Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gun Owners of America Not Supporting Gun Rights for Legal Resident Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
    Yes they are.

There is no such thing as inalienable rights.

I have already invited my colleagues on this site to prove otherwise.
    Just because short sighted people can try to "vote" their rights away or tyrannical people can "take" rights away does not mean that they are not inherent and inalienable by virtue of the Creator, or, if you don't believe that, by virtue of being born a human being.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would like for this person to prove his god in a court of law.

Stating that "God" has given people rights is a belief, not a fact, and certainly does not pertain to discussions regarding Rights or facts.
    The drafters/signers of the declaration of independence used the word "God". Feel free to substitute "creator" or "mad scientist" or "nature". The points the same. There are some rights that people naturally aspire to regardless of whether or not they were "told" by government that they should have them. Take life for instance. Self preservation is an instinct. And the fact that a right might be infringed on doesn't change the fact that the desire for that right is innate and that an oppressed people will eventually assert it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by virgil47 View Post
    With your line of thinking perhaps we should allow them to vote and run for office including the Presidency.
    really? the Bill of Rights grants people the right to be eligible for political office? the Founding Fathers believe in God given rights as the right to run for political office?

stretching. stop doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    really? the Bill of Rights grants people the right to be eligible for political office? the Founding Fathers believe in God given rights as the right to run for political office?

stretching. stop doing it.
    My point was where do we draw the line? If you are willing to do what it takes to become a citizen you then get the rewards of being a citizen. As far as the right to self defense goes resident aliens do indeed have the right to defend themselves but not with a concealed firearm as that has been historically reserved for citizens. If resident aliens find that objectionable...too bad! If a person has been a green card holder for 30 years they obviously prefer to be a citizen of their country of origin and not of the U.S.

we draw the line at HUMANS HAVING RIGHTS, NOT AMERICANS.

so long as a human is in america legally, citizen or not, he should enjoy his rights.
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toureg89 View Post
    we draw the line at HUMANS HAVING RIGHTS, NOT AMERICANS.

so long as a human is in america legally, citizen or not, he should enjoy his rights.
    So do his "rights" include being the President or a congressman or a senator. No they do not! His "rights "also do not include carrying a concealed weapon. He may purchase firearms and may openly wear them if the state he resides in is an open carry state! Carrying a concealed weapon is not a human right but having a weapon for self defense is. Can you not see the difference between the two?

doesnt the constitution clearly lay out the eligibility requirements to hold office?

and what reasons are there to preclude aliens from concealed carrying? tell me why?

/facepalm

Yes they are.

There is no such thing as inalienable rights.

I have already invited my colleagues on this site to prove otherwise.
    This should prove amusing - if only for 10 or 15 seconds...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LibForestPaul

Legal aliens can not vote. So even if it is a natural right, apparently, natural rights have precedent as being reserved for citizens.

Not sure why you are convinced that voting is a natural right.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

My point was where do we draw the line?

Shall not be infringed.

If you are willing to do what it takes to become a citizen you then get the rewards of being a citizen. As far as the right to self defense goes resident aliens do indeed have the right to defend themselves but not with a concealed firearm as that has been historically reserved for citizens. If resident aliens find that objectionable...too bad! If a person has been a green card holder for 30 years they obviously prefer to be a citizen of their country of origin and not of the U.S.
    "historically reserved for citizens"
    You have a very short view of history.
    Historically, anyone could buy a weapon of any type and carry it in any manner they choose.
    untill 1934. The GCA.
    This was after the Socalist Coup of 1913.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Just because a right is "inalienable" does not mean it is impossible to infringe upon.
    HELLO. Precisely stated.

Most people appear to have very poor language skills, thanks in large part to our fabulous public schools. "Inalienable" does NOT mean "inviolable" as a matter of material possibility, but only as a point of moral, legal, and ethical rectitude. If a man shoots another in the head for no apparent reason, he has violated the victim's inalienable right to life. Having so violated, it does not follow that the deceased's right did not exist. The method of invalid argumentation that holds otherwise does, IIRC, have one of those Latin names that I cannot currently dredge up. By such argumentation I can rob a bank and claim there is no law against which I have acted. Try using such an argument in court and see where it gets you. This is rank, prima facie stupidity of the first order.

In this regard, "inalienable" means that a right cannot be LEGITIMATELY violated by any means whatsoever. It speaks purely to the issue of legitimacy and not to material possibilities.

Some people are so ignorant I cannot help but wonder how they make it from one day to the next without managing to kill themselves accidentally. Seriously, it perplexes me.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Legal aliens can not vote. So even if it is a natural right, apparently, natural rights have precedent as being reserved for citizens.
    Voting is a natural right?

Whatever it is that you are smoking, you probably need to stop.

Some people are so ignorant I cannot help but wonder how they make it from one day to the next without managing to kill themselves accidentally. Seriously, it perplexes me.
    I often wonder that myself.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Shall not be infringed.

"historically reserved for citizens"
    You have a very short view of history.
    Historically, anyone could buy a weapon of any type and carry it in any manner they choose.
    untill 1934. The GCA.
    This was after the Socalist Coup of 1913.
    The second amendment applies to citizens not those that would leech off our society. Don't like the word leech then what else do you call someone that has lived here for 30 years but refuses to become a citizen. Also someone who wants the laws of our country changed to accommodate his desires.

