Thread: Republican Jewish Coalition: Paul is "misguided" on cuts to Israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Republican Jewish Coalition: Paul is "misguided" on cuts to Israel

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The Republican Jewish Coalition rejected a proposal by Sen. Rand Paul to end foreign aid, including aid to Israel, as "misguided."

"We share Senator Paul's commitment to restraining the growth of federal spending, but we reject his misguided proposal to end U.S. assistance to our ally, Israel," the RJC said in a statement. "We are heartened to know that, with very few exceptions, congressional Republicans understand and appreciate the importance of this alliance to America's national security. And we are confident that few - if any - of Senator Paul's Republican colleagues will cosponsor a plan that reneges on an agreement with a critical ally."
    Read more:
    h ttp://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/01/27/2742744/publican-jews-paul-misguided-on-aid
    Last edited by jct74; 01-27-2011 at 11:33 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

this is the time for the Republicans who have any balls -if there are any- to defend Rand's proposal

These people will not be swayed. It would be the equivalent of arguing with the AARP that Medicare or SS should be eliminated.

What a vicious group of people this is (the AJC). We are bankrupt, we have been subsidizing them for decades, and now they want more.

Has Mike Lee even co-sponsored Rand's proposed spending cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Has Mike Lee even co-sponsored Rand's proposed spending cuts?
    From what I've heard..... Mike Lee and Senator Paul are like Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. Mike's on board.

IDK about cutting aid to israel though. Mike Lee did visit Israel earlier this month, talks about how important US commitment is to them, so this may be one issue that they disagree but I'm sure they agree on everything else

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post
    IDK about cutting aid to israel though. Mike Lee did visit Israel earlier this month, talks about how important US commitment is to them, so this may be one issue that they disagree but I'm sure they agree on everything else
    Hey, I agree. We should be committed to them. Committed enough to stop funding them and spending even more money on their enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo23 View Post
    Yeah. That's why I thought that even Mike Lee might not co-sponsor Rand's bill. I don't think he supports ending aid to Israel.

I saw that Wolf Blitzer interview, and whenever Rand thinks Wolf's question is bull$%#@ he kept starting with "well that's interesting because."

I just picture him saying "well that's bull#$%^ because" as a substitute when I watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I saw that Wolf Blitzer interview, and whenever Rand thinks Wolf's question is bull$%#@ he kept starting with "well that's interesting because."

I just picture him saying "well that's bull#$%^ because" as a substitute when I watch it.
    I took it that way as well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post

That's funny because he did the same thing months back during the Maddow interview about the CRA..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

it's not just those two times. he's always saying 'the interesting thing is' in interviews. Even on freedom watch i've heard him say it. It's his way of reaching those who have been brainwashed by the MSM on different issues.
    Last edited by ronaldo23; 01-28-2011 at 02:49 PM.

I predict AIPAC is going to campaign against him in 2016 for this. I mean look what they did to Hilliard, McKinney and Traficant in 2002. It's like whatever Israel wants, Israel gets. Say a prayer that some Zionist extremist doesn't try to assassinate him.
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

This is digusting and why the demise of our currency is a certainty.

Whenever someone tries to cut anything some interest group has a hissy fit.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    andy richter was a smart guy on that episode!

Lololololololololololololol

Starting at 0.38:

“King David and Jesus both hailed from this town?” Blitzer’s answer: “what is Jerusalem”. The host says “no”.

The term “hailed from” makes the question tricky, ISTM.
    Last edited by robert68; 01-29-2011 at 02:12 AM.

It's crap like this that causes a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit. Every special interest treats their funding like a sacred cow. Many of these same folks that are sooooo upset that we might spend a bit less to build houses in Israel have no problem cutting HUD here.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think having a "Jewish Coalition" is misguided.

You know what we need? We need to make a list of lawmakers that are on record as opposing bailing out the states that are in need of money, BUT dont' want to cut foreign aid. Frame it like that, see which side the American people fall on.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You know what we need? We need to make a list of lawmakers that are on record as opposing bailing out the states that are in need of money, BUT dont' want to cut foreign aid. Frame it like that, see which side the American people fall on.
    excellent idea
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

This might be a non-starter.
    The liberal / Democrats are not going to get on this because it kills ALL foreign aid to everywhere. And the "conservative" / Republicans are not going to get on this because it kills foreign aid to Israel.

I doubt this will go anywhere, but it'll get them talking which is just what we need!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst