Thread: CPAC: It's Not a Schism; Social Cons Still Attending(FRC not involved in CPAC for 10 yrs)

CPAC: It's Not a Schism; Social Cons Still Attending(FRC not involved in CPAC for 10 yrs)

CPAC: It's Not a Schism; Social Cons Still Attending

http://minx.cc/?post=309984

I hate to do another CPAC post for the second day in a row, but instead of doing another "Year in Review" post last night, I played Civ5 and watched the OK State game. So you're getting this instead.

One thing overlooked by some, but not everyone, is that while the groups boycotting CPAC this year are socially conservative, not all socially conservative groups are boycotting CPAC. A glance at the list of participating organizations reveals many are involved, including:

The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property
    Americans United for Life
    Conservative Party USA
    Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
    Christians United for Israel
    David Horowitz Freedom Center
    Let Freedom Ring
    Prison Fellowship

In short, social conservatives are still welcomed at CPAC. Though the Left is gleefully snickering about a conservative crack-up (when are they not?), as usual, reality looks nothing like their claims.

The other thing I want to repeat from yesterday (because I keep seeing this places): Family Research Council did not "pull out" or "quit" CPAC over GOProud, notwithstanding its protestations to WND that it has been involved "for a decade." It hasn't been involved in CPAC for a few years and, in fact, now operates a rival conference, the Values Voters Summit. Though I'm certain FRC genuinely opposes GOProud's participation at CPAC or any other conservative event, FRC wasn't going to participate this year anyway. FRC's role in the boycott appears simply to be to draw groups away from its major competitor.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL!

I hadn't realized they ran value voters' summit. Well, WE don't attend that (at least, in force), so, fine.

VVS is irrelevant (for better or worse). McCain didn't even attend, but yet he got the nomination. They have no force and no influence in the process whatsoever.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    VVS is irrelevant (for better or worse). McCain didn't even attend, but yet he got the nomination. They have no force and no influence in the process whatsoever.
    I assume they just didn't invite us last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    I assume they just didn't invite us last year.
    Ron was there
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Ron was there
    He was there a couple years ago I remember, but not at the previous VVS 2010 I thought?

C4L subsidizes a ton of tickets so it'd be pretty incredible for CPAC to veer away from one of the major funders of ticket sales.

I liked a lot of the groups that were there that I'd never heard of before that were conservative organizations but not authoritarians.

CPAC is as much fun as you want it to be. If you are going to snivel and stew about the few groups who you don't like, then you'll have a miserable time.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    CPAC is as much fun as you want it to be.
    The stories I heard from last year were amazing!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.