Thread: DON'T MIMIC BLS ON THIS: Thank you for your contribution

DON'T MIMIC BLS ON THIS: Thank you for your contribution

- Fun with donating!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

btt - because it's fun.

Okay, I hate to be a Negative Ned, but don't do that, please.

Why? For every web donation, the campaign has to pay a transaction fee to the company that processes the charge. This donation will eventually be reviewed and refunded IN FULL, which means the money they paid for the processing fee comes out of other donations.

And, not only do they pay the transaction fee when you initially donate the money, they also have to pay the fee AGAIN when they send it back to you.

Stop wasting the campaign's resources.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

He probably put in his real name as credit card holder. If so, it should go through.
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Maybe the campaign could give donors a quote to show up next to their name? Say, for any donation of more than $50, you get your quote to show up on the widget!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbler de Stebbing View Post
    He probably put in his real name as credit card holder. If so, it should go through.
    Nope. "Freedom Fighter" is not the name on the card and thus makes the transaction one that has to be refunded/returned.

The name you give in the reporting block has to match the name on the card.

3. I am making this contribution (and paying this credit charge) with my own personal funds, and I am not using funds provided by any other person or from any corporation, labor union or national bank to make this contribution.
    Last edited by foofighter20x; 10-21-2007 at 12:18 PM.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

Wow....didn't know that....that sucks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.