Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAP: Christian persecution

MAP: Christian persecution

Red: forbids the practice of Christianity

Yellow: violence against Christians is endemic

Here's a link to an interactive map mentioned below.
    Last edited by TER; 01-03-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting map, thanks. Would be nice to know where it's from though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEngland View Post
    Interesting map, thanks. Would be nice to know where it's from though.
    http://www.lefigaro.fr/assets/images...ersecution.jpg
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I thought Somalia had no government. How could they forbid a religion?

Now post a map of all the non-Christian countries with inhabitants that were, in the last fifty years (or even 10), killed or maimed by the states of predominantly Christian inhabited countries, or have been in recent decades (or are) being aggressed upon in other ways by same.
    Last edited by robert68; 01-03-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Now post a map of all the non-Christian countries with inhabitants that were, in the last fifty years (or even 10), killed or maimed by the states of predominantly Christian inhabited countries, or have been in recent decades (or are) being aggressed upon by same.
    Yeah, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were started because George Bush hates Islam. Obama really hates the Afghan Muslims, so he increased the troops there.

Now post a map of all the non-Christian countries with inhabitants that were, in the last fifty years (or even 10), killed or maimed by the states of predominantly Christian inhabited countries, or have been in recent decades (or are) being aggressed upon by same.
    I'm not sure how that would be equivalent. This was not a map of oppressive non-Christian regimes, technically. There are areas not pictured on that map where life is not much of a picnic.

The equivalent map would be to post one where a certain religion or having a religion at all is mandatory. That would constitute a ban on being atheist or agnostic.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Yeah, the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were started because George Bush hates Islam. Obama really hates the Afghan Muslims, so he increased the troops there.
    Bush and his supporters certainly have Islam hatred in them, and they helped increase such hatred in the populace after 9/11, to help gain support for those wars. Also, wars like those aren’t possible without significant backing of the citizenry.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is it forbidden in Afghanistan? We pretty much run their government...

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysEpistleReading View Post

Red: forbids the practice of Christianity

Yellow: violence against Christians is endemic
    I was not aware of the Maldives ??

Also, wars like those aren’t possible without significant backing of the citizenry.
    Just as recurrent terrorist actions don't occur without large amounts of people supporting them or sitting back and silently allowing them. I ask again, where are Muslims demonstrations? If such acts where done in the name of Christianity, there would be marches and demonstrations of all types of people, most significantly by Christians themselves. All you hear is Mossad. Impossible that it could be fanatics who believe they are following the teachings of their prophet. Even as they announce it before they carry their murderous deeds.
    +

Just as recurrent terrorist actions don't occur without large amounts of people supporting them or sitting back and silently allowing them.
    Got any evidence of this support? Or is this one of your lies that your mythical Jesus teaches you? By the way how do you silently allow something? Did American Christians silently allow the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children due to sanctions? Where were the demonstrations against such sanctions in America? Is it safe to say that American Christians view the deaths of those innocent children as "worth it" for their Christian leaders? I think it is.

Just remember, only Christians are psychopathic enough to nuke entire cities.

Your whining amuses me, though.
    Last edited by ExPatPaki; 01-03-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Somalia is pretty well run by al Shabbab . They are cut throat murderers . Not sure what veiws they have specifically on other religions , but will tell you the people they are currently killing are of own religion , so I may have a pretty good idea .

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    Got any evidence of this support? Or is this one of your lies that your mythical Jesus teaches you? By the way how do you silently allow something? Did American Christians silently allow the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children due to sanctions? Where were the demonstrations against such sanctions in America?

Your whining amuses me, though.
    I do not consider Jesus mythical .......

Quote Originally Posted by ExPatPaki View Post
    Just remember, only Christians are psychopathic enough to nuke entire cities.
    If Christians followed Christianity correctly, it would not be possible to nuke anything.

Blackwater, led by a Christian crusader whose task was to "eliminate Islam" is responsible for many attacks against innocent Muslims. Where are the protests against Blackwater and Erik Prince in America?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An interactive map of nations where Christianity is restricted: http://www.persecution.com/public/re...m=bWFpbl9tZW51

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    An interactive map of nations where Christianity is restricted: http://www.persecution.com/public/re...m=bWFpbl9tZW51
    Added to the OP. Thanks. Very informative.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I was not aware of the Maldives ??
    Here from the interactive map linked above:
    Maldives is a string of 1,190 islands in the Indian Ocean. Maldivians enjoy many democratic freedoms, with the exception of religion. Islam is the only recognized religion and is strongly promoted. Neither the press nor non-Muslims are allowed freedom of speech. Outsiders are allowed only brief visits to the Maldives, in order to keep their influence on Muslim communities minimal; however, the new president has said he plans to expand tourism to other inhabited
    islands. Ethnicity is linked to religion — Maldivians must be Muslim. A new translation of the Quran into the local language is almost ready. A former president promised that every household in the country would get a copy.

