep, I think they get the dependency.
    That's fabulous.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There have been a few threads over on Fark.com on the riots in Egypt.

Here is the links to a couple of them.

Egytpian soldiers walk in to quell riots. Oh-way-oh

Egypt unrest escalates. w/ live updates

The actual story link button is the icon in the upper top left hand of the headline.

They also had an update thread on the Iran riots of the past.

Iran: "Now that people are focused elsewhere, let's kill off the Green political-prisoners"
    Last edited by Carson; 01-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    There have been a few threads over on Fark.com on the riots in Egypt.

Here is the links to a couple of them.

Egytpian soldiers walk in to quell riots. Oh-way-oh

Egypt unrest escalates. w/ live updates

The actual story link button is the icon in the upper top left hand of the headline.
    God, just what is it with the media's fetish for terrible puns?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Posted with no further comment.
    It seems there is much the people of the world have in common.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast