Thread: Charges against Julian Assange are bu/////shhh///ttttttt

Charges against Julian Assange are bu/////shhh///ttttttt

YouTube - Key House Democrat: "There Are No Rules Here ... We Make Them Up As We Go Along"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/s...without-condom
    A lawyer who recently represented Julian Assange says the Swedish sex assault investigation into the WikiLeaks founder is based on claims he didn't use condoms during sex with two Swedish women.
    James D. Catlin, a lawyer in Melbourne, Australia, says in an article published Thursday that Sweden's justice system is destined to become "the laughingstock of the world" for investigating rape charges in two cases where women complained that Assange had had sex with them without using a condom.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hahahahahahahahhahaahhaahahhahahahahaahhahahaahhah ahahahahahahahahaha

you've got to be kidding me!
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

I actually have assumed that the charges were BS from the very beginning.

I was just waiting for the official announcement.

Wait, if he had used a condom then it wouldn't have been rape, it was only rape because he didn't use a condom

That sounds really hard to prove in court.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He probably can get a lawyer and beat the rape thing . What he needs to be worried about is being charged with espionage . He should have disappeared .

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wait, if he had used a condom then it wouldn't have been rape, it was only rape because he didn't use a condom

That sounds really hard to prove in court.
    Actually, he did, according to the girls bragging about it.
    In on case it broke, and in the other he didn't use one the second time around.

Busy guy, what can you say.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

No no...this has nothing to do with rape. In the interviews they randomly heard that the couple wasn't using a condom, and decided to charge based on that i my impression.

We'll see I guess. There is a chance he's guilty but the whole thing sounds bogus.

For those unable to click a link,
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/s...ithout-condom/

Lawyer: Sweden investigating Assange for sex without condom

By Daniel Tencer
    Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 -- 5:15 pm

Prosecutors 'making it up as they go along'

A lawyer who recently represented Julian Assange says the Swedish sex assault investigation into the WikiLeaks founder is based on claims he didn't use condoms during sex with two Swedish women.

James D. Catlin, a lawyer in Melbourne, Australia, says in an article published Thursday that Sweden's justice system is destined to become "the laughingstock of the world" for investigating rape charges in two cases where women complained that Assange had had sex with them without using a condom.

Catlin, who confirmed to Raw Story that Assange retained his services for a "limited duration" in October but did not provide details, also said both of the accusers "boast[ed] of their respective conquests" after the alleged crimes had been committed. "The Swedes are making it up as they go along," he wrote.

Catlin's claims are likely to add fuel to speculation that Sweden's investigation of Assange is politically motivated.

He writes:

Apparently having consensual s-x in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape. That is the basis for a reinstitution of r-pe charges against WikiLeaks figurehead Julian Assange that is destined to make Sweden and its justice system the laughing stock of the world and dramatically damage its reputation as a model of modernity.

Sweden’s Public Prosecutor’s Office was embarrassed in August this year when it leaked to the media that it was seeking to arrest Assange for rape, then on the same day withdrew the arrest warrant because in its own words there was “no evidence”. The damage to Assange’s reputation is incalculable. More than three quarters of internet references to his name refer to rape. Now, three months on and three prosecutors later, the Swedes seem to be clear on their basis to proceed. Consensual sex that started out with a condom ended up without one, ergo, the sex was not consensual.

Catlin's article appeared Thursday in the Australian online current affairs site Crikey.

He argued that Sweden has been pushed into a corner by the investigation and has found itself moving forward with a flimsy case because, in this day and age of social networking news and instant communication, prosecutors can't add new evidence without publicly discrediting themselves.

Catlin also said that the two alleged victims -- whom he names in the article -- boasted of their sexual "conquests" online after the incidents took place.

They sought advice together, having collaborated and irrevocably tainted each other’s evidence beforehand. Their SMS texts to each other show a plan to contact the Swedish newspaper Expressen beforehand in order to maximise the damage to Assange. They belong to the same political group and attended a public lecture given by Assange and organised by them.

According to an August report in the Daily Mail, both of the accusers' complaints stem from lack of condom use. In the case of "Woman A," as the Daily Mail identifies her, a condom broke during intercourse. In the case of "Woman B," Assange reportedly did not use a condom during a second round of intercourse.

Catlin states that neither of the women's police statements "complain of rape."

"But then neither [of the accusers] complained to the police but rather 'sought advice,' a technique in Sweden enabling citizens to avoid just punishment for making false complaints," Catlin alleges.

Catlin promises that, as the investigation goes on, it will reveal "damning evidence" about "what passes for legal process in Sweden." Even though the investigation has been ongoing since August, he says Assange's lawyers didn't receive any documents from prosecutors until November 18, and then the documents were only in Swedish, "contrary to European Law."

When the investigation was first announced in August, Assange said the timing -- which seemed to coincide with the release of a cache of Afghanistan-related documents -- was "deeply disturbing." He has speculated that the Pentagon may have been behind the investigation.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, that’s great news. They have nothing on him. It’s a joke. The late night comedians will go nuts on this, and it’s only going to serve as free advertising for Wikileaks and free fame for Assange. They can’t even get him for espionage because he only published (didn’t steal) newsworthy items. And if they try to go ahead and arrest him for anything, there could be riots around the world. And they can’t safely assassinate him at this point for fear of martyrdom (guaranteeing riots). This is getting really big really fast, and the timing could not be better for Napolitano and Freedom Watch; they are all over it every night. This story could be to them what the Iranian hostage crisis was for Ted Koppel and Nightline. And all this combined with the nature of the story could boost the whole anti-government/pro-liberty sentiment into hyper drive. And all the networks who’ve been down on Assange will now HAVE to report on the condom fiasco; making them all look foolish. It’s almost like Assange has been playing this for all it’s worth, drawing all the puppets out on a limb. This is exciting! I only hope it serves to discredit Lieberman just as much as the MSM.
    Last edited by idirtify; 12-02-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Nobody should have to wear condoms. Those things are awful - and I've received samples for all the fancy ones, too -- terrible devices.

The quality must be much, much worse in Africa. It's hard to blame them for wanting to risk HIV.

so that explains why it's called wikiLEAKS

It just had to be said.

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waiting staff.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/s...without-condom

They couldn't say no??? Sounds like they shoulda kept their legs shut. I don't feel sorry.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

CONSENSUAL

http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/12/02/...-they-go-along

Apparently having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape. That is the basis for a reinstitution of rape charges against WikiLeaks figurehead Julian Assange that is destined to make Sweden and its justice system the laughing stock of the world and dramatically damage its reputation as a model of modernity.

Is the media and world government apparatus TRYING to make Assange a total badass?

Because it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    so that explains why it's called wikiLEAKS

It just had to be said.

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waiting staff.
    I was thinking DickiLeaks.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Strangers in the night exchanging rubbers
    This one's too tight. I need another
    This one is too loose... I'm loosing all my juice.

YouTube - Eurythmics "Sex Crime" 1984
    Last edited by agitator; 12-03-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Having sex without a condom is illegal now?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Having sex without a condom is illegal now?
    Only if they want to say it is.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

And they put an Interpol alert out for this? How can anyone not see what's going on here?

What about sex with a condom that has a leak or a rupture???
    So duckies... was he set up and if so, did he deserve this grief?

He could be very close to returning to the U.K

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    What about sex with a condom that has a leak or a rupture???
    So duckies... was he set up and if so, did he deserve this grief?
    Has he been charged with anything?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Has he been charged with anything?
    Assange ran...
    He split. He
    beat out the rap.