Thread: The Pre-Debate Reception is about to start...

The Pre-Debate Reception is about to start...

2 questions though...

Why the $500 donation requirement?

Will Justin.tv or RPR be covering it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would guess it is a fund raiser.

Congressman Paul has been far more generous about making appearances that do not require any donation than any other major candidate. I suspect that at times he has to allocate his limited time in a fashion that is most productive.

My biggest beef is that they do not seem to give us poor folks much time to save up for the private functions. Iwould love to have donated enough to attend the Chicago event, but with only a week and a half to come up with a donation of that size....I just could not do it.

I am happy that apparently lots of people could though!

I guess that sounds fair.

Because unlike Huckabee Ron Paul is running a real campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    2 questions though...

Why the $500 donation requirement?

Will Justin.tv or RPR be covering it?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    My biggest beef is that they do not seem to give us poor folks much time to save up for the private functions. Iwould love to have donated enough to attend the Chicago event, but with only a week and a half to come up with a donation of that size....I just could not do it.
    I agree with this. I'm trying to get an extra part time job that will allow me to donate proceeds to Dr. Paul. But it'd be good to know how much time I have before he comes to my part of the country... if he comes to my part of the country!

Also, it'd be cool if these events were announced early so that you could buy your ticket well in advance. This would allow people to donate their funds earlier, which would put them in Paul's hands earlier!

While I feel you on the 'why the large minimum donations?' thing since I dont have that kind of bank, Dr. Paul does need to hold those kinds of functions in order to raise money for the campaign. Most candidates only do a small percentage of "free" events - some do none at all. That's why Thompson, Mitt, and Giuliani raise so much money - people are required to pay 1 or 2 grand see them. In contrast, Dr. Paul is a true man of the people and often speaks to us for free. Luckily, I've gotten a chance to take advantage of such an opportunity But he does have to be pragmatic when it comes to fundraising, so thats why he has to do it. hope you get to see him if you havent already