Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING! Julian Assange Arrested By British Authorities

BREAKING! Julian Assange Arrested By British Authorities

YouTube - BREAKING! Julian Assange Arrested By British Authorities

Bring The Code !!!!
    Lets open these "Insurance" documents

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110
    Hope they don't waterboard you dear Julian....
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

"Highly unpopular in the united states..."

Unpopular with the elites... not with the population...

-t

"Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by nbruno322 View Post
    LOL! - dang! - those cartoonists are fast!

-t

Assange seems very interested in martyrdom (or patriotic depending on your use of the word). Is this another trap to expose a "free speech deficit"? I hope he's calculated what he's doing correctly... He may be one of the most important figures in coincidentally pushing libertarian ideals into government. Though... Any nation not hopeless would've impeached Clinton by now, so.... maybe not. :/

If nothing else, this is an interesting story -- we the living are likely going to be some of the only people to ever hear of this.

Someone have Assange's reasoning in turning himself in?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post

it's all a game don't you know

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Is he:
    • trying to avoid assassination?
    • just wanting to get the inevitable over with, whatever comes of it?
    • soaking up as much attention as he can possibly get?
    • running some kind of gambit?
    • simply a zealous martyr-to-be?
    • a cointelpro agent going down in flames on purpose to undermine any future whisteblowing networks?
    • a brainwashed child of a cultist playing his part of "sacrificial lamb" out to its ultimate conclusion?
    • ...other?

I'd really love to think that Assange is totally legit and that he still has something up his sleeve, but I don't know. This guy makes for great drama...and while that makes this all fun to follow, it's unsettling to me. His prominence in the media is just too surreal and "off" for me to take him at face value. I feel like I'm watching a movie playing out with Assange as the larger-than-life protagonist, but right or wrong, I can't help but anticipate a twist at the end.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 12-07-2010 at 06:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

If nothing else, this is an interesting story -- we the living are likely going to be some of the only people to ever hear of this.
    Don't count on that lasting too much longer... (the living)

He's innocent?

-t

Because it is a bogus charge? And you stand a lot greater chance of ending up dead if you try to run from the police? He is a public figure, they can't really disappear him.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Because it is a bogus charge? And you stand a lot greater chance of ending up dead if you try to run from the police? He is a public figure, they can't really disappear him.
    The German police "suicided" some very high profile terrorists after teh Munich attacks... He's not safe yet.

-t

The rape charges are bogus, but this exposes him to great risk of being extradited to the US where the law is not on his side, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    The German police "suicided" some very high profile terrorists after teh Munich attacks... He's not safe yet.

-t
    Yeah, I didn't mean to give the impression that he was "safe". Just saying that my gut tells me that they wanted him to try to run from this arrest warrant.

I dont see how they could send him to the us. Maybe sweden for his "illegal" activities like condoms breaking
    Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

The rape charges are bogus, but this exposes him to great risk of being extradited to the US where the law is not on his side, doesn't it?
    what law? There is no longer rule of law in the US thanks to the US GOV!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to give the impression that he was "safe". Just saying that my gut tells me that they wanted him to try to run from this arrest warrant.
    He's taken the intellectual high ground and the US gvmt lost!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    what law? There is no longer rule of law in the US thanks to the US GOV!!
    The law applies when the USG wants it to, and this is definitely one of those times. Assange could easily be charged under the Espionage Act and be legally executed.

it's all show biz

The law applies when the USG wants it to, and this is definitely one of those times. Assange could easily be charged under the Espionage Act and be legally executed.
    maybe we can hope aliens will come and liberate the Unites States of America from tyranny! (Sarcasm)
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    maybe we can hope aliens will come and liberate the Unites States of America from tyranny! (Sarcasm)
    U'm WAIT, WAIT! - I missed NASA's second Astrobiology announcement.... Are the Grey's coming?

