Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Going on With Gold/Siver? Should I Invest in Oil Instead?

Question What's Going on With Gold/Siver? Should I Invest in Oil Instead?

Gold/Siver/etc are taking a nose dive. Should I move to a commodity like oil?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would do the opposite: buy whatever is going down and sell whatever is going up. And I don't know if oil is going to go much higher for the short term at least. Since everyone seems to think that the fate of the world economy depends on keeping oil under $100, I think if it goes up much higher they will implement some type of solution to bring the price down for a while, such as restricting the trading of oil futures in some way or OPEC can just increase the production level. Long term I think oil is going much higher though, they won't be able to contain the price long-term.
    Last edited by jct74; 01-24-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Gold is down 7.5% from the peak. If you can't handle that kind of volatility in the PM's, you shouldn't be investing in them. Expect 25-50% swings annually.

And no, do not chase performance. It is the one strategy that is guaranteed to bankrupt you.

You should have solid diversity across as many asset classes as you can - including cash. Adjust the weightings of each based on careful analysis - or the analysis of multiple trusted others - preferably of those with multiple backgrounds, worldviews and outlooks.

Wait til Gold hits $1280 and Silver $25. Then load the boat... Should happen shortly...

just letting u know if silver ever hits 20 dollars, i'm buying $#@! load again.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

i wish silver would go back to 20 and gold back to 1100 and I own a lot right now at these prices.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Wasn't gold supposed to go to 1500 by Feb?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

I see a lot of support for silver at both $17 and $15. Not much support between here and there.

Support for gold at $1000. A break of $1265-1280 should be looked at bearishly for both metals.

One man's reading of the charts...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    according to?

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Gold is going to $5,000 an ounce, according to Peter Schiff.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Gold is going to $5,000 an ounce, according to Peter Schiff.
    that's silver gold 20000
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    that's silver gold 20000
    Don't tell anyone...let's keep it a secret.
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Trendsman/jan242011.html

Money will come out of bonds in favor of the premier hard assets, Gold and Silver.

When that happens, look out.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

The paper markets are in trouble. They are on the verge of being overrun by demand in the physical market:
    ... something serious is going on inside this comex vaults. Today we had zero activity on every front: no withdrawals , no deposits, and no deliveries.
    and we have first day notice next Tuesday????? This is totally unprecedented in comex history!!
    Looks like are banking cartel members are having trouble locating some gold. I will have to check but I believe that this is a record number of oz standing in gold for January.

and now for silver:

All I can say is another day of violent activity inside the silver vaults. Today the customer received 1,194,233 oz of silver and another customer removed 241,433 oz. Thus the net addition to the customer was a very large 952,800 oz of silver.
    There were no adjustments in silver and for that matter, no adjustments in gold.
    There were zero notices sent down in silver even though the open interest rose. Our banking heroes are having fits. ...
    Note we have now crossed the 3 million oz barrier in this the weakest of all delivery months. (Friday's total 2,910,000 oz)
    I am afraid that the end game is being played out and thus expect huge volatility on the comex and also be cognizant of the fact that paper gold and silver will deviate from the real price.
    I urge all of you not to leverage. Take physical position of your metals and do not watch CNBC as they are nothing but a mouthpiece for our bankers.
    http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/2011...-gold-and.html

I would look at the ag ( grains ) ETF like DBA or MOO , they will go up without a raise in gold/silver , if gold/silver go up the ag's will still go up .

nvm
    Last edited by nandnor; 12-06-2018 at 05:52 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nandnor View Post
    Uhh crude production is peaked. oil is the best investment in the world at the moment
    Thanks for the info. I'm not knowledgable on that subject, you would know better than I do. But if prices go much higher, can they do anything else to knock down the prices significantly for a while, like with restricting the futures trading? I assume they will try do that since I keep hearing all this talk that it will threaten the global economy.

What is going on with the paper market guys? Almost all commodities are significantly lower? Is this the paper market imploding?

From what I'm reading, it's blatant manipulation trying to shake weak hands and break interest in the physical stuff. For example, the big move down in silver/gold yesterday took place on the Globex (with fewer participants to counter the naked selling) just after the markets closed in NYC.

Once silver is spot plus 10, 15 $ in premium, you'll know the paper markets are imploding.

I really think they will let it implode once the time is right (for them) because it will scare A LOT of people off as they see the spot price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    What is going on with the paper market guys? Almost all commodities are significantly lower? Is this the paper market imploding?

fall just a but more and I will be buying.

Watch the physical metals and you will see there really isn't much of a drop in the prices.

This is NOT an implosion of any kind. People here really seem to have short memories. PMs can move breathtakingly on a day to day basis. In the crisis of '08, it was not abnormal to see swings of 10%. Please don't get hysterical over a 1.5% move and claim "blatant manipulation."

exactly.

For most of our purposes, reality...the physical metals...are what we are concerned with for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Watch the physical metals and you will see there really isn't much of a drop in the prices.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was asking only because I saw other commodities also going down, not just PMs and so I was wondering what might be the cause of that.

Quote Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
    This is NOT an implosion of any kind. People here really seem to have short memories. PMs can move breathtakingly on a day to day basis. In the crisis of '08, it was not abnormal to see swings of 10%. Please don't get hysterical over a 1.5% move and claim "blatant manipulation."
    Yeah, even if it is "blatant manipulation".

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    I was asking only because I saw other commodities also going down, not just PMs and so I was wondering what might be the cause of that.
    A slowdown in the global economy would cause most or all commodities to fall a bit. If Brazil, India, and China are raising rates, Europe has some kind of austerity measures, that could slow down the economy enough that commodities take a hit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12272717

Hopefully they go down before rebounding. Altho I will be depressed thinking about how I bought all my silver at around $28-9.

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    Hopefully they go down before rebounding. Altho I will be depressed thinking about how I bought all my silver at around $28-9.
    Cars (4 wheels, motor, enclosure) were around $1500 brand new in the 1950's.

Protect your purchasing power. They are stealing from everyone.

Also brought up to me recently: They tax your real estate yearly, but not your precious metals.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Cars (4 wheels, motor, enclosure) were around $1500 brand new in the 1950's.

Protect your purchasing power. They are stealing from everyone.
    And Muscle Magazines can go for around $5 compared to 35¢ in 1954.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast