Thread: Portable Fast Water Purifier

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i want one!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Interesting. Amazon.com has them. The comments/reviews are interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/Lifesaver-Bott...2169005&sr=8-2

I would love to get something like this, but it seems every water filtration system I see "expires" after a certain amount of uses, which seems like quite a significant strike against them to me. Is this figure just a sales trick, like with expiration dates on medications and vitamins, or is there a real reason why these have to be replaced after a while?
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I would love to get something like this, but it seems every water filtration system I see "expires" after a certain amount of uses, which seems like quite a significant strike against them to me. Is this figure just a sales trick, like with expiration dates on medications and vitamins, or is there a real reason why these have to be replaced after a while?
    first, filters get filled with contamination. cleaning the filters can often destroy the mesh that prevents smaller organism from passing through.
    you may be able to clean the filter, but for liability purposes, a lifetime for safe use is given. same as medications.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

waterwise 1600 is what everyone should have, its a water distiller that you can put on a campfire and make anything from mud and salt water to urine drinkable

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    They are full off all the stuff that has been filtered.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    waterwise 1600 is what everyone should have, its a water distiller that you can put on a campfire and make anything from mud and salt water to urine drinkable
    I love distilled water...there's such a huge difference

unfortunately my water distiller broke
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Interesting, but I'll stick with my katadyn pocket filter. It'll be at least another 12,000 gallons before I even have to replace the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Interesting, but I'll stick with my katadyn pocket filter. It'll be at least another 12,000 gallons before I even have to replace the filter.
    yeah i have the ceramic katadyn myself!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    I love distilled water...there's such a huge difference

unfortunately my water distiller broke
    any other water distiller you suggest?
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Berkey Website for what it is worth:

With respect to the healthfulness of the water, most health experts that are up to date on current research are no longer recommending drinking RO or distilled water on a long-term basis because these methods remove all the beneficial minerals from the water making the water an acidic "hypotonic" solution. A chemist will tell you that any time a hypotonic (de-mineralized) solution comes into contact with a "hypertonic" (mineralized) solution, the minerals within the hypertonic solution will transfer out and into the hypotonic solution until equilibrium is achieved. What this means is simply that when one drinks hypotonic water, the minerals in the blood and lymphatic system, which are hypertonic, transfer into the hypotonic RO or distilled water that is consumed and the minerals are flushed out of the body upon urination.

In an effort to re-mineralize, the blood and lymphatic systems then begin to scavenge for minerals from other parts of the body, such as bones and other organs, and this process repeats itself every time de-mineralized hypotonic water is re-consumed. Several studies suggest that people who drink de-mineralized water (hypotonic) over a long period of time tend to be more prone to degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis.