Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The election after the election, how liberty took hold in the NH State House

Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    No it's not. Some rural areas with very large tracts where no one keeps tabs maybe - but not in towns. You can't just go onto someone's property .... sorry. There are various exceptions but universally you are not allowed on someones land.

From the "SPACE" (current use owners ) website:
    There are 8-9 cities in NH. Everything else is towns except for a very Purchases and some other random stretches of land. I agree that the area of backyards right next to homes and such isn't typically open to public use. But the vast majority of land in NH isn't really being used for anything other than to hold trees, rocks and streams. Again, I don't know what you are thinking, but the vast majority of NH is private rural land that isn't posted. Start hiking around NH, you will see that only a small amount of land is posted.

However, I don't necessarily recommend walking around random private land in NH. In NH hunting on private land happens most of the year by people with permission from the property owner so even if it isn't during one of the designated hunting seasons, walking on private land isn't advised unless you make it extremely obvious to folks that you are a human (wear orange or bright yellow, for example). If you are hiking on private land near trails (100s of hiking trails in NH are on private land) than most of the hunters will already know to look out for you but be careful if you go anywhere else.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keith,

I don't want to argue with you and got off track. The point I was trying to make is that you can't just go on someones property if it's out in the country just because you feel like it. You can't go on anyones property unless they let you or have designated it open public use because of tax breaks or easements (or hunting). Many trails may be on private land but if that's the case they have given their permission. Otherwise you could drive into any rural spot, park the car and walk into someones land.. and you can't. Same with trails that are on wood roads - class VI roads are another story because they are generally town owned ROW's..

But back to current use. Anyone who gets a real estate tax bill could see their bill go down by changing the way land in current use is taxed.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    Keith,

I don't want to argue with you and got off track. The point I was trying to make is that you can't just go on someones property if it's out in the country just because you feel like it. You can't go on anyones property unless they let you or have designated it open public use because of tax breaks or easements (or hunting). Many trails may be on private land but if that's the case they have given their permission. Otherwise you could drive into any rural spot, park the car and walk into someones land.. and you can't. Same with trails that are on wood roads - class VI roads are another story because they are generally town owned ROW's..

But back to current use. Anyone who gets a real estate tax bill could see their bill go down by changing the way land in current use is taxed.
    if someone doesn't want you on their land. then they post a sign all the time! no sign open to me in colorado or any state!! i know some rangers in colorado and the bottom line is if it is private land and not marked it is open to walk on. if someone doesnt want you on their land they need to post a sign or they have no case until they post a sign!!! that is basically the bottom line coming from law enforcement! if i didn't want strangers knocking on my door i would have to post a no trespassing sign at my gate or property line or i don't have an argument until i do. straight from ranger/local police and state trooper!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-02-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

That's pretty much how it works in NH too. I mean, if someone saw you on their land they could ask you to leave and stuff but the chances of them seeing you are very small as most of NH is woods.

Anyway, I enjoy living in NH and am very glad I moved to NH.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    awesome thread! the only thing keeping me from NH is the climate! My wife has 14 fused vertebrae! People might think it is colder in the co mtns but just the opposite. It is dryer and usually warmer in the winter unless your south of colorado! I wish you guys the best in NH and when i finally have some extra $$. I would be more then willing to give my support

At this point we are looking into southern colorado(salida/durango area aka banana belt) or joining Adam Kokesh in NM for the LIBERTY Fight in the next few yrs! maybe create a liberty farm or county in Colorado For my wife's health we need to find a somewhat warmer climate. If we cannot find something affordable in CO/NM we just might be forced to leave our country

ps we have some great friends in minnesota who have offered to have us out there but i would have to make a full heat suit for my wife
    I don't find it that cold in NH. I mean, I work outside in the winter at a ski area. Before or after work, I frequently ski, like I'll do today.

However, I could see how people with certain extreme medical conditions couldn't live in the majority of the US. If your wife is in a lot of pain when he legs/back/anywhere are 60 degrees or something (about what it would feel like outside when going through the trouble of putting very heavy winter clothes when it is really cold out) , it might not make sense for her to move to NH.

Most people here will likely disagree but I think you could do more for the future of liberty by living in Southern CO/NM and telling people about liberty in general and the FSP specifically than spending your liberty related activism time trying to get Adam elected as a US Senator or US Congressman. I think he has a realistic shot as a State Rep and maybe when he gets better name recognition as a State Senator. You don't have to move to NH, you don't have to give money if you don't have it. Just spreading the word of the FSP, even to the confused Adam volunteers (the people that think he will actually be elected US Senator from NM in the next election or something) would help get the message out.

The changes to House rules have already started happening in NH. Now people can carry a gun into the NH State House again.

Does the State House in your state Not have metal detectors? Does the State House in your state allow people to carry any type of knife or sword possible? Does the State House in your state allow people to carry firearms, even open, without a permit? Even for 15 year old people? Welcome to New Hampshire!

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...8-2d16e9a9e7f3
    GOP welcomes back guns to the State House
    9 hours, 27 minutes ago

CONCORD – Republicans started off the year by allowing guns in and around the New Hampshire House chambers Wednesday, and starting an ouster attempt against a leading Democrat.

The change in gun policy reverses a long-standing ban on firearms in Representatives Hall and adjacent areas. Republicans supported the change in a loud voice vote.

Democrats tried to win a ban on deadly weapons in the House gallery area, but were defeated by the three-to-one GOP majority. Firearms have been banned from the chamber for 40 years, since 1971.

Lawmakers on Tuesday repealed a year-old ban on all weapons at the State House complex.

Senate rules are silent on the weapon issue. Joint rules leave security issues up to Sergeants-at-Arms, New Hampshire State Police and staff.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-06-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Is there a Facebook/Twitter page to follow to get updates like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    The main paper in NH, the Union Leader, tends to be pro-liberty and cover these issues. News like this is covered on Free Talk Live, a talk radio show and podcast and maybe on several of the main blogs in NH (likely both pro-liberty leaning and anti-liberty leaning). I don't really know for twitter. I only have a couple accounts and don't use it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    I would just keep checking http://freekeene.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I would just keep checking http://freekeene.com/
    I don't post any updates on that forum and I've posted nothing on that blog.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the new chair of the NH GOP is a Tea Partier. He is very pro-liberty on many issues and would fit right in with many of the people here. This news was posted on Freekeene, though

Here is a great video of him appearing on a TV show that was started in Concord, NH by a conservative and an anarchist.
    http://freekeene.com/2011/01/27/new-...cal-extremist/

From http://www.redhampshire.com/

http://www.redhampshire.com/house-re...lative-agenda/

House Republicans Issue Progress Report on Legislative Agenda
    March 2, 2011
    by D.J. Bettencourt

The first three paragraphs below and the rest at the link above.

Concord—Just two months into the 2011 legislative session, and the with the state facing a nearly $1 billion deficit, New Hampshire House Republicans today issued a progress report on their legislative agenda that they first presented in January.

House Majority Leader D.J. Bettencourt (R-Salem) pointed to progress made in the five major areas of the agenda: government spending and regulations; business and enterprise; retirement reform; education excellence; and personal rights and social responsibility.

“We want to keep the people of New Hampshire up to date on our progress, where we stand in critical areas like the budget, education and pension reform; and the work that still must be done. We believe that this should be done openly and candidly,” said Bettencourt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12