Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Tate: "We are falling short of our recruitment goal for CPAC"

John Tate: "We are falling short of our recruitment goal for CPAC"

"CPAC 2011 is only a few weeks, and we are falling short of our recruitment goal. Last year, our movement shocked the establishment when Ron Paul won the Presidential Straw Poll with the largest vote total in its history. This year, they are aware of our presence, and they are planning to bus in hundreds of their blind followers to counter our grassroots energy. If you and I do not redouble our efforts in these last few weeks, I am afraid we will be outnumbered." - John Tate

Register for heavily discounted tickets here: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php (Scroll down)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The last day to buy tickets at the discounted rate, I believe is the last day of the month.

We need to make a major push to get everyone there!

Crap. I was afraid this was what Ron meant about his being ambivalent about running, that he wasn't sure the support was there. A month ago someone at CPAC dismissed the 'boycott' saying they were on track to at least match last year's numbers. If it isn't us getting those tickets, someone else is.

If people would go but for cost,they should start a chip in thread in the Ron Paul 2012 forum CPAC subforum. Several have already been filled.

If you would go if you could but have obligations, look for the chip ins. Also, YAL has a way to donate.

I'm thinking those who were spurred by anger at the bailouts are waiting to see what the new Congress does, and some have calmed down. That can't be us.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Just a few observations...

Does not mention regular rates for tickets or what they will go to after the unspoken day X. Nor does it mention what lodging rates usually are. $1 off is still a discount. People like to know they are getting deals.

Adult tix price is kinda steep. I would actually save money by registering for a 1 credit, throw away something at the local community college and getting a current student ID to get the student price rather than buying an adult tix.

Sponsor reception... main page doesn't list price, page at link for sponsor reception doesn't list price. (By definition, if a place doesn't tell you how much something costs, you can not afford it). Finally, entered that I wanted to buy a ticket and after much searching on the page that asks for bucoo info, I find this hour and a half reception is $175.

The Event calendar does not tell you when you can vote, just when the results will be announced.

There is a RP book signing and it's BYOBook. Hmm, Ron has a new book out and they are not selling them on the spot? - Why?

There is a lot more going on at CPAC, but the events page just tells you about C4L activities.

-t

new book wont be out by then

suppose they should be selling old ones tho

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Just a few observations...

Does not mention regular rates for tickets or what they will go to after the unspoken day X. Nor does it mention what lodging rates usually are. $1 off is still a discount. People like to know they are getting deals.

Adult tix price is kinda steep. I would actually save money by registering for a 1 credit, throw away something at the local community college and getting a current student ID to get the student price rather than buying an adult tix.

Sponsor reception... main page doesn't list price, page at link for sponsor reception doesn't list price. (By definition, if a place doesn't tell you how much something costs, you can not afford it). Finally, entered that I wanted to buy a ticket and after much searching on the page that asks for bucoo info, I find this hour and a half reception is $175.

The Event calendar does not tell you when you can vote, just when the results will be announced.

There is a RP book signing and it's BYOBook. Hmm, Ron has a new book out and they are not selling them on the spot? - Why?

There is a lot more going on at CPAC, but the events page just tells you about C4L activities.

-t
    We will get out the word on when to vote. If no one else pulls it together well before CPAC, I will.

They should stop treating it like a pyramid scheme with promo codes and special discounts/abilities for signing up for things. Nothing is more annoying than getting bugged about making someone else's quota.
    In the end, it's never what you worry about that gets you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Crap. I was afraid this was what Ron meant about his being ambivalent about running, that he wasn't sure the support was there. A month ago someone at CPAC dismissed the 'boycott' saying they were on track to at least match last year's numbers. If it isn't us getting those tickets, someone else is.
    The problem is that without a campaign announcement the excitement won't be there to up the attendance. If Ron announced this week and told everyone they needed to be there, there would be no problem whatsoever getting a turn out.

If Ron doesn't announce until CPAC or after CPAC, there won't be as many reasons for people to attend CPAC, especially considering many of us simply can't afford to be there (but are willing to make the sacrifice for a Presidential campaign). One thing Ron could do would be to say "my decision will depend on the outcome of the straw poll" and THAT will motivate people to get there. Except that it's risky because who knows how many Mormons Mitt will turn out to the event?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
    They should stop treating it like a pyramid scheme with promo codes and special discounts/abilities for signing up for things. Nothing is more annoying than getting bugged about making someone else's quota.
    Allow me to explain it... if I get enough people to sign up using my promo code, then I get a certain amount of money. I can then load up my truck with 3 or 4 other people who can go with me, and I'll have enough money to pay for all of the gas.

If I don't get enough people, then I can't afford to go, and that means other people might not be going because I won't be going on the cheap.

It's kind of like being in a chain gang tied at the ankle to other people. If one person is going to escape the others will follow along. But if one person simply can't then the group won't/can't go.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The problem is that without a campaign announcement the excitement won't be there to up the attendance. If Ron announced this week and told everyone they needed to be there, there would be no problem whatsoever getting a turn out.
    Then there is always the rumor mill - like a little bird told me he was going to announce at CPAC and there was supposed to be an unscheduled event the night of the last day - something about a rented ballroom for the night, a couple of bands and a free open bar...

but then again, my translation abilities of "tweet" are limited, and they could have been telling me there's good worm hunting under that tree over yonder

-t

I think Ron needs to write another book. That will put him at the top of more lists for people that dont visit the forums. Those are the people we really want to have their support.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    I think Ron needs to write another book. That will put him at the top of more lists for people that dont visit the forums. Those are the people we really want to have their support.
    Ron has a book coming out in April or May already.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Then there is always the rumor mill - like a little bird told me he was going to announce at CPAC and there was supposed to be an unscheduled event the night of the last day - something about a rented ballroom for the night, a couple of bands and a free open bar...
    Yeah, remember we are a skeptical bunch. Innuendo doesn't work so well.

Allow me to explain it... if I get enough people to sign up using my promo code, then I get a certain amount of money. I can then load up my truck with 3 or 4 other people who can go with me, and I'll have enough money to pay for all of the gas.

If I don't get enough people, then I can't afford to go, and that means other people might not be going because I won't be going on the cheap.

It's kind of like being in a chain gang tied at the ankle to other people. If one person is going to escape the others will follow along. But if one person simply can't then the group won't/can't go.
    forgot the promo code already and just make a chipin so we can help you get to cpac!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Ron Paul should just announce he is running for president right now.

It's the right thing to do. It's our last chance, and it was fun last time.

It will be fun, even for him.

The national ship is sinking; we need to be trying everything we can.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i was going to go. instead i think ill use the money for money bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by TXcarlosTX View Post
    What? Why? CPAC got so much press coverage last time, and this time we can make a point of preventing booing at the results etc. It's amplifying the effect of your money. Moneybombs will be important, but it seems to be like if Ron can't build credibility at events like this, moneybombs alone won't help him win. We'll need new people for those

I bet you could find someone to ride with from TX and reduce costs...

well moneybombs will not be needed if Ron paul doesn't run. If we want him to run we need to WIN CPAC!! Please consider going! Make a chipin if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    Ron Paul should just announce he is running for president right now.

It's the right thing to do. It's our last chance, and it was fun last time.

It will be fun, even for him.

The national ship is sinking; we need to be trying everything we can.
    While I agree that Ron should run again, I think you seriously over-estimate the level of fun and enjoyment Ron would derive from an exhausting and non-stop campaign schedule, traveling far from both his work and his loved ones, being openly mocked and ignored at debates and candidate forums, and being distorted, demagogued, shamed by association and accused of being evil, racist, anti-semitic, or a cruel social-darwinist in the press for a solid six months, all while trying to run a sub-committee and uphold his responsibilities to the Constitution and his constituents as a US representative. That would be enough to wear down a man half his age - and who can doubt that, if all were well, Ron would rather enjoy his twilight years at home with wife and family, in the home he loves, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren?

Let's not have any illusions about this: the reason Ron is so hesitant to announce another run is that it's a huge and difficult sacrifice, and the enjoyment of some good rallies with enthusiastic supporters really isn't anywhere near enough to make such a thing, on balance, "fun". But I do join you in urging him to make that sacrifice, for liberty and for the Republic.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Like others have said, Ron is likely waiting to see how strong a showing of supporters at CPAC he gets before deciding whether to commit to another difficult race - every dollar you spend to attend CPAC is frankly worth 10 in any hypothetical future money bomb.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    While I agree that Ron should run again, I think you seriously over-estimate the level of fun and enjoyment Ron would derive from an exhausting and non-stop campaign schedule, traveling far from both his work and his loved ones, being openly mocked and ignored at debates and candidate forums, and being distorted, demagogued, shamed by association and accused of being evil, racist, anti-semitic, or a cruel social-darwinist in the press for a solid six months, all while trying to run a sub-committee and uphold his responsibilities to the Constitution and his constituents as a US representative. That would be enough to wear down a man half his age - and who can doubt that, if all were well, Ron would rather enjoy his twilight years at home with wife and family, in the home he loves, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren?

Let's not have any illusions about this: the reason Ron is so hesitant to announce another run is that it's a huge and difficult sacrifice, and the enjoyment of some good rallies with enthusiastic supporters really isn't anywhere near enough to make such a thing, on balance, "fun". But I do join you in urging him to make that sacrifice, for liberty and for the Republic.

great post with a lot of perspective and context. makes one think..
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

I think one of the things that makes us strong is that we make these decisions for ourselves, based on our own values. But I have to say that my suggestion would be to spend the money on the trip. Especially considering this news. The margin between failure and success might be razor sharp. The difference between 900 votes and 1,100 might be the difference between massive success and total failure. Which in turn could be the difference between RP even running or not. I wouldn't be suprised to see this thing be spilt between Mitt and RP by only a vote or two.

i think everyone understands, it just gets annoying, all the spam and such. almost as bad as that patriot poll guy.. gezz
    besides, you somehow made it to Rand/Rons party in DC recently... or was your trip paid for by his campaign?? :P
    When neo-conservatives are prominent ... the people of the United States are bound to feel more insecure than they actually are." - Christopher Fettweis, Threat and Anxiety in US Foreign Policy.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbro2914 View Post
    i think everyone understands, it just gets annoying, all the spam and such. almost as bad as that patriot poll guy.. gezz
    besides, you somehow made it to Rand/Rons party in DC recently... or was your trip paid for by his campaign?? :P
    i would rather have collins spamming all day then not having ron Paul run in 2012!! God forbid we try to win cpac and get as many folks to attend!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-22-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    every dollar you spend to attend CPAC is frankly worth 10 in any hypothetical future money bomb.
    I would tend to agree, except that CPAC is expected to be won by Ron. If Ron loses, especially after winning last year, then that opens the door to the "legitimacy / viability" slams for the rest of the entire campaign.

By not reaching the "recruitment goal" I think they meant :collins: JK

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    By not reaching the "recruitment goal" I think they meant :collins: JK
    bada bing bada bing

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    bada bing bada bing
    Big blimpin'?

to be fair, I think CFL is hitting their CPAC target just fine their merely trying to pump up their base and increase recruitment even further (which is a good thing)

I mean, it seems every single email they send out the sky is falling if you don't donate $______ right now....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast