Thread: Julian Assange of Wikileaks says he is a Libertarian

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well welcome aboard

i wonder if someone sent him all the ron paul books/videos

Is it a good thing that the most hated man identifies himself as a libertarian? Heh

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Is it a good thing that the most hated man identifies himself as a libertarian? Heh
    At least GOPers hate Assange more than Ron Paul.

it is the reason he is hated in a sense....

Chester Copperpot

will mike huckabee call on to kill all libertarians now?

I doubt it will make a difference. Statists are inclined to hate libertarians anyway (recall the vitriol that has been unleashed on people like RP for opposing the Regime).
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Libertarians will always be hated by the mainstream media, statists and those in power. So the fact that more people who are actually fighting for a good cause are identifying themselves as libertarians is great IMO.
    Last edited by Liberty_Mike; 12-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.

more evidence libertarians are badass

I do not find that believable .

Just what I was thinking..

He's the most hated man...That's a stretch..unless of course your last name is Rumsfeld. The top tier in government and media constitute less than 1% of the population. Everyone else seems to love him, especially the internet.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Quote Originally Posted by eOs View Post
    He's the most hated man...That's a stretch..unless of course your last name is Rumsfeld. The top tier in government and media constitute less than 1% of the population. Everyone else seems to love him, especially the internet.
    I wish this were true... but it is not... libertarians and liberals love him... conservatives across the board pretty much want to see him executed.

It's truly sickening.
    "If men are good, then they need no rulers. If men are bad, then governments of men, composed of men, will also be bad - and probably worse, due to the State's amplification of coercive power." - Ozarkia

"Big Brother is watching. So are we." - WikiLeaks

Laissez-nous faire, laissez-nous passer. Le monde va de lui meme.

the only way to get us noticed at this point in time in a hurry--get the libertarian brand truly hated by some and outright attacked on all main stream media. if they do that, this movement will be automatically put in charge to lead the voice of dissent against the establishment.

therefore counter-intuitively, we should be looking for more hatred for doing the right thing, not less.
    Last edited by jtstellar; 12-02-2010 at 03:28 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's hated by the politicians but what's the opinion of the general population?

Yeah? Well my school president also says he is a libertarian and he obviously isn't. Just because he is doing what he is doing doesn't mean he is a libertarian. He could be a big government statist for all we know, but an open big government statist. I will have to find out what his beliefs on the economy and government are before i will believe he is a libertarian.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Did he say he is a libertarian? That is not what I read. He said he was influenced by American Libertarianism.
    Which is still a good thing. I believe he is a freedom fighter, and thus an ally.
    Beyond that I am not really concerned. He is not running for office. Nor is he pushing for laws to restrict my freedom.
    He is throwing wrenches in the machine. He is sowing divisions between proponents of the one world crowd.
    He is exposing the lies and deceptions of corrupt governments.
    All good.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Who hates him?
    The government? The banks?
    Good!