Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pray for Ron Paul at the debate tonight! That's right, PRAY!

Pray for Ron Paul at the debate tonight! That's right, PRAY!

I encourage everyone who is a person of faith to pray for Ron Paul tonight. To be blunt, Ron Paul is already a person with a great message! However, having GOD backing you up never hurts when you are trying to spread a message in a tough situation!

We need to pray that God will inspire him with the exact words he needs to say, give him courage, and a supernatural boost of energy!

Due to events in my life I KNOW FOR A FACT prayer actually works. God has blessed me in many ways in my life. I've had him answer prayers in ways that astounded me. I have faith that if we pray for God to bless Ron Paul tonight that AMAZING things will happen!!!

I think Ron Paul deserves our prayers. Will you pray for him?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will do great without any prayers just like he has done before.

I encourage everyone who is a person of faith to pray for Ron Paul tonight. To be blunt, Ron Paul is already a person with a great message! However, having GOD backing you up never hurts when you are trying to spread a message in a tough situation!

We need to pray that God will inspire him with the exact words he needs to say, give him courage, and a supernatural boost of energy!

Due to events in my life I KNOW FOR A FACT prayer actually works. God has blessed me in many ways in my life. I've had him answer prayers in ways that astounded me. I have faith that if we pray for God to bless Ron Paul tonight that AMAZING things will happen!!!

I couldn't agree more.

I'll do it, no harm in trying

Quote Originally Posted by StateofTrance View Post
    He will do great without any prayers just like he has done before.
    Please speak for yourself. I am sure there have been many prayers going on.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Indeed.

But I'm speaking for the Atheist crowd here if you will..

SouthernGuy was talking to people of Faith. If your not one, please be courteous and don't clutter up his thread with condescending comments.

Oh ok, I dont really believe in that stuff, but ok, just for $#@!s and giggles, Ill do it.

Ill do it just in case
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about a voodoo spell on the moderators?

Fox saying he is in top tier in the debate... hmmmm.... something seems fishy.

You cannot take a breath of air if God did not allow for it.
    The bible says pray for your leaders.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Can those of you who do not believe in a higher power, please go somewhere else? There is no need for your little detracting comments.

The bible says pray for your leaders.
    You must be kidding.

Yes! I have several times already...
    LukeNM

Gen. George Washington during the first American Revolution:
    "We can't guarantee victory, but we can deserve it."

You must be kidding.
    Not even a little.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

You must be kidding.
    Do you think you could manage to respect those of us who believe in God, as we have respected those of you who do not?

You must be kidding.
    Hey now, just to be fair, im with you on this, but we shouldnt make fun of someone elses beliefs.

If they want to pray because they think it will help, dont rip on em just for that.

Not cool.

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    SouthernGuy was talking to people of Faith. If your not one, please be courteous and don't clutter up his thread with condescending comments.
    This atheist agrees.

nothing wrong with this, i did it, maybe someones listening, maybe not - its a coin toss for me and those are some odds i am comfortable with.

Do you think you could manage to respect those of us who believe in God, as we have respected those of you who do not?
    This is not a detracting / off-topic comment for you?

Geez this is gonna end well...

Here, I was watching The War by Ken Burns Episode 3 of 7
    They were discussing the Anzio campaign:

Narration: after one massive shelling one mess sergeant fell to his knees and began to pray

"God help us", he said.
    "You come yourself. Don't send Jesus.
    This is no place for children."

I thought that was rather quaint, amusing, and insightful. Thought I'd pass it on. :-)

This is not a detracting / off-topic comment for you?

seriously stop heckling people that beleive, i personally don't know, but i dont make it a point to go about bashing beleivers. If you dont beleive and are close minded to other views, you are just as ignorant as he who beleives, and is close minded to your views.

Start respecting each other people.

I'm a former Christian who became an Atheist on his own. If you are an Atheist bashing Christians, I think it is really you having trouble coming to grips that you probably were the same way as the people you need to put down. You likely resent that you thought the same way as them at one point. If you believe that you are right then let the religious people come to this on their own terms, without your snarky remarks.

If you are a Christian - do not bash the Atheists, for you should believe that it is up to them to come to God on their own. Either way it is NOBODY'S business to put people down for their beliefs. Enlightenment does not come from adherence to your position, it comes from willingness to CHANGE it in the face of better evidence.

As the hippies would say, "It's your journey man."

The entirety of Ron Paul's message is - live and let live.

Edit: PLEASE don't listen to the detractors my Christian friends - do pray for Dr. Paul - our cause needs all the help it can get!
    Last edited by SpicyItalian739; 10-21-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Its one thing for an atheist to joke about religion with a christian friend, but its entirely something else to directly attack their beliefs as "ridiculous".

Im not a believer, but what good does it do to tell somoene that believes in god that they are crazy for believing in it? Its just a difference in opinion after all, since neither side has any direct proof on the subject. All it does is put people on the defensive, which is exactly the opposite of what we need. Everyone here believes in RP right?

Isnt that good enough? If someone feels good praying for Ron Paul, hell, I say go for it. Whatever boosts your spirits and gets you going right?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will do!! I believe in the power of prayer.

As a side note Please read the first line of OP's message "I encourage everyone WHO IS A PERSON OF FAITH to pray for Ron Paul tonight." If this isn't your thing then leave the rest of us alone. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernGuy15 View Post

I commit to prying fo rhim and YES God hears prayers.....

Yep, I'll continue praying for Dr. Paul.

I have to say that my most recent experience with the power of prayer was a few weeks ago when I had to play about 25 minutes worth of Chopin piano music in front of a packed house of 2,750 people. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill me, taking away any nervousness I was feeling and helping me to do my best. Well, needless to say, I got on stage just as if I were performing with no audience, and it went extremely well.

I will be asking the same for Dr. Paul in his debate performance tonight.

I'm Dionysian and I'll pray for Ron Paul before tonight's debate.

If you don't pray...

Send good thoughts...which I know you guys do. Yes I will pray and I always pray for his safety too.

Nobody holds their beliefs thinking they are irrational, everybody thinks they are right. When you understand this you realise how ineffective insults are to getting people to change their mind.

Everybody is on their own journey.

That said, I'm an atheist and I think most people when given all the evidence and time to make an informed decision would likely lean that way. But you have to be exposed to all the views and that can only happen if you are open.

It's quite like what ron paul preaches, people who are open hungrily eat up the truth he speaks and it excites them, but some people resist and prefer the comfort of their extisting neocon beliefs....

that's the way I look at it anyway.

Pray if you want, it's your life, but I can think of plenty of other things to spend your time on that will help him a lot more.

Just my opinion.
    "Not everybody will take care of themselves like they should. Not everybody will be responsible. But when we allow people to become more creative, then we understand the real true purpose in life is to strive for virtue and excellence. We can't do that with government bearing down on us every single day." - Ron Paul

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast