I think a political round-up might be great. Not just Ron Paul specific, it could also focus on people like Walter Jones, Justin Amash, Jason Chaffetz, etc. While it is early in the season it could be once a week or twice a week.
Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.
I think the front page should be things that the forum format doesn't excel at.
Right side (maybe 1/4 page width)
- I feel like freedom watch is such a huge accomplishment of the liberty movement. I think there should be some type of youtube feed with the latest episode showing.
- I could see a Schiff Radio widget underneath that with the upcoming show information / guests
- I could also see an upcoming book release / bomb widget (complete with Amazon affiliate link for forum revenue generation)
- Feed for MSM media related stories
Center (majority of width)
-I think should be the action center. I think moderators (or volunteers) should update this daily with things to do to help our cause. Visit this link. Vote in this poll. Donate $2 here. Promote this event. etc Submissions could be made to a specific email address that each moderator has access too.
Left side (small column)
Buttons leading to various things people have mentioned. It would take alot of work, but could be great resources for all: Ron Paul's Positions (including tags and references), Common misconceptions (including retorts), grassroots accomplishments (complete with pictures and video), active meetups (Liberty Forest Meetups could be the new RP meetup), and finally links to our brother / sister organizations.
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito
Definitely Ron Paul centric. His recent media appearances, press releases, and speeches should get highest priority.
Besides that, major things related to CFL, YAL, or other similar groups should sometimes make the front page.
Other candidates or politicians (even "liberty" candidates/politicians such as Rand or Amash) should seldom get front page status, unless it is really awesome. They create too much division.
If RP runs in 2012 then this should change to more RP-activism centered topics.
Just my thoughts. I'm sure whatever admin decides will be good.
i'd love to not have a huge list of articles/blogs/etc. Everyone is talking about organizing the grassroots. You've got a page a thousand+ people will view multiple times a day. Use this opportunity and keep it simple.
hahah... ads are ok though I say go for it and put some google love up there eventually.
gotta get payed yo
regulations that protect property, contracts, liberty, and the individualI'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.
Something less cluttered.
1. The colors need to be darker, they are too light. Like AF said in a post, they hurt your eyes. I have good eyes too, I'm not sure if others agree and aren't saying anything or adjusting their monitors? It's the shade/tint I think...can't tell without seeing an old vs. new version.
Edit: I think that front page will come together in time, and may attract people who want news, so I edited my post.
Last edited by Michigan11; 12-16-2010 at 08:16 AM.