Thread: Did Rand cut the DEA in his Budget proposal?

Did Rand cut the DEA in his Budget proposal?

I haven't been able to find the details on Rand's budget proposal. Does he cut funding for the DEA? That is an obvious (redundant) agency for eliminating entirely.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I haven't been able to find the details on Rand's budget proposal. Does he cut funding for the DEA? That is an obvious (redundant) agency for eliminating entirely.
    I couldn't find anything about that either. I know that he made huge cuts to the FDA.

The federal government needs to get rid of the alphabet agencies and stick with the U.S. Marshals, U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Air Force to cover the land, coastline and air enforcement.

He cut something in justice, but I'm not sure all of what it did, even after going to its web page. I was all for him cutting it, given that. The bill is only 25 pages, and easy to read. He even makes snarky comments kind of, and once quotes Bastiat in the white paper discussing it.

Here, the white paper is longer than the bill at 37 pages, but it discusses what was cut. http://www.randpaul2010.com/wp-conte...ion-cuts-2.pdf

He cuts the FCC by 22% which might cramp their regulating the internet.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-29-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I never saw anything about the DEA. This guy breaks it down pretty well.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...-spending-bill
    “The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended.” -Frédéric Bastiat