Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The Official "I live in the twilight zone" thread

  1. #1

    The Official "I live in the twilight zone" thread

    I had an interaction today- I will share details when I have time tonight or tomorrow.


    I LIVE IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE.


    Please share any such situations. Primarily so that we can figure out ways to snap people out of their cognitive fog.

    Peace.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Lots of instances of me or a friend of mine saying a word and then it immediately being repeated on the radio or television. Many other phenomena has been going on that I cannot logically explain. This is definitely a wild time in the world as the whole world is pretty much bankrupt, but I suspect it is much crazier than the vast majority of people realize. I suspect that I, too, am living in the twilight zone.

    Or maybe I just listen to Alex Jones too much

  4. #3
    So this was my encounter:

    I am talking to my friend. We are sharing worldviews. He is an advocate of socialism. I like free market. He, flat out says...YOU WANT TYRANNY BY FREEING MARKETS. YOU ADVOCATE PUTTING LED IN PAINT OF CHILDRENS TOYS AND STEALING THEIR CANDY IF IT MAKES YOUR COMPANY PROFITABLE...GET EDUCATED.

    Other than not believing that at all...I was a little shocked at his retardation. $#@!in' pompous socialists who think they understand...everything....

    Uh...the forceable removable of people's wage and properly is not tyranny?
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  5. #4
    I have a similar WTF moment that happened to me exactly 9 years ago this month..

    I get a knock on my door from the IRS.....

    IRS: "You owe us a bunch of money"

    ME: "Oh?"

    IRS: "Here on this paper you owe, this, this, and this."

    ME: (I look at paper and see where it clearly shows Ive paid all this money already) "Here you can see I have paid everything."

    IRS: (looks at paper and agrees) "Well look at that.. You have paid everything. Oh well you just didnt fill out the paperwork properly.. IF YOU DONT FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK PROPERLY WE'RE ALLOWED TO ASK FOR THE MONEY A SECOND TIME."

    ME: "But you already got the money. Look at your forms."

    IRS: "Well if people want to send us money, well of course we'll take it. But like I said since the forms weren't filled out properly we can ask for the money a second time."


    Up until that point, I truly thought the government would do the right thing.. That they are here to serve us, etc.. But I found out then that they do not care nor follow any law. They just care about extracting money.


    $#@! them. I hope they all die.

    PS: AS this even unfolded more and became even MORE Orweillian I started researching everything in my spare time.. it wasnt too long that I stumbled into this quiet little republican congressman from Texas named Ron Paul.. And he was the only one speaking about the things I was learning about.

    Rock on Ron.. We need you.
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 12-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.

  6. #5
    Thanks Mike, Keep em coming!

    **queue the twilight zone music**
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  7. #6

    library

    A few years back I went to the local public library to donate a book on liberty. I don't remember which one. They said they would be glad to take it but they would probably just turn around and sell it. Unless they already had a copy.

    "Wait a minute. Did you say that you would only keep it if you already HAVE a copy and if you don't already have a copy you would sell it?"

    "That's right. Because if we already have a copy we already have a catalog entry for it and it is easy to just add a second copy to the record. But if we don't already have a copy it is too much work to make a new catalog entry from scratch so we just sell it."

    Stunned silence.

    I didn't think of it at the time but should have pointed out that such a policy would eventually result in having 10,000 copies of one book. Probably by Newt Gingrich.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    A few years back I went to the local public library to donate a book on liberty. I don't remember which one. They said they would be glad to take it but they would probably just turn around and sell it. Unless they already had a copy.

    "Wait a minute. Did you say that you would only keep it if you already HAVE a copy and if you don't already have a copy you would sell it?"

    "That's right. Because if we already have a copy we already have a catalog entry for it and it is easy to just add a second copy to the record. But if we don't already have a copy it is too much work to make a new catalog entry from scratch so we just sell it."

    Stunned silence.

    I didn't think of it at the time but should have pointed out that such a policy would eventually result in having 10,000 copies of one book. Probably by Newt Gingrich.
    I had the same experience when I wanted to donate a copy of The Revolution, A Manifesto, even though the Des Moines Public Library didn't even have a copy.

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Why am I not surprised that public workers don't want to do work to make their environment better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    A few years back I went to the local public library to donate a book on liberty. I don't remember which one. They said they would be glad to take it but they would probably just turn around and sell it. Unless they already had a copy.

    "Wait a minute. Did you say that you would only keep it if you already HAVE a copy and if you don't already have a copy you would sell it?"

    "That's right. Because if we already have a copy we already have a catalog entry for it and it is easy to just add a second copy to the record. But if we don't already have a copy it is too much work to make a new catalog entry from scratch so we just sell it."

    Stunned silence.

    I didn't think of it at the time but should have pointed out that such a policy would eventually result in having 10,000 copies of one book. Probably by Newt Gingrich.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  12. #10
    I was a a deli part of a store and I said how much I wanted , she put too much on and then threw away the extra, I was shocked and about to leave, is this normal?

  13. #11
    Lol...sucks that there was food wasted but you cannot take food off one order to "save" it for another...Bad for business.

    Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    I was a a deli part of a store and I said how much I wanted , she put too much on and then threw away the extra, I was shocked and about to leave, is this normal?
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    I was a a deli part of a store and I said how much I wanted , she put too much on and then threw away the extra, I was shocked and about to leave, is this normal?
    Yes. Once the food has been touched by the server, it is either given to the customer or thrown away for fear of contaminating the rest of the food.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    ... Other than not believing that at all...I was a little shocked at his retardation. ...
    lol. I had a conversation recently on another forum with a guy who generally leans Republican (not "conservative"). Anyway, the discussion topic stemmed from the BATF efforts to force gun dealers near the Texas border to start new reporting requirements for multi-gun sales. This guy made the convoluted argument that people should be restricted from owning guns because having one makes them more likely to be shot by authorities! It was a Herculean display of stupidity that caused many jaws to shatter on impact with the floor.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

    Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

    Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

  16. #14

    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    lol. I had a conversation recently on another forum with a guy who generally leans Republican (not "conservative"). Anyway, the discussion topic stemmed from the BATF efforts to force gun dealers near the Texas border to start new reporting requirements for multi-gun sales. This guy made the convoluted argument that people should be restricted from owning guns because having one makes them more likely to be shot by authorities! It was a Herculean display of stupidity that caused many jaws to shatter on impact with the floor.
    That argument was not unique to him. I heard the same thing from someone here. So I said "Your suggesting that if we all give up our ability to defend ourselves then maybe the government thugs will be nice to us instead of beating us up and killing us?" She didn't want to agree with that statement, but it was the essence of what she was saying.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

    "Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

    "Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

  17. #15
    Aquaintance just told me that FISCAL conservatives are NAZI's.

    Incredible. He goes to one of the top Universities in the world and the #1 Uni in Canada.

    INCREDIBLE.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

  18. #16
    When I quit my last job, my last boss said to me "I didn't know you wanted a promotion!", to which I had to reply "What person doesn't want a promotion?".
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    I live on a street called Maple Street, and today everyone's power went out. We sent Pete Van Horn to go over the next street to see if they still had power. Then this kid was rambling about aliens, and next thing I know everyone is going crazy and accusing me of being an alien. Then we saw an "alien" walking toward us down the street and the dumbass Charlie shot him. The "alien" was Pete Van Horn.

    Chaos ensued. Man I really feel like I was in the Twilight Zone.
    Last edited by Son of Detroit; 01-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post
    I live on a street called Maple Street, and today everyone's power went out. We sent Pete Van Horn to go over the next street to see if they still had power. Then this kid was rambling about aliens, and next thing I know everyone is going crazy and accusing me of being an alien. Then we saw an "alien" walking toward us down the street and the dumbass Charlie shot him. The "alien" was Pete Van Horn.

    Chaos ensued. Man I really feel like I was in the Twilight Zone.
    For Real ?

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post
    I live on a street called Maple Street, and today everyone's power went out. We sent Pete Van Horn to go over the next street to see if they still had power. Then this kid was rambling about aliens, and next thing I know everyone is going crazy and accusing me of being an alien. Then we saw an "alien" walking toward us down the street and the dumbass Charlie shot him. The "alien" was Pete Van Horn.

    Chaos ensued. Man I really feel like I was in the Twilight Zone.
    I swear I was thinking about this episode all weekend because that's exactly how all the media people were acting about the shooting in AZ - all scared and accusatory and they just couldn't stop pointing fingers and hurling blame! MONSTORS! I keep trying to wish them into the cornfield but it hasn't worked!
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-11-2011 at 10:13 PM.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    I was a a deli part of a store and I said how much I wanted , she put too much on and then threw away the extra, I was shocked and about to leave, is this normal?
    I know that at Taco Bell the workers get a bonus for saving toppings (ie not wasting cheese and lettuce). They go by the amount of tacos and what should be used per taco and how much they have left over.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  24. #21
    Want to go to the twilight zone? Spend some time at a parents message board or birth board. It will make you want to move to a deserted island, trust me.



Similar Threads

  1. Tampa - No more "clean zone." Now it's an "event zone"
    By MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 07:05 AM
  4. Twilight Zone or Phantom Zone Request
    By reduen in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM
  5. The Official "Million Dollar" Ron Paul Thermometer Update Thread
    By SouthernGuy15 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •