Thread: Should i Invest?

Should i Invest?

I have 3000 in a bank and i hear a lot about saving dollars will get wiped out due to inflation. What should i do? Invest? I don't know anything about investing. So where should i start? I own like 3 silver coins, but i have used some money to start growing food and raising animals so i am trying to find ways to either save or make wealth. Any advice would be helpful.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

real stuff

I suggest you invest in the tools and supplies you will need to help you make a living in the coming time of austerity.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I suggest you invest in the tools and supplies you will need to help you make a living in the coming time of austerity.
    Thanks, anyone else?

and

and maybe some junk silver coins
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    and maybe some junk silver coins
    What are junk silver coins? all i know is that they have a certain % of silver.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    What are junk silver coins? all i know is that they have a certain % of silver.
    Yes, pre-64 dimes and quarters are 90% silver. I second the "tools" suggestion. Stocking up on food is probably not a bad idea either. Basically anything and everything tangible will continue to increase in price (as measured in dollars).

[QUOTE=gls;3020441]Yes, pre-64 dimes and quarters are 90% silver. I second the "tools" suggestion. Stocking up on food is probably not a bad idea either. Basically anything and everything tangible will continue to increase in price (as measured in dollars).[/QUOTE]

And in value as demand outpaces supply.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Guns!
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    Guns!
    Love the signature.

Guns!
    Already own a Glock 21, 20G shotgun, and a AK-47. Also own a recurve bow just in case. Buying lots of ammo already so i'm pretty protected psychically

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    Love the signature.
    i was dead serious about the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamShrugged View Post
    Already own a Glock 21, 20G shotgun, and a AK-47. Also own a recurve bow just in case. Buying lots of ammo already so i'm pretty protected psychically
    do you have a bullet proof vest? assault helmet? aimpoint or eotech for faster tactical engagement? Then train, train, train.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

Prior to investing I would try to be sure you have enough money put aside to be able to pay all your bills for 9 months to a year should you lose your income source (used to say about six months but the unemployment will stay about where it is for several years and finding a replacement job will take longer).

i was dead serious about the guns.

Do you have a bullet proof vest? Assault helmet? Aimpoint or eotech for faster tactical engagement? Then train, train, train.
    sir! Yes! Sir!:d

First, I would have atleast 9 months to a year of cash, gold, silver available before you consider investing. Emergencies always happen, so why go into debt, paying high interest when you can use your own funds.

Secondly, do not invest until you know what you are doing. I suggest you do a lot of reading before you make any investments. You should know how to read income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and be able to read 10K, 10Qs, etc.

You will lose your hard earned money if you don't know what your doing and that violates one of the investing ten commandments.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by psi2941; 12-08-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    First, I would have atleast 9 months to a year of cash, gold, silver available before you consider investing. Emergencies always happen, so why go into debt, paying high interest when you can use your own funds.

Secondly, do not invest until you know what you are doing. I suggest you do a lot of reading before you make any investments. You should know how to read income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and be able to read 10K, 10Qs, etc.

You will lose your hard earned money if you don't know what your doing and that violates one of the investing ten commandments.
    what are some good start off books to help learn how to invest?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.