Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Tate: "We are falling short of our recruitment goal for CPAC"

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    to be fair, I think CFL is hitting their CPAC target just fine their merely trying to pump up their base and increase recruitment even further (which is a good thing)

I mean, it seems every single email they send out the sky is falling if you don't donate $______ right now....
    Well the sky IS falling in our country, but I see your point.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just booked my hotel room! Can't wait!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just bought 1 adult ticket plus 2 nights in a room with 3 others. I don't know how I'm going to get there, and I don't know what I'm going to eat, as my paychecks don't start until after this event, but I'm sure going to try.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I just bought 1 adult ticket plus 2 nights in a room with 3 others. I don't know how I'm going to get there, and I don't know what I'm going to eat, as my paychecks don't start until after this event, but I'm sure going to try.
    Please tell me you used my last name? :-)
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I got Motel 6 on Ga. Ave. NW

Hey, YAL or CFL should have you speak! And at least feed you for your trouble. I'll look forward to meeting you in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Hey, YAL or CFL should have you speak! And at least feed you for your trouble. I'll look forward to meeting you in any event.
    Glen would be perfect for this event!
    YAL Presents: "Freedom's Rising New Leaders" Maryland Ballroom
    Young Americans for Liberty presents this event as radio host Mike Church, author Jack Hunter, and Congressman Justin Amash discuss the new tide of liberty sweeping the nation.
    Who can contact C4L?

I'll contact someone about Gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    to be fair, I think CFL is hitting their CPAC target just fine their merely trying to pump up their base and increase recruitment even further (which is a good thing)

I mean, it seems every single email they send out the sky is falling if you don't donate $______ right now....
    Couldn't agree more. They never state what their target it. How short they are. How who they have now compared to last time.

I'd guess their target is to get 70% of the vote. It will never be met and was never designed to be met. Seems like we have 4x the support of last time, at least - if we can't meet last times numbers, we are in serious trouble.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Please tell me you used my last name? :-)
    Sorry man, I used Moresco's code. He came down here and broke his back to deliver us the win, you didn't really expect me to dis him in the CPAC ticket drive did you?
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Glen would be perfect for this event!

Who can contact C4L?
    Quote Originally Posted by constitutional_insurgent View Post
    I'll contact someone about Gunny.

LOL thanks guys, that would be awesome I just got done making a pitch for the RLC'ers in this area to bring mad bodies to the 2011 convention cycle, and to learn who the heck Frederick Douglass was. Went really really well.

Honestly, I don't think YAL and CFL really even know who I am yet. On the other hand, I seem to be one of the few, few people that Dr Paul follows on Twitter...

LOL thanks guys, that would be awesome I just got done making a pitch for the RLC'ers in this area to bring mad bodies to the 2011 convention cycle, and to learn who the heck Frederick Douglass was. Went really really well.

Honestly, I don't think YAL and CFL really even know who I am yet. On the other hand, I seem to be one of the few, few people that Dr Paul follows on Twitter...
    check your PM Glen

Thumbs up

Sorry man, I used Moresco's code. He came down here and broke his back to deliver us the win, you didn't really expect me to dis him in the CPAC ticket drive did you?
    I COMPLETELY understand!

I wish I could've done more to help you out in your election.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thanks guys, I don't have a specific ChipIn per se for this event, but I am using my campaign account for the same thing. Not only is it legal, but since I will be expanding my 2012 donor base while at CPAC, it's even appropriate. The Drupal theme ended up breaking, but the site itself still works great. here is the donation address:

http://glenbradley.net/node/17

Than again, thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I COMPLETELY understand!

I wish I could've done more to help you out in your election.
    I do appreciate it Matt, one thing that will help enormously, given that I took the DPNC by surprise in 2010 and they will be coming after me like a freight train in 2012, is to help expand my 2012 donor base...$20,000 is just not going to get the job done in 2012, I have no doubt. So spread the word, I'm gonna need all kinds of help to hang on to this office in 2012.

I know the solution for increasing the recruiting goal for CPAC. I suggest John Tate encourage Ron Paul to announce RON PAUL 2012
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

It is pretty hard for a lot of us to attend this event. I am sure many of us want to, but it is pretty impractial for a lot of us. I for one, live in the West and have limited vacation days to take at work. Flights to the other side of the country are expensive, and hard for many of us to afford, especially with the current state of the economy. To be honest, I am not surprised about the low rate of recruitment.

Hell, Ron came in 2nd in today's straw poll in NH. This should be encouraging news as far as I'm concerned because from what I understand that straw poll was done by the "hardcore" of the republican party up there.. I'm in WV and would love to attend CPAC, but obviously, like most I can't due to my financial situation. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the very same boat. If Ron's thinking his support is dwindling because we're not matching last years numbers he of anyone should know that money is tight these days. Come on Ron lets finish what we started!!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Hell, Ron came in 2nd in today's straw poll in NH. This should be encouraging news as far as I'm concerned because from what I understand that straw poll was done by the "hardcore" of the republican party up there.. I'm in WV and would love to attend CPAC, but obviously, like most I can't due to my financial situation. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the very same boat. If Ron's thinking his support is dwindling because we're not matching last years numbers he of anyone should know that money is tight these days. Come on Ron lets finish what we started!!
    I may be geographically ignorant, but is WV in driving distance to DC? So you'd be one of the lower cost chip ins? I mean, heck, one day and a vote is all it takes, I think. (not sure when you have to register / vote but think you can do both Thurs. Unfortunately only Rand is Thurs, I think Ron is Friday. But people were passing info on some cheap hotels, I mean dirt cheap, in the CPAC subsection of the Ron Paul 2012 forum.