-t

So what could be in the insurance file which makes him feel secure enough to turn himself in (assuming this isn't another self-sacrificial trap as with Amazon)?

What could spark a war, civil or world-wide, with a country with citizens so disconnected from gov't they'd probably shrug off leaks showing Cheney orchestrated 9/11?

These charges are so beyond bull$#@!.

"Honey, the condom just broke"
    (woman dials 911)
    (police begin to tazer man)
    "But honey, I love Youuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuu"

So what could be in the insurance file which makes him feel secure enough to turn himself in (assuming this isn't another self-sacrificial trap as with Amazon)?

What could spark a war, civil or world-wide, with a country with citizens so disconnected from gov't they'd probably shrug off leaks showing Cheney orchestrated 9/11?
    They have never released material labeled "TS" before.... They reportedly have some...

-t

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    These charges are so beyond bull$#@!.

"Honey, the condom just broke"
    (woman dials 911)
    (police begin to tazer man)
    "But honey, I love Youuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuuu Bzzzz uuuuuu"
    Rubbers that break during sex HURT! - Both parties - Been there, done that... Don't want to do it again...

-t

Assange wont be legally executed in the United States. This isn't the OK City bomber, where everyone agrees the bastard deserves it.

Slutter McGee

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

-t
    http://www.counterpunch.org/shamir09142010.html

An American Tea Party website the RightwingNews.com suggested that “a CIA agent with a sniper rifle rattle a bullet around [Assange’s] skull the next time he appears in public as a warning”. Rest assured that the CIA is wiser than the Tea Party. They at least have learned the lesson of Che Guevara. Nowadays they ruin a rebel’s reputation instead of wasting a bullet. They won’t raise Assange up to become a martyr, they simply use his own erstwhile allies to reduce him to a laughing stock. They stain him with opprobrium. It is much more certain and final than the marksman’s shot. History is witness to their growing efficiency in using this tactic. In the 70’s, they could only bring themselves to say that Philip Agee was a womanizer and a drunkard. Nowadays they do not stint at charges of pedophilia, for example to humiliate Scott Ritter for failing to go along with George W Bush’s charade of Iraqi WMD. As you might expect, the rape campaign against Assange might be just an initial volley. Perhaps they will decide he is a pedophile too. The unspoken threat is enough to send some faint-hearted supporters of WikiLeaks scurrying for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    Assange wont be legally executed in the United States. This isn't the OK City bomber, where everyone agrees the bastard deserves it.

Slutter McGee
    The OKC Bomber was never arrested. Only the Government employed soldier/patsy.

People are still too focused on "Dancing with the Stars" and Football games to pay attention.
    Wikileaks has posted proof of war crimes. They told of secret Hit squads murdering civilians.
    They are posting proof of government corruption and lies.

Our government is advocating illegal activities openly. Calling for the murder of a journalist.
    They are pressuring,companies and governments to stifle free speech.
    The TSA is acting openly as a gestapo. Police are shooting people in the street with impunity.
    There are warrant-less check points,
    The economy is in the $#@!er,
    And people just don't get it.

Last edited by pcosmar; 12-07-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The OKC Bomber was never arrested. Only the Government employed soldier/patsy.

People are still too focused on "Dancing with the Stars" and Football games to pay attention.
    Wikileaks has posted proof of war crimes. They told of secret Hit squads murdering civilians.
    They are posting proof of government corruption and lies.

Our government is advocating illegal activities openly. Calling for the murder of a journalist.
    They are pressuring,companies and governments to stifle free speech.
    The TSA is acting openly as a gestapo. Police are shooting people in the street with impunity.
    There are warrant-less check points,
    The economy is in the $#@!er,
    And people just don't get it.

You can believe the OK City bomber is whoever the hell you want. The point is simple. There is a large portion of the population that is engaged in this. It isn't some evil act where almost 100% of the population supports killing the guy, like McVeigh. An (legal) execution for speach will start riots.

Slutter McGee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast