Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Tate: "We are falling short of our recruitment goal for CPAC"

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I may be geographically ignorant, but is WV in driving distance to DC? So you'd be one of the lower cost chip ins? I mean, heck, one day and a vote is all it takes, I think. (not sure when you have to register / vote but think you can do both Thurs. Unfortunately only Rand is Thurs, I think Ron is Friday. But people were passing info on some cheap hotels, I mean dirt cheap, in the CPAC subsection of the Ron Paul 2012 forum.

I think people with relatively inexpensive expenses in particular should start chip ins because the forum could get more votes sending more of those who live closer than sending fewer who live further, for the same money. But I don't know your situation. Taking off work is a cost, right there, I know. But for others who could manage to go but not the expenses, I think they should start a chip in in Ron Paul forums, the CPAC subforum.
    WV is within driving distance.

If we REALLY wanted to get the best bang for our buck, we should do what YAL didn't. Get a list of their school chapters that are say, within a days drive and charter a few buses. With student tickets at $11 each, we could probably pack the place to vote for $50-60 a head and include transportation, a meal and maybe an overnight if a community center that used to be a school could be found that would rent out their gym for a night. Sleeping bags and pads. UBER CHEAP!

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-22-2011 at 11:50 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Find out when you have to register, if you are going to make that sacrafice, and it sounds like there is only going to be voting for a few hours in the morning Friday so make sure you can make it by that time. (When Ron lost the SRLC straw poll to Romney by one vote, there were actually people who had made it there but too late to register and weren't allowed to vote.) It would be lousy for you to take off work and go to all that trouble, and STILL miss the vote.
    From what I saw on the C4L site, you had to pick up your tickets Wed or Thurs. I guess you have to be registered before Fri if that is in fact the only voting day. Getting full price tickets may be different, but I don't know how much those are. Would be nice if C4L explained some of these things.

-t

i believe you can pick up your tickets either thursday or friday, but friday only for a couple hours

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all about money... I'm positive Mitt presidential is paying his allegiance to attend CPAC, like he did in Iowa 2007-08.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I will say it again ,if they want to meet their recruitment goals . Then have Ron paul announce in the next 1-7 days!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    I will say it again ,if they want to meet their recruitment goals . Then have Ron paul announce in the next 1-7 days!!
    Very true, except that they don't have Ron do anything. Ron does what Ron wants to do.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I agree. John Tate has cried wolf about desperately needing finances on a weekly basis since 2008. I don't trust anything that I see coming from his email account.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I just sent the following email to CPAC at jlogue@conservative.org

I have a number of friends who want to attend CPAC, but only for Friday. They realize they would have to pay for the full conference, but want to make sure they would physically be able to register Friday morning and also want to be able to vote in the straw poll. Would they be able to do that? Last year people could vote Friday morning, but I'm not sure they were able to register then. If they would have to be there by a certain time Friday to make that work, what time would that be?

Thank you!
    I will let you know what I hear back. Mind you, C4L may have its own internal organization issues, but we are more likely to be able to work with them on those to get more people in on Friday, so long as the hotel and conference have the flexibility for that.

The FAQ for CPAC (NOT C4L - which may have its own staffed time restrictions for picking stuff up) says

..., tickets and other registration materials will be available at CPAC 2011 check-in beginning Wednesday, February 10 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, and will continue on Thursday and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on Saturday from 8:00a.m. until 2:00 p.m.

Read More :: http://www.conservative.org/cpac/faq/#ixzz1BsWJPepj
    However, that does not let us know when you can vote.

The FAQ also gives this phone number for questions: (703) 836-8602

****At SRLC Ron lost to Mittens by one vote. We had people there, who just got there too late the last day to register and vote. With their votes, Ron would have won. I don't want that to happen again, at CPAC!!****
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-23-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Very true, except that they don't have Ron do anything. Ron does what Ron wants to do.
    We need ron paul to run to help our revolution! i hope he understands his impact. Honestly i will stay a republican but if Ron paul doesn't run! I will be forced to look outside of the gop. I like gary but i am not 100% sold on him!! The gop better hope Ron paul runs or i expect the gop will fall to obama for a 2nd term!! It truly has become Ron Paul vs Obama republicans in the gop primary!! Ron Paul 2012 ps the gop better make sure Ron Paul runs and wins the nomination kinda like they did mccain!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-23-2011 at 10:58 AM.

I just sent the following email to CPAC at jlogue@conservative.org

I will let you know what I hear back. Mind you, C4L may have its own internal organization issues, but we are more likely to be able to work with them on those to get more people in on Friday, so long as the hotel and conference have the flexibility for that.

The FAQ for CPAC (NOT C4L - which may have its own staffed time restrictions for picking stuff up) says

However, that does not let us know when you can vote.

The FAQ also gives this phone number for questions: (703) 836-8602

****At SRLC Ron lost to Mittens by one vote. We had people there, who just got there too late the last day to register and vote. With their votes, Ron would have won. I don't want that to happen again, at CPAC!!****
    voting is thursday till 5 and only for 2 hrs on friday in the morning it should be on the cpac ticket info thread

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    voting is thursday till 5 and only for 2 hrs on friday in the morning it should be on the cpac ticket info thread
    Someone said that but they said that was last year, I wasn't sure they had actually touched base to confirm it this year. I wanted -- and want --to make sure it is confirmed.

from your link:

Unless CPAC all of a sudden changes the rules this year for one reason or the other, these are the times the straw poll is open......
    I'm trying to find out if it was changed. People at the SRLC thought they could register and vote later than the table ended up being staffed. I can't attend, this year, I might as well try to do something useful....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Someone said that but they said that was last year, I wasn't sure they had actually touched base to confirm it this year. I wanted -- and want --to make sure it is confirmed.

from your link:

I'm trying to find out if it was changed. People at the SRLC thought they could register and vote later than the table ended up being staffed. I can't attend, this year, I might as well try to do something useful....
    kewl i was just posting rph info, let me know what you find out for sure

Business Before Pleasure

I won't be able to have the days off from work to go to CPAC this year, so that's why I'm not going.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

generally speaking, i think we will be ok. the majority of attendees from last year will presumably attend again this year, in addition to a ton of first-time attendees including students like myself
    Also, if my memory serves me correctly, dosent Baltimore/MD have a very active C4L chapter? Would be great to ensure that a majority of them are planning to attend due to the proximity and all...
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I won't be able to have the days off from work to go to CPAC this year, so that's why I'm not going.
    same

To those of you within 2 hours driving distance of D.C.,

Please consider allowing other activists to stay at your home for the duration of the event. There are a lot of people who can afford the ticket and the travel but not the costly hotel stays and that is preventing them from attending. So please be willing to open up your heart and share your vehicle for a couple of days so we can make history and fire the first major shot in this election season.

Plus I am sure whoever you invite into your home will be more than happy to pick up a lot of the gas, parking, tolls, etc in order to get there and so everyone involved can save a few dollars while helping each other out. If we cannot rely on our fellow activists to take care of each other than this movement has a lot bigger problems than just getting Ron Paul a victory at CPAC.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123