Category: Restricted Nation
    Religion: Muslim 99.41%, Christian 0.10%
    Ideology: Islam
    Head of State: President Mohamed Nasheed

Maldives is one of the least evangelized countries on earth. The 0.10% figure for Christians on the island refers to expatriate Christians. All citizens must be Muslim, and converts lose citizenship. The Maldives’ constitution, ratified August 2008, is based on the common Maldivian assumption that any citizen of the Maldives is automatically a Muslim. It states, “A non-Muslim may not become a citizen of the Maldives.” The constitution also stated “no law contrary to any tenet of Islam shall be enacted in the Maldives.” After the new constitution was approved, several human rights organizations named Maldives as one of the world’s worst in regard to religious freedom. Maldivian believers are carefully watched. They suffer ostracism, and they cannot openly meet together or read the Scriptures.
    +

From the link above:
    Somalia SO

DESCRIPTION Somalia has experienced continuous conflict for more than a decade. A transitional government maintains loose control
    over the capital, Mogadishu. Christians fear that the rise of radical Islam will lead to Shariah law and greater persecution. Islam is the official religion, and there is no official religious freedom. Article 5 of the Somali constitution states: “Promotion of any religion in the territory of Somaliland other than Islam is prohibited. The laws of the nation
    shall be grounded on, and shall not be valid, if they are contrary to Islamic Shariah.”

Category: Restricted Nation
    Religion: Muslim 99.95%, Christian 0.05%
    Ideology: Islam
    Head of State: Transitional Federal President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed

Just one percent of Somalis are Christians — most are secret believers. It is difficult to know the exact number of underground churches. Islamic radicals, who have vowed to wipe out all Somali Christians, have murdered many. Persecution has intensified in the past 15 years. Persecutors are family members, clan members, Islamist extremists and local administrators. Distribution of the Somali Bible is possible only in refugee camps and outside the country. On Aug. 24, 2009, members of the Islamic militant group al Shabaab killed Ahmed Matan, a recent convert from Islam, near the Kenyan border. Other reports of violence against Christians in Somalia include the February 2009 beheading of two sons of a Christian leader and the videotaped November 2008 beheading of a 25-year-old convert to Christianity. Al Shabaab militia shot to death 46-year-old Mariam Muhina Hussein on Sept. 28 in Marerey village after discovering she had six Bibles. She was the leader of an underground church.
    +

Here from the interactive map linked above:
    I saw that , I still learn something every day . I have no real idea how freedom of religion would hurt a place like that ?

I saw that , I still learn something every day . I have no real idea how freedom of religion would hurt a place like that ?
    What are they scared of? People leaving Islam?
    +

What are they scared of? People leaving Islam?
    I cannot make any sense of it . The economy is surely just tourist based ...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's my back-of-the-envelope analysis, based on estimates deliberately chosen to favor the United States. Specifically, I have taken the low estimates of Muslim fatalities, along with much more reliable figures for U.S. deaths.

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/posts/..._past_30_years
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I cannot make any sense of it . The economy is surely just tourist based ...
    The sense that I make out if it is they feel threatened by the Christian faith and they know that freedom of religion only hurts their cause. All across the globe, Muslims are converting to Christianity, especially in Africa (thanks to the internet and free flow of information). By the hundreds of thousands a year. When people truly have a choice in choosing their faith, Islam loses the most. This is why they restrict other religions and why there is so much persecution of Christians in Muslim countries.
    +

The sense that I make out if it is they feel threatened by the Christian faith and they know that freedom of religion only hurts their cause. All across the globe, Muslims are converting to Christianity, especially in Africa (thanks to the internet and free flow of information). By the hundreds of thousands a year. When people truly have a choice in choosing their faith, Islam loses the most. This is why they restrict other religions and why there is so much persecution of Christians in Muslim countries.
    Is growth rate really a good measure of the value of your religion? Despite the fact that it's almost impossible to measure--these stats from a Christian organization conflict with your assumptions (?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_...stian_Database
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Is growth rate really a good measure of the value of your religion?
    Amy, no, I don't value my religion based on numbers. I am asserting the position that when people have free choice to choose a religion, they choose Christianity over Islam more often than the other way around. This, I do value, as should you.

Share with us your reasons as to why the countries above restrict freedom of religion, in some cases just having the Bible is punishable by death?
    +

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Despite the fact that it's almost impossible to measure--these stats from a Christian organization conflict with your assumptions (?).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_...stian_Database
    If freedoms in the world are extended, and every country practiced freedom of religion, then I strongly disagree with this organization's prediction table.

If things stay the same or worsen, than they may be more accurate.
    +

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Good find OP. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Southron; 01-03-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast