Thread: Brokers Similar to Schiff's EuroPac?

Brokers Similar to Schiff's EuroPac?

Anybody know of any brokers similar to or better than Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital?

I have been very disappointed in my interactions with them thus far. They have terrible customer service from what I can tell and they did not execute some purchases I asked them to make (without my knowledge). This cost me some huge gains and they refused to rectify the situation even when I provided dated proof of when I asked my broker to make the purchases. I want to stay out of the U.S. dollar and have the majority of my savings in gold/silver but I want to start diversifying more into equities.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honestly, if you think you have a good idea as to what to do, you should just invest yourself. you will save yourself a to in fees.

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    Honestly, if you think you have a good idea as to what to do, you should just invest yourself. you will save yourself a to in fees.
    Well, while they do charge some fees I think one of the advantages of EuroPac seems to be that they trade directly on foreign exchanges. That way I don't get hit with extra costs from a market maker in the U.S. like trading through a lot of places would probably result in.

I'm not sure how I can buy foreign stocks without the assistance of some kind of broker. If anybody has some ideas on this or different brokers to use I would appreciate it. I've been doing some searching and have come up with nothing.

Go tear through the list of stocks owned by one of his funds on either morningstar.com or finance.google.com and I'll bet most any broker will let you trade them for <$25 round trip. I bet a bunch are on the TSX (Canadian miners) or ADRs listed on the NYSE/PinkSheets.

What about Larry lepard's ema2.com?

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    What about Larry lepard's ema2.com?
    You probably have to be an accredited investor. $200k in annual income or $1M in net worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    You probably have to be an accredited investor. $200k in annual income or $1M in net worth.
    Yeah, definitely not there yet. I tried going to his site and it looks like you have to have an account to even browse the website.

Lots of online places do everything you want - international stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, and currencies, as well as precious metals. Here are some starting points where I've noticed fees that trend low.

ETrade has a tutorial on international investing. They also do ETFs, stocks, bonds, precious metals, and banking.

Vanguard has international mutual funds and ETFs.

Fidelity has extraordinarily low fees for storage of precious metals. This is very useful for IRAs in particular, which you inherently cannot keep at home.

With Everbank, you can have bank accounts and CDs denominated in foreign currencies. You can also do trading in foreign equities. And they do precious metals, including delivery.

Mutual funds and ETFs are easy. Remember too that many foreign companies trade on American stock exchanges. For example, Baidu, which is a Chinese company, trades on NASDAQ as BIDU.

It really isn't too hard to do on your own without a broker doing all your management. Good luck!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.