Thread: Bunning Bids Farewell to the Senate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

thanks for posting this.. was wanting to see it.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Fun w/ entitlements start @ 11:00
    Healthcare bill @ 14:00
    FinReg @ 15:40
    Fed & cheap money !!! @ 18:00
    Dollar collapse @ 20:40
    Summary @ 22:00

MILTON FRIEDMAN: "We do not influence the course of events by persuading people that we are right when we make what they regard as radical proposals. Rather, we exert influence by keeping options available when something has to be done at a time of crisis."
    TACITUS: "Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
    TEAM AMERICA: "America, FUCK YEAH!"
    ENGINEERNJ: "You've got one 75-year-old man trying to keep 300 million people from going down the toilet."

I don't know much about Bunning, but I did like him from what I did know. I remember him taking a principled stand against one bill (although I don't remember which one, it might have been unemployment benefits), even though almost everyone else voted for it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Bunning was one of those old guard fiscal conservatives. He could have easily endorsed the establishment candidate in Greyson, but he went out of his way to support Rand as "the only true conservative" in the race.

There were some things that I liked about him, but some things I didn't.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]