Thread: I do not think Obama is a lost cause

Arklatex

Lightbulb I do not think Obama is a lost cause

I have faith that Obama is from my same creator and he does have good in him.

He is playing a tough roll and has many decisions to make, is there not always surprises?

Soon I will write him a letter and encourage him, what are the chances it gets to him? Maybe if we all mailed one would get through.

May he not be seeing the light slowly that the views of Liberty, Ron Paul and the Constitution are exactly what we need? He is smart, have a little faith. Maybe it would help if all us "Tea Baggers" reached out to him. Encourage him in liberty we should. Were many of us not once brainwashed Neocons, Green Partiers and Dems who discovered the truth? Warm letters from us could help, while ofcourse, pointing out the circus of our world honestly. He may agree much more personally than he can let show in statements at this time. What if we could influence a major decision he is to covertly make on his own and pulls a maverick move on the inside, behind the scenes, that not even the powers that be or we are imagining possible.

Why not? We live in extraordinary times.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you Joking?
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Arklatex

An optimist with large imagination? Yes. Joking? not entirely.

Arklatex has a lot to learn

Arklatex

That is true; one of my most advanced lessons thus far is the most unimaginable is always possible. Have you not learned that yet low preference guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    one of my most advanced lessons thus far is the most unimaginable is always possible.
    Dude, if that's your most advanced lesson, then it's obvious you haven't learned much. You're like one of those millions of kids out there that want to grow up to be astronauts. Is it possible? Of course. Now tell me, although it's possible, how many of these kids actually go to outerspace?

Obama relishes power, and he's currently living his fantasy. The sort of redemption, courage and integrity you're looking for in the man is only likely to be brought on by a head injury. Best to focus your efforts on getting someone honest into office in 2012

Quite a few of us forum posters are already in outerspace, dude! :P

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was bought and paid for a long time ago. He's just the middle man between us and our owners, unfortunately he works for our owners.
    As long as you let government spend your money, they will always spend it on those who lobby for it over those who vote for it because they lied to you to get it, and they will spend it on those who best enable them to keep lying and spending your money.

Arklatex

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
    kids out there that want to grow up to be astronauts. Is it possible? Of course. Now tell me, although it's possible, how many of these kids actually go to outerspace?
    You prove variability. While the kid expected to an astronaut he turned out to be a scuba diver. Or while everyone expected him to be a mechanic he did indeed make it to space. There are degrees of possibilities, you can always bet the stud horse but does not that 100-1 horse come in sometimes?

Also you drastically underestimate my level of awareness my friend, but that is fine.

Arklatex

Thread failed? Never before I have received so many replies!

Obamas top contributors of the 2008 presidential election:

University of California $1,591,395
    Goldman Sachs $994,795
    Harvard University $854,747
    Microsoft Corp $833,617
    Google Inc $803,436
    Citigroup Inc $701,290
    JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
    Time Warner $590,084
    Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
    Stanford University $586,557
    National Amusements Inc $551,683
    UBS AG $543,219
    Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
    Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
    IBM Corp $528,822
    Columbia University $528,302
    Morgan Stanley $514,881
    General Electric $499,130
    US Government $494,820
    Latham & Watkins $493,835

Bought and paid for!

i wonder if the jews in germany also said that they had hope for hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by akforme View Post
    He was bought and paid for a long time ago. He's just the middle man between us and our owners, unfortunately he works for our owners.
    That's right, we can't influence his ideology b/c he has no ideology (except for big government).

I like your idealistic idea arklatex.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can't convert by a letter writing campaign someone as ideologically driven as Obama. He has proven time and time again that he will set the will of the people aside to further his statism, in true authoritarian fashion.

I appreciate all of the kids coming to the Ron Paul Revolution from the left (mainly on the war issue), but I think the majority of them are vastly confused. It stems from an incorrect view of man and an incorrect view of what Liberty is.

-Liberty is NOT a state endorsement of gay marriage. That is just a different kind of authoritarianism.

-Liberty is NOT forcing the teaching evolution to kids in public school, rather Liberty is when the atheist stands side by side with the Christian homeschooler and demands that the statism-indoctrinating public school system be brought down.

-Liberty is not the federal government's endorsement and forced taxation for abortion. That is the opposite of Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I like your idealistic idea arklatex.
    It's downright quixotic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
    Dude, if that's your most advanced lesson, then it's obvious you haven't learned much. You're like one of those millions of kids out there that want to grow up to be astronauts. Is it possible? Of course. Now tell me, although it's possible, how many of these kids actually go to outerspace?
    You do realize that the entire premise of Austrian economics is built from that simple fact, right? In fact, so is a foreign policy of non-intervention. We can never omnisciently say what will happen. Understanding this concept of faith does not mean you ignore what is staring you in the face, it only means you can only put so much stock in what seems to be reality.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    You do realize that the entire premise of Austrian economics is built from that simple fact, right? In fact, so is a foreign policy of non-intervention. We can never omnisciently say what will happen. Understanding this concept of faith does not mean you ignore what is staring you in the face, it only means you can only put so much stock in what seems to be reality.
    To think that the Austrian School placing faith in the market place is the same as thinking Obama is not a lost cause is like night and day. Austrians at least use examples of the past (and sometimes present) to explain market mechanisms. Was there ever an example in history where a far left, democratically elected president suddenly changes course halfway through his term towards a free market? Obama has stated that he rejects the whole idea of the a limited government by saying that the Constitution is flawed because it doesn't allow for redistribution of wealth. He's not coming around. Anyone who still has faith in him is a fool.