I think people with relatively inexpensive expenses in particular should start chip ins because the forum could get more votes sending more of those who live closer than sending fewer who live further, for the same money. But I don't know your situation. Taking off work is a cost, right there, I know. But for others who could manage to go but not the expenses, I think they should start a chip in in Ron Paul forums, the CPAC subforum.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.

I'm coming from North Carolina, and I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I may be geographically ignorant, but is WV in driving distance to DC? So you'd be one of the lower cost chip ins? I mean, heck, one day and a vote is all it takes, I think. (not sure when you have to register / vote but think you can do both Thurs. Unfortunately only Rand is Thurs, I think Ron is Friday. But people were passing info on some cheap hotels, I mean dirt cheap, in the CPAC subsection of the Ron Paul 2012 forum.

I think people with relatively inexpensive expenses in particular should start chip ins because the forum could get more votes sending more of those who live closer than sending fewer who live further, for the same money. But I don't know your situation. Taking off work is a cost, right there, I know. But for others who could manage to go but not the expenses, I think they should start a chip in in Ron Paul forums, the CPAC subforum.
    WV is within driving distance, but with my wife, kid and mortgage, well I'm not in the best financial shape and taking off work is not going to happen. If voting is on Saturday and someone could pay for gas hell, I'll take a road trip! But I'll be honest, I'd be a hell of a lot more excited knowing that Ron is running instead of thinking that I'll be doing this in an attempt to get him to run which will be no guarantee. If I went, my wife would go also so we'd count for two votes. If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.

If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.
    Collin's, if you have a better handle on the situation pm me.. If this is what it's going to take to get Ron to run and I can vote on Saturday I'll let my wife know and start making plans. I'd just be in and out.. If Ron or Rand ain't speaking on Saturday there is no sense in me hanging around except for meeting some of you guys on the forum which would be pretty cool.

WV is within driving distance, but with my wife, kid and mortgage, well I'm not in the best financial shape and taking off work is not going to happen. If voting is on Saturday and someone could pay for gas hell, I'll take a road trip! But I'll be honest, I'd be a hell of a lot more excited knowing that Ron is running instead of thinking that I'll be doing this in an attempt to get him to run which will be no guarantee. If I went, my wife would go also so we'd count for two votes. If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.
    Voting won't be on Saturday. It will be all day Thursday, and a few hours on Friday morning.

Does anyone know exactly what C4L's ticket sale goal is and how far they are from meeting it?

Hey collins, are you still 6 away? I can't imagine you wouldn't go, rp is such a big part of your life even if you don't get all the numbers you've already gotten enough referrals to get you most of the way there.

Go buddy, i want you to post some pics from the event.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Voting won't be on Saturday. It will be all day Thursday, and a few hours on Friday morning.
    seems he would be best to go reg and vote on thursday and catch rand speaking a lil. the window to vote on friday is smaller though ron paul is speaking friday!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guys, I'm no Matt Collins, but I'm pretty damn hardcore Ron Paul. If this is seriously going to be that close and him winning will depend on whether he runs or not I'll see what I can do about taking off work. I've been devastated reading the reactions to Ron's tone on the Jones show the other day. He's all we got and if he don't run then we're $#@!ed!! Which we are all ready, but with Ron running at least there's a glimmer of hope..

rich34, i dont want your family to suffer though. i love rp too, but your first obligation is to your wife and child as you know. please don't jeopardize that, but if you can make it we would all love your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by college4life View Post
    rich34, i dont want your family to suffer though. i love rp too, but your first obligation is to your wife and child as you know. please don't jeopardize that, but if you can make it we would all love your presence.
    You are correct sir, but honestly, if I went it would be up and back so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. IF I pulled that stunt though, I'd prefer to go on Friday that way I don't have to worry about work the next day since I'm off on weekends. How much money would it cost for two ticket just to get in and vote?

You are correct sir, but honestly, if I went it would be up and back so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. IF I pulled that stunt though, I'd prefer to go on Friday that way I don't have to worry about work the next day since I'm off on weekends. How much money would it cost for two ticket just to get in and vote?
    Find out when you have to register, if you are going to make that sacrafice, and it sounds like there is only going to be voting for a few hours in the morning Friday so make sure you can make it by that time. (When Ron lost the SRLC straw poll to Romney by one vote, there were actually people who had made it there but too late to register and weren't allowed to vote.) It would be lousy for you to take off work and go to all that trouble, and STILL miss the vote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast