Thread: December NH Primary a Blessing in Disguise?

December NH Primary a Blessing in Disguise?

Does anyone else think a December 11 primary in New Hampshire could be a blessing in disguise?

Pat Buchanan won NH in 1996, why couldn't Ron Paul do the same? Then there would be almost a month before the next primary. Think of all the media attention he would get. It's hard to ignore the winner of the first primary. What are your thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At a price of half the delegates? I guess a win would be a win, no matter the number of delegates.

Still not polling high enough in NH.

Maybe Dr. Paul will eventually visit New Hampshire.

We can take NH - especially with the $1.1 M in NH TV advertising that was just bought. But we also need Dr. Paul here more often. He needs to be pressing flesh in towns from Keene to Portsmouth and from Nashua to Berlin. People win elections in NH by doing it in person (but name recognition helps as well).

JM
    Last edited by jgmaynard; 10-22-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: The word flesh is not actually supposed to have as many "Ns" in it as I originally typed. :)

New Hampshire is the single most important state we can win... we need to focus on it more than what we are doing now.

I wonder what percentage of the Independent vote is for Dr. Paul. If I'm not mistaken, independents are dominant in New Hampshire and not phone polled like Republicans.

If New Hampshire is the life free or die state it should be a landslide for Ron Paul once the message is heard by everyone there.
    Taking the campaign to the next level! Click for info!

Blessed are the peacemakers - Matthew 5:9

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is FAR outnumber Ds or Rs here. But we need the candidate, in person, going from diner to diner and from town hall to town hall to work the electorate.

JM

Does anyone else think a December 11 primary in New Hampshire could be a blessing in disguise?
    I listened to a conference call the other day with Ran Paul and he wasn't concerned about a NH primary in December since it would spread the primaries out. Mind you, Rand is not a campaign strategist but he does know a thing or two about elections and I thought his perspective made sense.

One caution I might propose is, would this give the neo-cons time to rally around a single candidate in an attempt to negate RP on super Tuesday. I think this is an interesting angle.

Really though, I think it would be overall beneficial if we won NH in December. This could build the necessary momentum for us throughout the rest of the country.

I would welcome an early Dec11 primary. If we do badly, we're not going to do better anywhere else. If we do well, we get good media attention, for weeks and weeks. If the New Hampshire primary is like Jan 2, we might get a couple days of attention if we do well, but I'd rather have weeks and weeks. And if we do bad on a Jan 2, same as if we do badly on Dec11.
    Support the Troops. End the War.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    One caution I might propose is, would this give the neo-cons time to rally around a single candidate in an attempt to negate RP on super Tuesday. I think this is an interesting angle.

Really though, I think it would be overall beneficial if we won NH in December. This could build the necessary momentum for us throughout the rest of the country.
    That could be a concern, but the problem Ron Paul has is name recognition. The ONLY reason Giuliani is doing so well in the polls is because he has the best name recognition out of any of the candidates. I just feel a month of media attention from this would make Ron competitive even if all the neo-cons do rally behind one candidate.