Thread: Mining Stocks

Mining Stocks

I have some stock-buying money free and am thinking about mining companies. Does anyone have recommendations for me?

Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    franco-nevada
    "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788.
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG

Appleseed Project - "Common folks teaching common folks to shoot uncommonly well"

AUNFF, Aurcana Corp, They are a silver mine and are up 9 percent already today.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    Good pick... Bad timing (imhop)

This is weird, why is the stock info page on their site giving me a different graph than yahoo finance?

for ree"s i like cin.v which has nr coming this week and another soon after on venture canada

for gold gbg and ogc to hold long

for silver slx rvm to hold long

all on tsx canada .t
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

For a solar play that I currently own, NENE looks like it still has some great upside potential. It is a very speculative stock but it has shown some phenominal strength recently...

Do your reasearch on this one for sure, but as of now I only regret that I did not buy more of this one initially....

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    Yeah, there is a good possibility that you would be buying at a relative peak...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    here's the main list to pick from:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=^HUI+Components

Arklatex

Quote Originally Posted by eric_cartman View Post
    here's the main list to pick from:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cp?s=^HUI+Components
    Of my miners, none are listed in that index! I'm doing exceptional. All small cap silver miners, a couple gold miners like Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Of my miners, none are listed in that index! I'm doing exceptional. All small cap silver miners, a couple gold miners like Australia.
    Please share.

Arklatex

Quote Originally Posted by ivflight View Post
    Please share.
    Ok, but when I come out with my for $$$ email subscription you have to be my first volunteer customer! thanks!

Ramelious Resources ASX: RMS RMLRF
    Eagle Plains CVE:EPL USA: EGPLF
    Impact Silver CVE:IPT USA: ISVLF
    Aurcana CVE:AUN AUNFF

I have about 5 simliar. I'd call them the 2nd string maybe, maybe sometimes one on 2nd string the most exciting. I am buying 5000 # shares a day in it. It's involved in the Pacific.

Check out Ramelious, highest grade producing mine in Australia yet when I found it it had a sub 200 million market cap! It now pays a big dividend and is barely over $1 a share. MGMT is awesome. And look who I found trying to slip in the back door of this one:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010113...29nk9h4hq5.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    up 32% today! In a bull market like this you are not buying when its to high, they are all still undervalued!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Ok, but when I come out with my for $$$ email subscription you have to be my first volunteer customer! thanks!

I have about 5 simliar. I'd call them the 2nd string maybe, maybe sometimes one on 2nd string the most exciting. I am buying 5000 # shares a day in it. It's involved in the Pacific.

Check out Ramelious, highest grade producing mine in Australia yet when I found it it had a sub 200 million market cap! It now pays a big dividend and is barely over $1 a share. MGMT is awesome. And look who I found trying to slip in the back door of this one:

Eagle plains was up 50% today. I am glad I listened to you and bought Aurcana, I will take a 32% one day gain any day of the week
    -Benjamin Franklin

Eagle plains was up 50% today.
    You probably already knew this, but penny stocks and junior miners are highly volatile. Up 100% one day, down 50% the next (which puts you back at even).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How do you buy/ sell foreign stocks, trade Canada and Australia trade exchange? I have an account with Ameritrade for US stocks online but how to open accounts to trade in Australia and Canada? Is it possible to do online, can you please advice?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You probably already knew this, but penny stocks and junior miners are highly volatile. Up 100% one day, down 50% the next (which puts you back at even).
    Yeah, but in this bull market of precious metals they will be way up more then down, way up!
    -Benjamin Franklin

If you cannot read mining drill results, or value a company yourself based on resource estimates, I would highly recommend staying far AWAY from junior explorers and developers. You could still do okay with some of the mid-tier producers, who actually have income, and readable balance sheets.

The junior game is one that takes years to understand properly. I can honestly say that I have read thousands of news releases from junior companies. After a while it becomes easy to pick out the 10% that have a chance of becoming a mine. But it is still difficult to find the 2% that actually do. It certainly helps being in Vancouver, where most of them are based and where it is easy to approach management and ask questions to get a feel for their competence.

Ramelious looks interesting. What is your outlook on this one?

I bought some Gold Wheaton today.

At this point in time i would stay away from exployers , buy only a producing miner , NG may be a exception as a buy out. Also do not buy a mining stock that trades less than about 400,000 shares a day . If you ever have to get out you could take a beating as the bid-ask spread could really hurt you.

Most mutual funds do not buy stock that are trading less than $5/share. There are hundards of exployer companies of which many have a good story but no money, mostly pump and dump . They are always issuing more stock to fiance their operation and pay.

It cost 10's of millions of dollars to start a producing mine. A company would have to issue 30-50 million more shares to just get started producing.

Buying $500 of 5 different penny stock can be fun but so is betting on 6-6 on the crap table.

Two small miners i own and like . CXZ and USSIF also the best is PAL .
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 12-07-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: SP

up 32% today! In a bull market like this you are not buying when its to high, they are all still undervalued!
    Wow... A one day rally.....

Nene

Guys, this one may tank tomorrow but man has it been going strong! NENE

As a side note remember that there will likely be some profit taking tomorrow and/or friday.

I have a few grand to invest. What would you guys do with $2000?