Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver: From $30/oz to over $500 by 2020

PeacePlan

Silver: From $30/oz to over $500 by 2020

Silver: From $30/oz to over $500 by 2020

(And from $500 to $5000 by 2030!)

Silver Stock Report

by Jason Hommel, January 12th, 2011

Silver: From $30/oz. to over $500 by 2020. In under a minute, I can tell you why that price must happen, and likely when. It seems to me that the public will one day wake up and start buying silver to protect from inflation. Thus, long before, say 10-20% of people buy silver, at least 1% of the American public will buy silver. We can calculate what might happen to the silver price when that happens.

The amount of money in US Banks is about $18 trillion. 1% of that is $180 billion.
    Very little silver is left; it's mostly all been consumed, so most of what is available to buy is the annual new mine supply which is 700 million ounces.

$180 billion is $180,000 million. Divide that by 700 million, and we get an implied price of $257 per ounce. Do the math yourself. I'll wait.

But that price would mean that there is no newly mined silver left over for any industrial use, and that nobody else outside of the USA could buy any of the world's newly mined silver. Clearly that can't happen; those two groups would continue to buy silver, competing to buy, and driving up the price even more.

Thus, silver is very likely to be about $500/oz., by about the time that 1% of the American public wakes up and starts to buy silver. That will be the very beginning of the bull market in silver, when measured by "popular demand" -- and at that price, silver would still be very unpopular.

Just remember these key facts, and don't let anyone, or even yourself, trick you out of this developing bull market in silver. Don't try to time the peaks, don't wait for dips, just buy and hold real silver, not any kind of paper silver promise.

===== Advertisement ======

Call us, the JH MINT, to buy silver! 530 273-8175
    See our prices online here: www.jhmint.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only flaw is if the American public is struggling to feed itself, and investing or doing anything else with silver is way down their list of priorities. Even in that scenario, silver will be valuable, and I definitely am not intending to discourage anybody from getting as much silver as they can right now. It is just that silver may be valued for what it will buy. An ounce of silver will buy a bit more than a 50 lb. bag of wheat. It will be interesting to see if that relationship changes much.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    The only flaw is if the American public is struggling to feed itself, and investing or doing anything else with silver is way down their list of priorities. Even in that scenario, silver will be valuable, and I definitely am not intending to discourage anybody from getting as much silver as they can right now. It is just that silver may be valued for what it will buy. An ounce of silver will buy a bit more than a 50 lb. bag of wheat. It will be interesting to see if that relationship changes much.
    I think what he is saying is that a lot of people will be seeing that it takes 100 dollars to buy that 50 lb bag of wheat and you can still just use 1 oz silver to get it. So people who do have any savings will take it out of banks and get silver just so their savings does not lose value.

This.

Food and energy prices are soaring, and silver/gold are being re-monetized at a similar pace (in relation to paper). All else is deflating or in a bubble set to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    I think what he is saying is that a lot of people will be seeing that it takes 100 dollars to buy that 50 lb bag of wheat and you can still just use 1 oz silver to get it. So people who do have any savings will take it out of banks and get silver just so their savings does not lose value.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

"to over $500 by 2020"

ur kidding right more like by 2013
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

predicting 10 or 20 years down the road in this political environment is nonsense imo. It could happen or it might not.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

PeacePlan

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    predicting 10 or 20 years down the road in this political environment is nonsense imo. It could happen or it might not.
    Predicting price or time is a fools game and by 2020 we may no longer be dealing in dollars as a price point?

Quote Originally Posted by PeacePlan View Post
    ... The amount of money in US Banks is about $18 trillion. 1% of that is $180 billion.
    Very little silver is left; it's mostly all been consumed, so most of what is available to buy is the annual new mine supply which is 700 million ounces.

$180 billion is $180,000 million. Divide that by 700 million, and we get an implied price of $257 per ounce. Do the math yourself. ...
    Uh... His price formula calculates a price for silver assuming that every available dollar in US banks "wants" to buy silver and that's not very realistic.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, he states 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Uh... His price formula calculates a price for silver assuming that every available dollar in US banks "wants" to buy silver and that's not very realistic.

D'oh! Total and complete reading comprehension fail on my part.

So, much like with swallows and coconuts, it's a simple matter of weight ratios. Assume 0.1% investment and you get a price action pretty close to where we are today. The question then, what percent is reasonable? I would posit that as faith in the dollar erodes, the percent will rise.
    Last edited by Bern; 01-13-2011 at 07:11 AM.

why would people buy Silver as an asset/ investment when it has never been used as such? Currently most Silver that has consumed is for industrial purpose not for jewelry or bullion and demand for silver has actually gone down in last couple years where as production has risen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
    why would people buy Silver as an asset/ investment when it has never been used as such? Currently most Silver that has consumed is for industrial purpose not for jewelry or bullion and demand for silver has actually gone down in last couple years where as production has risen.
    Never been used as such? It only costs me $2 to fill my gas tank. 2 Silver Dollars. I saved them from 1960's.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

you bartered with the station owner to take 2 silver dollars to fill your tank?

Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    you bartered with the station owner to take 2 silver dollars to fill your tank?
    I wish it would work that way and maybe someday it will. I first have to take my silver dollars to the local coin shop, sell my coins, cash their check, then fill-up.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Never been used as such? It only costs me $2 to fill my gas tank. 2 Silver Dollars. I saved them from 1960's.
    most people still don't understand this.....
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

And I would be happy to work for $10 per day, pay my own health, disability & liability insurances, waive unemployment benefits, save and invest for my own happiness and retirement ... if only ... if only "they" would let me.

