Thread: How do you become a GOP delegate in CA

How do you become a GOP delegate in CA

I have no idea how this is carried out but am willing to learn. Anyone know how to be a delegate for the GOP in CA?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In California each campaign chooses 3 delegates and alternates per congressional district and an additional number statewide. The winner of each congressional district gets 3 delegates for the National Convention. The statewide winner gets the statewide delegates.

I became a delegate in my district for the last run by simply filling out paperwork. It may have even been online.. but it was very easy. I don't know what the process was after they got my info. They just sent me a congrats letter and the basic details of who I contact and where to show up at the RNC in MN. But of course, we all know what happened.

Matt,

The [RonPaul2012PCC] will handle the process of filing their list of delegates and alternates with the CA Secretary of States. I think we'll have an easier time of filling all the alternate slots this time around.

Steve

where do u be come one is there a link why is it seem to be harder then what it is hahaha is there a fee ? is delegate same as associate delegate?

Here's a link to the online signup.

It is easy for the most part, but what I don't get is the field under "Districts" saying "Appointed by". Appointed by who? The governor? Would anybody be willing to clear that up?

Edit: I just put Jerry Brown in that field. Big deal if it's wrong; they can change it later. Overall, pretty easy. We'll see where it goes from here.
    Last edited by Diashi; 08-15-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diashi View Post
    Here's a link to the online signup.

It is easy for the most part, but what I don't get is the field under "Districts" saying "Appointed by". Appointed by who? The governor? Would anybody be willing to clear that up?

Edit: I just put Jerry Brown in that field. Big deal if it's wrong; they can change it later. Overall, pretty easy. We'll see where it goes from here.
    That is not the form to become a delegate to vote for the Republican nominee for President at the Republican National Convention.

The Ron Paul campaign will submit their own list of 3 delegates and 3 alternates per Congressional District to the CA Secretary of State's Office. There will not be any sign up as the campaign will solicit supporters to become delegates when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    That is not the form to become a delegate to vote for the Republican nominee for President at the Republican National Convention.

The Ron Paul campaign will submit their own list of 3 delegates and 3 alternates per Congressional District to the CA Secretary of State's Office. There will not be any sign up as the campaign will solicit supporters to become delegates when the time comes.
    Oh.

Hah. I tried. Thanks for letting me know. I'll just stick to canvasing.
    Last edited by Diashi; 08-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you do make a delegate, don't give them the idea that you are a Ron Paul supporter.

I think the confusion is there are two kinds of delegates. 1. Ron Paul's slate of delegates to the2012 RNC National Convention. and 2:
    The CA GOP has it's own "delegates" for the State GOP conventions. The way to get here is to win a Republican Primary or support someone who does.
    Becoming the Republican Nominee to an Assembly, Senate, Congressional or Statewide Position makes you a member of the CRP. They also get to appoint members based on how they do in the General Election.

You can also become a member of the CRP by being the Treasurer or Chair of your County Republican Party. To get here, you must run for Republican Committee in the June Primary. In LA, there are seven seats on this committee in each congressional district (at least partly) in the county. Some counties are represented based on Supervisory Districts.

As the Republican Nominee from the 38th CD says "Goverment is run by Committee". Try to get on your county Republican Committee next year, so you can influence which direction govermment takes: Towards Liberty or continues on the path towards Tyranny.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but if Ron Paul wins a certain congressional district, doesn't he get all of the delegates in that district to vote for him in the RNC?

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but if Ron Paul wins a certain congressional district, doesn't he get all of the delegates in that district to vote for him in the RNC?
    Yes. Each candidate will submit a list of 3 delegates and 3 alternate delegates per Congressional District to the Secretary of State. Whoever wins the Congressional District wins the 3 delegates and 3 alternates. Those delegates will go to the RNC in support of their candidate.

Went ahead and updated this information on the Ron Paul 2012 Delegates training site: http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/