Thread: Feds Force Okla. Bank To Remove Crosses, Bible Verse

Feds Force Okla. Bank To Remove Crosses, Bible Verse

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    srs?
    This empire, unlike any other in the history of the world, has been built primarily through economic manipulation, through cheating, through fraud, through seducing people into our way of life, through the economic hit men. I was very much a part of that.

-- John Perkins

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

--Mark Twain

And the survey says,

Do you think the Federal Reserve overstepped its bounds when it asked an Oklahoma bank to remove symbols of Christianity?

Yes 4,557 95%
    No 241 5%
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And the survey says,

Do you think the Federal Reserve overstepped its bounds when it asked an Oklahoma bank to remove symbols of Christianity?

Yes 4,557 95%
    No 241 5%
    I say , tell the Fed to go all over rural Oklahoma and take down the Christmas decorations themselves : )

You guys need to ease up; destroying the dollar gets old after a while.

Looks like the Fed backed down:

http://www.koco.com/news/26174152/detail.html

After Outcry, Feds Back Down; Banks Can Display Crosses
    Second-In-Command Of Federal Reserve Calls Bank Late Thursday

POSTED: 1:06 pm CST December 17, 2010
    UPDATED: 8:04 pm CST December 17, 2010
    PERKINS, Okla. -- The small-town bank in Oklahoma will be able to restore its Christian signs and symbols after all, thanks in part to public outcry against the Federal Reserve.

The president of Payne County Bank, Lynn Kinder, said he spoke with the second in command at the Federal Reserve late Thursday evening. Both sides agreed to work out the issue.

"The federal reserve immediately took action, " Kinder said in a statement. "And allowed us to restore our Christian display of items and verses on our television and website until a final determination is made. It appears that the matter will be resolved."

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Looks like the Fed backed down:

http://www.koco.com/news/26174152/detail.html
    Good. As far as I'm concerned, the more public relations disasters the Fed blunders into, the better!
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by inkblots View Post
    good. As far as i'm concerned, the more public relations disasters the fed blunders into, the better!
    lol

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Banks are private institutions.

That said, this is the work of overzealous inspectors, not "The Fed" who worked to correct the problem.

This is one of the stupidest things I ever heard.

Don't dollar bills say "In God We Trust" on them?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Apparently a couple of Senators got all fired up about it and the Feds relented.

Because the Fed is, after all, totally autonomous. http://newsok.com/feds-relent-on-ban...rticle/3524798

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Apparently a couple of Senators got all fired up about it and the Feds relented.

Because the Fed is, after all, totally autonomous. http://newsok.com/feds-relent-on-ban...rticle/3524798
    Ha ha ha. Oh, it's so funny watching people (most of whom, incidentally, seem to come from Wall Street) make that claim with a straight face.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post

Well, that wording could apply to almost any religion. At least Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism.

God is not religious.
    Member of Ron Paul Forums Double Flat Tariff Only Society - Working towards eliminating all the foreign producer/outsource subsidizing internal federal taxes in favor of an across the board flat tariff applied equally to every country and every product.

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    God is not religious.
    Indeed.

Bhagavad Gita Ch. 18 Text 66: Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Well, that wording could apply to almost any religion. At least Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism.
    I guess. I guess I'm just annoyed that anyone would be offended by that. Live and let live people.

The guy that owns the Quizno's I always go to is Hindu. He has up Hindu religious symbols and I only recently noticed and still don't give a crap. People need to get a life and stop worrying about petty bull$#@! that doesn't effect them.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems rather absurd to be slapping up crosses all over a bank, but maybe that brings in the business of the rural Bible belt yahoos?

In any event, the Federal government should not be involved.

Nor should they be putting "In god we trust" on bank notes.

Illegally, yes.

From Bouvier's Law Dictionary, the first comprehensive legal definitional source for American legal terms...

ESTABLISH... 4. To found, recognize, confirm or admit; as, congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.
    http://www.constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_e.htm

Both our replacement Motto and adjusted Pledge, both circa 1950's, are both Constitutionally illegal in their current forms.

Congress has been stepping on our Constitution for some time now. Replacing our original, Founder crafted Motto, "E Pluribus Unum", at the behest of religious special interest groups, is but one example.

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    God is not religious.
    The only basis for your god IS religion. Without religion, no deity would exist.

BTW, again from Bouvier's...

RELIGION. Real piety in practice, consisting in the performance of all known duties to God and our fellow men...
    http://www.constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_r.htm

Dedicating this Nation to the god of Abraham is certainly an establishment of religion.

I guess. I guess I'm just annoyed that anyone would be offended by that. Live and let live people.

The guy that owns the Quizno's I always go to is Hindu. He has up Hindu religious symbols and I only recently noticed and still don't give a crap. People need to get a life and stop worrying about petty bull$#@! that doesn't effect them.
    I agree with you, as far as private property is concerned.

I agree. As long as no one is using force for conversion, it's fine. It would be nice to see more tolerance and respect between religions.

I agree. As long as no one is using force for conversion, it's fine. It would be nice to see more tolerance and respect between religions.
    Yes

We can start by returning the National Motto and Pledge of Allegiance to their original forms, instead of the Christian prayers that are the current versions in place now.

Respect is a two way street, and so far non-Christians are on the smelly end of that stick.