Brother Jonathan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

dude...it was used as such by the gov. until 1964? and it has been continually used as such by certain individuals since then.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

I love how "Barnanke" is pronounce 'Ber-naynk' in these things, and his title is 'The'.

Quote Originally Posted by fj45lvr View Post
    dude...it was used as such by the gov. until 1964? and it has been continually used as such by certain individuals since then.
    But as i said before most of silver consumed is for industrial purpose, if silver prices do raise the amount of silver used in jewelry and bullion decline significantly as people switch platinum or even gold which are easier to maintain (does not tarnish) and harder to fake.

http://www.silverinstitute.org/supply_demand.php

Jeez - I don't think rising silver prices are going to cause investors holding the metal to switch to other investments. If anything, it will likely fuel more demand.

Prepare for the silver paper implosion and the explosion of value for PHYSICAL.

Now that silver is STARTING to go mainstream, along with the JP Morgan lawsuits and manipulation games etc we're going to start seeing MASSIVE ETF sell offs and calls on delivery.

This is going to likely mean a BIG drop in the "official" spot price with a simultaneous launch in price for all physical orders.

Do not be surprised if 2011 is the year of 15$ spot and 50$ physical.
    Do not be surprised if 2012 is the official collapse of paper silver markets, comex defaults and nothing but physical as the "official" price.

Mark my words- there will be a HUGE decoupling in the price of silver. The transition will appear quick and merciless to the untrained eye. To the ones who see it all unfolding, it will appear to be slow, painful and rewarding so long as you stick to your guns.

If silver's offical spot price is 24, 25, 26$ and dealers are asking for 35$ per physical ounce, it will be the beggining of the end for the PM manipulation via paper ponzi schemes. This is the time that speculators will be mercilessly shaken out (morons) and the long term investors in physical are rewarded for their cohones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Jeez - I don't think rising silver prices are going to cause investors holding the metal to switch to other investments. If anything, it will likely fuel more demand.
    Once again my question is what will cause Silver price to raise when most of Silver's demand is for industrial use? Unlike Gold for example. If anything China slows down demand for Silver will plunge couple that with raising Silver production (where as Gold production has declined in last 5 years).

It's remonetization.

Once again my question is what will cause Silver price to raise when most of Silver's demand is for industrial use? Unlike Gold for example. If anything China slows down demand for Silver will plunge couple that with raising Silver production (where as Gold production has declined in last 5 years).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    It's remonetization.
    But even if Silver demand double or thriples for coins it will still won't be half as much as Silver consumed for industrial purpose. You already seeing automotive suppliers reduce the silver content will only increase as price gets higher. My point is Silver price is not as easy to predict as Gold due to the fact it is industrial metal. Any rise in price due to monetization will be offset by decline in industrial usage.

Added: Also if Silver gets to 100/oz and about 1-12 to ratio with Gold why would you countries go for Silver over Gold or even Platinum? Only reason Silver coins where issued was because of price of Gold but once that advantage diminishes it does not make sense to stick with the former.
    Last edited by Jeez; 01-14-2011 at 11:23 AM.

If silver is going from $30 to $500 in ten years, you'd need annualized appreciation of about 36.5% per year and that's buying more silver with the appreciation each year. Good luck with that.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

You'd also have to consider the fact that as the price of silver goes higher mining companies will ramp up extraction/production. So long as the cost of energy/labor to extract silver doesn't rise at a faster rate...

We use floating value currencies as is...why is it all of a sudden a problem to have floating value coinage made from precious metals/commodities?

I'm not sure I am fully understanding you concern,

If/when silver remonetizes (with gold), demand in that aspect will go up way more than 2-3 time...

But even if Silver demand double or thriples for coins it will still won't be half as much as Silver consumed for industrial purpose. You already seeing automotive suppliers reduce the silver content will only increase as price gets higher. My point is Silver price is not as easy to predict as Gold due to the fact it is industrial metal. Any rise in price due to monetization will be offset by decline in industrial usage.

Added: Also if Silver gets to 100/oz and about 1-12 to ratio with Gold why would you countries go for Silver over Gold or even Platinum? Only reason Silver coins where issued was because of price of Gold but once that advantage diminishes it does not make sense to stick with the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    We use floating value currencies as is...why is it all of a sudden a problem to have floating value coinage made from precious metals/commodities?

I'm not sure I am fully understanding you concern,

If/when silver remonetizes (with gold), demand in that aspect will go up way more than 2-3 time...
    My point is if you saying the price will go up because of monetization, Gold will go up more than Silver since the latter is industrial play so you better off with Gold, Platinum etc than Silver. Diversification among PM is key.
    Last edited by Jeez; 01-14-2011 at 12:57 PM.

While I agree that diversification is good and that silver is more volatile, as this remonetization process continues, silver may very well outperform gold by a lot. The industrial uses strip supply and leaves monetary silver more scarce. You can do the rest.
    My point is if you saying the price will go up because of monetization, Gold will go up more than Silver since the latter is industrial play so you better off with Gold, Platinum etc than Silver. Diversification among PM is key.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 01-14-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast