Dear Friends of Liberty,
Unless they hear from you, David Marks of district five and Todd Huff of district three may break their promise.
At a County Council forum that we held prior to the 2010 elections, one of our members asked the councilman if they would oppose speed cameras in Baltimore County.
At this meeting, both candidates energetically railed against speed cameras. David Marks stated that the main intention of the cameras was to "raise more revenue".
You can see a video of the exchange by clicking on the image below.
"Will you vociferously oppose speed cameras?"
Now that Huff and Marks have been elected, they have twisted their position. It is being reported to me from activists across Baltimore County that both Huff and Marks may cave on this issue.
Todd Huff's public comments on the coming speed camera vote could be best described as timid. Instead of being the advocate for concerned citizens in Baltimore County, David Marks has been dictating what we must settle for.
We asked for leaders - not politicians. These elected officials told us that they were willing to fight for us before the elections. It looks like they may be more interested in becoming entrenched into the political system.
Please take a few minutes to tell these Council members that we expect them to honor their promise of opposing speed cameras in our neighborhoods.
1. Please call David Marks and tell him you want him to honor his promise by publicly committing to a vote against speed cameras.
2. Please call Todd Huff and tell him you want him to honor his promise by publicly committing to a vote against speed cameras.
3. Please sign our petition to let your councilman know that you stand against the expansion of speed cameras.
4. Forward this email to your friends and family in Baltimore County.
Thank you for all your efforts to fight this money grab. The only way we can hold these elected officials accountable is if you act now.
- RonPaulForums.com is an independent grassroots outfit not officially connected to Ron Paul but dedicated to his mission. For more information see our Mission Statement.