LibForestPaul

Voting is a natural right?

Whatever it is that you are smoking, you probably need to stop.
    So you are saying it is not a natural right. That rulers can self appoint themselves? That I have no say in the authority of the state?

P.S. Don't smoke.

So yes, voting those who have the power of the state behind them is a natural god-given right.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The second amendment applies to citizens not those that would leech off our society. Don't like the word leech then what else do you call someone that has lived here for 30 years but refuses to become a citizen. Also someone who wants the laws of our country changed to accommodate his desires.
    No - his request is for the government to treat him the same as everyone else in regards to a carry permit. Voting is one of the privileges of citizenship. (Art. IV Sec.2) As states determined the qualifications for voting in their respective states ........ now subject to the various Amendments.

Summary - all persons within the US have the same basic rights, legal residents (citizens and non citizen) have additional rights, and citizens have privileges of citizenship (vote and hold office).
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    No - his request is for the government to treat him the same as everyone else in regards to a carry permit. Voting is one of the privileges of citizenship. (Art. IV Sec.2) As states determined the qualifications for voting in their respective states ........ now subject to the various Amendments.

Summary - all persons within the US have the same basic rights, legal residents (citizens and non citizen) have additional rights, and citizens have privileges of citizenship (vote and hold office).
    No his request is to treat him as if he were a citizen with respect to concealed carry. He is requesting something he has not earned.

No his request is to treat him as if he were a citizen with respect to concealed carry. He is requesting something he has not earned.
    Carrying a gun is not a privilege. It is a right. Gun Licensing and CCW permits are an Infringement.
    They are a fully illegal violation of the Constitution. Period.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Carrying a gun is not a privilege. It is a right. Gun Licensing and CCW permits are an Infringement.
    They are a fully illegal violation of the Constitution. Period.
    That is true as far as it goes. That right does not include everyone on earth.

So you are saying it is not a natural right.
    That is precisely what I am saying. Voting is a contractual right that comes with citizenship. Aliens, legal or otherwise, are not allowed to vote or hold public office. Denying them this contractual entitlement does not rob them of any natural right whatsoever.

A "natural" right is an organic right, which is to say a right that is inherent to our fabric as beings. Contractual rights such as voting, are artificial - synthetic in nature and ostensibly arise out of agreement. If tomorrow we tossed out the Constitution and instated a King - an absolute monarch - your voting rights would vanish as if they had never existed, whereas your equal claim to life would remain intact as would all your natural rights. The King might see fit to toss you in a dungeon or behead you, but that would not mean that you forfeited your rights - only that they were forcibly violated.

That rulers can self appoint themselves?
    In principle it could happen. Congress could this very day amend the Constitution to make it so. If the states go along with it, your say in who rules is screwed to the wall like a coon hide.

That I have no say in the authority of the state?
    You do by virtue of a combination of your natural and contractual rights.

So yes, voting those who have the power of the state behind them is a natural god-given right.
    No, it is not. See above.

LibForestPaul

That is true as far as it goes. That right does not include everyone on earth.
    Actually, it does. They are mine when I am born. Every Chinese, American, Indian, Iranian human is born with THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS. And those rights do not change FROM STATE TO STATE.

LibForestPaul

That is precisely what I am saying. Voting is a contractual right that comes with citizenship. Aliens, legal or otherwise, are not allowed to vote or hold public office. Denying them this contractual entitlement does not rob them of any natural right whatsoever.

A "natural" right is an organic right, which is to say a right that is inherent to our fabric as beings. Contractual rights such as voting, are artificial - synthetic in nature and ostensibly arise out of agreement. If tomorrow we tossed out the Constitution and instated a King - an absolute monarch - your voting rights would vanish as if they had never existed, whereas your equal claim to life would remain intact as would all your natural rights. The King might see fit to toss you in a dungeon or behead you, but that would not mean that you forfeited your rights - only that they were forcibly violated.
    LOL Contradicting your own logic.

Actually, it does. They are mine when I am born. Every Chinese, American, Indian, Iranian human is born with THE EXACT SAME RIGHTS. And those rights do not change FROM STATE TO STATE.
    The right to self defense does include everyone however the right to carry concealed does not include everyone. If you feel otherwise feel free to change the existing law but don't be obtuse. A foreign national simply does not have that "right" under our law and no amount of saying "well they should" will make it so.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A foreign national simply does not have that "right" under our law and no amount of saying "well they should" will make it so.
    What about the business owner? Why should someone selling guns be burdened with such regulations? And what about freedom of association? I'm a citizen but what if I happen to hang around an "illegal"? Should I be blind folded and shot for "treason"?

Quote Originally Posted by HazyHusky420 View Post
    What about the business owner? Why should someone selling guns be burdened with such regulations? And what about freedom of association? I'm a citizen but what if I happen to hang around an "illegal"? Should I be blind folded and shot for "treason"?
    What in the he!! does that statement have to do with green card holders being granted concealed carry permits?

What in the he!! does that statement have to do with green card holders being granted concealed carry permits?
    Why should there be permits for carrying weapons in the first place? Unregulated open carry is the only libertarian position.

Quote Originally Posted by HazyHusky420 View Post
    Why should there be permits for carrying weapons in the first place? Unregulated open carry is the only libertarian position.
    I have no complaint with that statement however that is currently the law. If you can change it more power to you!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345